PDA

View Full Version : 100 NL: big overpairs on flop facing min raises

11-01-2005, 12:43 AM
How do you guys play if you are min raised with an overpair in a big pot?

I am continually seeing sets and I'm not sure how to avoid them.

If I fold to a min raise I start getting paranoid that they catch on and do it everytime. Maybe I should fold to them anyway but I am CONTINUALLY getting min raised.

Another problem that comes up is if I reraise I usually have so much committed that I have to call the 2nd reraise all in.

Please help!

Macquarie
11-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Are you heads up? Are you in position or out of position? Is the board draw-heavy or dry? Have you seen villain play his draws aggressively? Do you raise preflop a lot, or only a little?

It might be easier to comment if you posted specific hands.

xorbie
11-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Play like me and never fold.

HtotheNootch
11-01-2005, 01:19 AM
Stack size is also a factor. More info would be helpful.

11-01-2005, 01:31 AM
Ok, lets assume you have KK utg, raise to 4$, get 2 callers with full stacks, and the flop is 10,J,2. You bet the pot and get min raised.

What should I do?

What if the flop came T,8,2???

grouchie
11-01-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, lets assume you have KK utg, raise to 4$, get 2 callers with full stacks, and the flop is 10,J,2. You bet the pot and get min raised.

What should I do?

What if the flop came T,8,2???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd start by making my standard raise with KK UTG larger than $4.
Also, action would be read dependant based on your opponent.
Is the opponent aggressive and tricky. Will this opponent mini-raise you because they think you are betting wiht a missed AK?
Have they seen you fold alot to min-raises and are just playing back at you?

Hattifnatt
11-01-2005, 05:39 AM
That's a tough situation without reads. But I usually call and take it from there, but a fold is not that bad I guess. I almost never 3-bet in this situation.

MTBlue
11-01-2005, 05:40 AM
Check call the minraise. Lead turn for 1/2-3/4 of the pot. Fold to raise. It keeps them from checking behind and takes a player with big balls to raise you twice with air, and you'll know that player pretty quick when you find them.

thomastem
11-01-2005, 05:57 AM
There is no automatic call or fold here. You have define your opponent under the situation. I would not discount rereaise as an option either.

Start tsaking notes on what all of your opponents are min raising flops with against you as well as against others. If he has a specific read on you the 2 may be different.

Ojo_Rojo
11-01-2005, 06:51 AM
What MTBlue said.

Ojo_Rojo