PDA

View Full Version : "you have my number, use it" (Warning: Girl Problems Post)

tonypaladino
10-31-2005, 11:47 PM
I appologize in advance for starting another stupid female problems thread.

was at a party on saturday night, and I was talking a lot with a girl I used to work with. We talked a lot about our personal issues we were having with school and stuff. Honestly, I think I must have came across as fairly pathetic. We had gotten fairly close a few years ago, but then sort of drifted apart. As she was leaving the party, she said to me "you have my number, use it".

Does she want some hot Tony meat or does she just want to talk??

I also appologize if my post makes no sense. I am very tired and sleep deprived, and I'm staying up to write a paper, but it's giving me a headache so I'm [censored] around oot.

TONY

Brainwalter
10-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Call her and find out?

Get drunk, then call her?

tonypaladino
10-31-2005, 11:51 PM
Let me just elaborate a little. I was once really good friends with her, and still am a little, and I don't want to [censored] that up. I may be in the minority, but a good friendship is more important to me than getting laid.

Clarkmeister
10-31-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I appologize in advance for starting another stupid female problems thread

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what OOT is for!

You leave out the important question, namely, are you interested, and if so, in what?

tonypaladino
10-31-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what OOT is for!

You leave out the important question, namely, are you interested, and if so, in what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested in hooking up with her, but I also value our friendship.

She's not exceptionally hot, but she's cute and really fun to hang out with.

d10
10-31-2005, 11:54 PM
You've provided no information at all to determine whether she wants "Tony meat" or just talk. But either way, your next move would be exactly the same, which would be to call her.

durron597
10-31-2005, 11:55 PM
She almost certainly just wants to talk. Just call her and be yourself and let whatever happens happen (either way) and don't worry about it.

Of course that is not necessarily the play if you are seeing to get laid ASAP but if your priorities are where you say there are that is the plan.

cdxx
10-31-2005, 11:56 PM
call her on wednesday or thursday night, pretty late. tell her you are just going home from a bar night with friends, but wanted to stop by, see if she's up for a night cap. you can see if she'll come out to a nearby romantic coffeeshop/coctail lounge or if she'll invite you to her place.

either way, she should realize that it's a booty call. if she has any interest in you, you'll get lucky that night.

Clarkmeister
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what OOT is for!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested in hooking up with her, but I also value our friendship.

She's not exceptionally hot, but she's cute and really fun to hang out with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You value the friendship of someone you "used to work with" and were "fairly close (with) a few years ago, but then sort of drifted apart"?? Seems more than a little odd to me. So you want to hop on her and not feel guilty about it not being anything more than a convenient lay? That's what it sounds like.

tonypaladino
[ QUOTE ]
She almost certainly just wants to talk. Just call her and be yourself and let whatever happens happen (either way) and don't worry about it.

Of course that is not necessarily the play if you are seeing to get laid ASAP but if your priorities are where you say there are that is the plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate talking on the phone though. I would want to meet up with her in person, so I guess I'll call and ask if she wants to hang out this week.

HopeydaFish
11-01-2005, 12:09 AM
My read on this is that she wants you to call her to ask her out. "You have my number, use it" is a lot more forceful than "Give me a call sometime if you feel like talking"...I think the way she phrased her statement is a pretty strong indication of her intentions.

pokerdirty
11-01-2005, 12:20 AM
she wants your nuts buddy. you can trust me.

-guy who started last girl problems thread.

11-01-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"You have my number, use it" is a lot more forceful than "Give me a call sometime if you feel like talking"...I think the way she phrased her statement is a pretty strong indication of her intentions.

[/ QUOTE ]

SteamingFish
11-01-2005, 12:33 AM
She did sound pretty forceful. God, I wish I had problems like this.

11-01-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I may be in the minority, but a good friendship is more important to me than getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I personally say F this thinking. Are you sure you're afraid of ruining the friendship, or are you scared of being rejected? I used to say something like this so I could fold if I thought I was going to be humiliated, but then I started saying F it and went for the gold. If you do get rejected, more often than not you can still be friends even if you still want her. If I get rejected I try to remain friends because at that point she will make great social proof.

lu_hawk
11-01-2005, 01:18 AM
You told her all your problems and sounded pathetic, therefore there is no chance she wants to do more than talk.

11-01-2005, 02:02 AM
In times like this, I used to watch Swingers.

MEbenhoe
11-01-2005, 02:05 AM
so tony i did you favor and asked a girl to interpret this situation for ya. her reply was that you should give her a call within the next few days and just feel her out, and that theres a good chance that telling you to call her in such a strong way means she might want you for a little more than just a friendly chat.

diebitter
11-01-2005, 02:17 AM
It's either a come-on, or she wants to reestablish the friendship. I certainly wouldn't take it as the first as the obvious interpretation, from the little you've said.

What was the convo about just before she said this?

jaydub
11-01-2005, 02:23 AM
if OP is making this post in the first place he has much bigger problems than just this one chick.

oh and it is almost always a throwaway comment about keeping in touch without further evidence. like how people say [censored] like it's been too long, we should get together.

nothumb
11-01-2005, 02:36 AM
Way ahead or way behind. Either this was a total motherly, you sound lost and need to talk to somebody kind of order, or a get over your self-pitying self and try to work up the urge to knock the dust out of my underutilized nether-regions kind of request. You be the judge.

NT

tonypaladino
11-01-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"You have my number, use it" is a lot more forceful than "Give me a call sometime if you feel like talking"...I think the way she phrased her statement is a pretty strong indication of her intentions.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I feel as well. The forcfullness combined with the tone of voice and the look she had all tell me she wants to do more than talk.

I don't know how pathetic I sounded really. I mostly talked about my school problems, which you all know already.

I'm gonna call her tomorrow.

TONY

tonypaladino
11-01-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if OP is making this post in the first place he has much bigger problems than just this one chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you basing that on?

MrTrik
11-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Give her a call. Don't think so hard. It's a phone call. Let what is to happen happen.

siccjay
11-01-2005, 07:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me just elaborate a little. I was once really good friends with her, and still am a little, and I don't want to [censored] that up. I may be in the minority, but a good friendship is more important to me than getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it's ok. You like her. Not wanting to ruin the friendship is an excuse for not making a move. Yes, you can even lie to yourself about this.

You have been away for awhile. Your sissiness has been reset. You may have another chance, but you don't have long. Call her and ask her to do somethin. Do something fun, not some lame ass dinner and a movie. Make a move.

It seems you think pretty highly of this girl, thats pretty rare. Don't [censored] it up.

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I may be in the minority, but a good friendship is more important to me than getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're both in this minority. Use the number. See what happens. Maybe it won't even be an issue. I've said before I'm a big fan of [censored]-buddies or "friends with benefits" or whatever you want to call it. Just try to keep both options open as long as possible. When it somes down to having to make a choice, it sounds like you already have.

Niwa
11-01-2005, 10:39 AM
just call her and ask.

M2d
11-01-2005, 11:26 AM
hot chick pic? sheesh

Clarkmeister
11-01-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not wanting to ruin the friendship is an excuse for not making a move.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obvious considering that there *is* no friendship.

siccjay
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not wanting to ruin the friendship is an excuse for not making a move.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obvious considering that there *is* no friendship.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. He said that he thought a good friendship was more important than getting laid. I think thats an excuse if he is into this girl (which he clearly is). You can never have a healthy friendship if you are attracted to her.