PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars gave me tourney creation permission!

Indiana
10-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Ok, who wants to play heads up? Today I was given the go to stage my own private matches. I'd like to play the best players here to improve my game. $20 would be a good price as its not about the money. Irie? ZeeJustin? strassa? Give me a shot to play the best.

Indy

lastsamurai
10-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Welcome back indy...i thought you were gone for good!

Indiana
10-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Nah,

I won't be held down. Thanks to all who fought for a worthy cause.

Indy

Freudian
10-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Perhaps all of us voted to have you banned. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

valenzuela
10-31-2005, 10:32 PM
I will challenge you!! You might want to make sure you beat me before going for bigger sharks

Indiana
10-31-2005, 10:33 PM
Valenzuela,

when and where? How's tomorrow night at say, 7pm ET?

L8tr,

Indy

valenzuela
10-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Ok were on! 7pm is fine by me. How do private HU matches work though?? Im only playing for 20 bux ( and for pride /images/graemlins/wink.gif)btw. Please send me a PM with all details.

Indiana
10-31-2005, 10:40 PM
PM on the way chamo. Vamos a tener u buen match! Te adivino que vas a fallar.

Indy

Indiana
10-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Match is set up under IndyMatch for me vs Valenzuela. After I crush him, I will accept the next challenge.

Indy

bluefeet
10-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Pencil me in for 9pm tomorrow evening.

Indiana
11-01-2005, 10:56 AM
bluefeet,

I would only like to play 1 match per night. Tues/Thurs/Sun are the days I get to play. 7ET Thursday night?

Indy

RoyalLance
11-01-2005, 11:13 AM
What's is the process like to get the privilege to run private tournies at Stars?

skipperbob
11-01-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bluefeet,

I would only like to play 1 match per night. Tues/Thurs/Sun are the days I get to play. 7ET Thursday night?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to play You on Thur. 11/3 @ 5:00PST

Indiana
11-01-2005, 11:20 AM
If you're a frequent player on the site, just email support@pokerstars.com.

Indy

Indiana
11-01-2005, 11:21 AM
5pm PST is 8pm ET right?

Indy

bluefeet
11-01-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's is the process like to get the privilege to run private tournies at Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just email PS support, telling them you'd like the privilege. It only took a day or two to get mine.

SB: You can feed Thursday
Indi: Give me Sunday night - one MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLION dullers!!

Ps. Not sure if you are aware of this, but you can create private tourneys no sooner than 1 hour in advance. Kind of a pain if you get a spontanious "play now?" request.

Indiana
Isnt this during the 2+2 heads up Trout match?

Indy

Hornacek
[ QUOTE ]
5pm PST is 8pm ET right?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

downtown
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I read having 600 FPPs is enough. It's not hard at all to get 600 FPPs.

valenzuela
11-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Im mentally prepared to PWN!!!!! In 210 minutes ,pride & 40 bux will be on the line.

11-01-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm curious. What's to prevent you from setting up a very low entry fee HU match (so that the rake is low) and than playing for whatever stakes you want? I know the amount in this case in trivial, but I wonder in general.

downtown
11-01-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious. What's to prevent you from setting up a very low entry fee HU match (so that the rake is low) and than playing for whatever stakes you want? I know the amount in this case in trivial, but I wonder in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust.

FlyWf
11-01-2005, 01:42 PM
You need 2000 FPPs, which is a bit harder than 600 but is still like what, 400 $10+1s?

Dr_Jeckyl_00
11-01-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I read having 600 FPPs is enough. It's not hard at all to get 600 FPPs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not have this ability yet (new to stars) but I thought they said I need 2000 points..?

Irieguy
11-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Just a quick comment on HU poker and stakes:

You can't really improve your HU game to any significant extent by playing for small stakes.

No matter how much you talk about pride, or "trying really hard" or any of that stuff... there's an enormous difference between calling your whole stack for $1000 and calling your whole stack for $20.

No matter what your bankroll is, $20 simply isn't that much money. What makes a great HU player great is that they can put their opponent to decisions for a lot of chips, and make tough calls for a lot of chips when the stakes really, really matter.

So if you want to play me or likely Strassa or Zee (I don't want to speak for them), it will have to be for enough money that it will hurt if you lose. Otherwise HU poker isn't very interesting, and not very difficult to keep close to a 50/50 proposition.

I play a lot of small stakes HU poker, and even the trout tourney from time to time because I like to learn how everybody tries to play HU. It helps me improve, and anybody can do the same thing.

But if you are going to start calling out people in posts on this forum, it's time to put some money up.

