PDA

View Full Version : Played too weak?

superpoe
06-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Loose low limit online, game is 8 handed, I am 1 off the button.

Everyone limps to me and I call with Ks7s. Button raises, sb folds, bb, and everyone else calls.

Flop comes 8d 7h Js. Checked all the way to me, I check, button checks. Does anyone bet here?

Turn brings the Tc. Checked to the button who bets. BB, UTG, and UTG+1 call. Folded to me, and I call. Does anyone bet here before the button? Anyone raise the buttons bet?

River is the Ac. Everyone checks to me and I also check, looking for the check-raise. Correct Play? Button bets, everyone calls, I raise, everyone calls, and I take down a decent pot.

Questions: Does anyone think I played this hand too weak? Should I have bet the flop and turn?

Comments appreciated.

SoBeDude
06-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Am I missing something?

Board is: 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif A /forums/images/icons/club.gif

And you have K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Seems like you have 5th pair?

-Scott

John Biggs
06-13-2003, 02:02 PM
You make a pair of sevens and a backdoor flush draw on the flop. Pot is seven big bets and you have about six outs all told, so you can certainly call here if it's bet to you. A bet here on your part is close to neutral as long as no one is slowplaying you.

On the turn, you no longer have a flush draw, so you have five outs at most, assuming they're clean. You have to figure you're beat here given the number of callers, so you need to improve to justify a river call.

The river is what I really don't understand. I don't get your raise of the Ace with just a pair of sevens; I don't even see a call here. You got incredibly lucky, it seems to me. So what am I missing? What have I gotten wrong?

LondonBroil
06-13-2003, 02:25 PM
5th pair, but a great kicker!

dirty_dan
06-13-2003, 02:25 PM
Are you sure you had K7s and not K9s?

John Biggs
06-13-2003, 02:31 PM

mmanne
06-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Or did it come down Turn = T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif River = A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ??

HUSKER'66
06-13-2003, 03:25 PM

superpoe
06-13-2003, 03:56 PM
Whoops.

The Turn is the Ts
The River is the As

I have the nuts.

Sorry about the confusion

Ulysses
06-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Everyone limps to me and I call with Ks7s. Button raises, sb folds, bb, and everyone else calls.
OK.

Flop comes 8d 7h Js. Checked all the way to me, I check, button checks. Does anyone bet here?
No. You have bottom pair and backdoor flush draw. Why bet into a pre-flop raiser and a huge field with that?

Turn brings the Ts. Checked to the button who bets. BB, UTG, and UTG+1 call. Folded to me, and I call. Does anyone bet here before the button? Anyone raise the buttons bet?
You're still on a weak pair with a big draw. It's a loose game, so you're unlikely to take it down with a bet. Let the button bet and hope everyone calls. If button checks again, that's fine too.

River is the As. Everyone checks to me and I also check, looking for the check-raise. Correct Play?
No. This is an ugly board. One card straight. Flush. Big cards. There are a lot of decent hands button might take a shot with on the turn, but then check the river when everyone calls the turn. Bet and hope to get check-raised by someone else who picked up a flush draw on the turn.