Irieguy

skipperbob
11-01-2005, 02:43 PM
So I'm down for thurs. night @ 5PM (PST) = 8PM(EST)
Yes, it the same time that Trout is happening; but I can multi-table /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Irieguy's point about the stakes being meaningful, while relevant, doesn't take into account that I only have $20 to my name...so I have to win the match /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MegaBet
11-01-2005, 02:44 PM
I consider myself one of the best HU players around today.

kyro
11-01-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I consider myself one of the best HU players around today.

[/ QUOTE ]

no [censored]?

Indiana
11-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Skipper,

You're on for Thurs night. Irie, your point is valid. Thing is, there's two problems with your argument. #1: It is stupid to call out guys in this post for big $ when I know that you guys are better than the average player. #2: I make more money (I would imagine) and have a larger bankroll to screw with than most online poker players so it aint fair for me to demand a ton of dough from a bunch of college students.

Dude, face it. You are a good player but no poker god yourself. I've watched you carefully at the 50s on stars and you make lots of donk plays. Bottom line, last time we played we got all the money in when I was a big favorite and you drew out.

What stakes do you wanna play me for dude?

Indy

Indiana
11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Megabet,

Would you take slot to play me Sunday afternoon? Say 5pm ET?

Indy

Jbrochu
11-01-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this goes down please let me know when because I would love to watch.

Indiana
11-01-2005, 03:02 PM
I just think that I could learn some things from putting myself to these challenges. I don't claim to be better than Irie but I don't think that he is a monster favorite over me either. I know that I can tend to talk too much trash so I'm sorry if I came across as a bragger. I just see challenging the very best as the best way to improve my game. I would love to play someone like Sklansky/Fossilman but I'm sure they wouldn't do it for low stakes.

Indy

MegaBet
11-01-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Megabet,

Would you take slot to play me Sunday afternoon? Say 5pm ET?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that could work. I'll show you some tricks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Yugoslavian
11-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Irie's point is that to get better you must play the high buyin HU matches against solid opponents. This doesn't maximize short term EV but in the long run it certainly could as you can learn how to beat a bigger and more profitable game.

Yugoslav

skipperbob
11-01-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irie's point is that to get better you must play the high buyin HU matches against solid opponents. This doesn't maximize short term EV but in the long run it certainly could as you can learn how to beat a bigger and more profitable game.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

ANY AMOUNT YOU CAN COUNT IN ANY GAME YOU CAN NAME /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif...You "F'ing" Bozo....We have already proven that you are scared of a HU match with the Dreaded Skipper /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Indiana
11-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Megabet is on for Sunday. Let me do these 3 matches and see how they go...then I will try to set up some more.

Indy

Irieguy
11-01-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Skipper,

You're on for Thurs night. Irie, your point is valid. Thing is, there's two problems with your argument. #1: It is stupid to call out guys in this post for big $ when I know that you guys are better than the average player. #2: I make more money (I would imagine) and have a larger bankroll to screw with than most online poker players so it aint fair for me to demand a ton of dough from a bunch of college students.

Dude, face it. You are a good player but no poker god yourself. I've watched you carefully at the 50s on stars and you make lots of donk plays. Bottom line, last time we played we got all the money in when I was a big favorite and you drew out.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Any stakes at all (minimum $500). But PM me instead of acting like a perpetual wanker. If I win, I won't tell anybody. If you win, you can post it all over town.

Irieguy

pooh74
11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Skipper,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Any stakes at all (minimum $500). But PM me instead of acting like a perpetual wanker. If I win, I won't tell anybody. If you win, you can post it all over town.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a sneaky way of letting us know when you win as we'll hear the crickets from Indy's account for three weeks...banning aside.

The Yugoslavian
11-01-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

ANY AMOUNT YOU CAN COUNT IN ANY GAME YOU CAN NAME /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif...You "F'ing" Bozo....We have already proven that you are scared of a HU match with the Dreaded Skipper /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not my fault you're asleep when I get back from work.

Stop being so old.

Yugoslav

citanul
11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Skipper,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez.

from reading the OP in this thread, i didn't think that the OP (like the two uses with two meanings?) intended this as a "calling out." i think he intended it purely as a fun thing to do that he thought would even be fun for high rollers and would help him learn. i doubt that zee or strassa do much playing low stakes for fun these days, but whatever, if they decide to, more power to em all.

the point is valid that playing for low stakes is not the same as playing for meaningful stakes, but at the same time, the stakes that are meaningful to different people are not the same. some people even find 20 bucks to be a worthwhile amount of money, but more accurately i think that while one person would feel comfortable playing say, up to an $x hu match, x might be lower than a trivial amount of money for someone else. not that this is all insightful or non-obvious, i just think it bears saying.

i think indy is trying to have some fun, have some silly hu matches, and get better. i think he can do all those things and even trash talk at the end if the players feel like doing that, in the way he's set this up.

c

Jbrochu
11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just think that I could learn some things from putting myself to these challenges. I don't claim to be better than Irie but I don't think that he is a monster favorite over me either. I know that I can tend to talk too much trash so I'm sorry if I came across as a bragger.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't suggesting Irie (or you) would be a big favorite, nor did I think you were coming across as a bragger. I just think this will be fun to watch, especially if it goes down for big $$$...

Indiana
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Citanul is dead on. I'm not really into playing heads up matches with the very best on this forum for more than a hundred dollars to be honest. If I'm going to play for more than that I have to feel that I'm a 60-40 favorite or better and I can't safely say that with players like Irie/Zee/Strassa. Further, winning a single heads up match, or even 5 in a row against any of these players does not upgrade my prior probabilities to prove anything.

Indy

valenzuela
11-01-2005, 06:26 PM
The thread is quite intresting, why does Irie care so much about stakes?? Im sure our 20 bux game will be lots and lots of fun( im kinda clueless at deep stack HU play but Im learning).
20 bux used to be a lot to me, now I have to play 50s HU matches to have that feeling.
Btw Im sure indy just randomly put 3 names he thought about, he didnt specificly mean you, strassa and the other duded.

valenzuela
11-01-2005, 06:51 PM
I just came up with a question that left me puzzled: Ok so lets suppose I play with Irie for 400 bux , play like a pussy and lose. Then we repeat that like 5 times until I finnally have the balls to beat Irie.
What do i win on the long run?? That skill is only useful on MTTs, because on normal games both players will be playing withtin their bankroll. In fact u might reply that I can learn to beat the bigger games, but I might as well learn to beat the bigger games with a better bankroll later on.

bones
11-01-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do i win on the long run??

[/ QUOTE ]

You develop a little bit of sack and get some experience. Nobody is claiming that 4 games or whatever will be a life changing experience.

As an aside, what is in it for Irie (or anyone else) to play you/Indy/me/Peter North for $20? If he puts a higher value on his time and doesn't feel it will be of any benefit to him, I don't see how anyone can knock him for not wanting to play.

At times, there is such an odd sense of entitlement on this board.

Supersetoy
11-01-2005, 07:24 PM
I'll play. $20?

I'm available 9 pm to 1 am-ish PST most nights.

valenzuela
11-01-2005, 07:44 PM
lol, I agree with you. Irie doenst have to play if he doesnt want to of course, but that doesnt mean 20 bux is nothing.

Indiana
11-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Victim #1 has fallen. Valenzuela played great, but Indy crushed him in 12 minutes. If he studies hard, he will get a rematch. Next up, skipperbob at 8pm ET Thurs. I will PM the details. Sunday afternoon its MegaBet.

Indy

valenzuela
11-01-2005, 08:18 PM
bah, i lost /images/graemlins/mad.gif.
75 vs 86 on a T74X5 flop, flush possibilty on the flop.
I remember check-calling throughout the hand until the river where I check-raised all-in, I think we both checked the turn.
That left me with 400 chips and I pushed a lot until I lost.

bluefeet
11-01-2005, 08:19 PM
dig back in the thread, u missed me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Indiana
11-01-2005, 08:20 PM
By the way, here is the major hand that did Valenzuela in:

PokerStars Game #2948815981: Tournament #14520544, Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2005/11/01 - 19:04:44 (ET)
Table '14520544 1' One on One Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Indyguy28 (1300 in chips)
Seat 2: d_maybe (1700 in chips)
Indyguy28: posts small blind 10
d_maybe: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Indyguy28 [8c 6c]
Indyguy28: raises 40 to 60
d_maybe: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [Td 5d 4d]
d_maybe: checks
Indyguy28: checks
*** TURN *** [Td 5d 4d] [Qs]
Indyguy28: bets 100
d_maybe: calls 100
*** RIVER *** [Td 5d 4d Qs] [7c]
Indyguy28: bets 200
d_maybe: raises 1340 to 1540 and is all-in
Indyguy28: calls 940 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
d_maybe: shows [7h 5c] (two pair, Sevens and Fives)
Indyguy28: shows [8c 6c] (a straight, Four to Eight)
Indyguy28 collected 2600 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2600 | Rake 0
Board [Td 5d 4d Qs 7c]
Seat 1: Indyguy28 (button) (small blind) showed [8c 6c] and won (2600) with a straight, Four to Eight
Seat 2: d_maybe (big blind) showed [7h 5c] and lost with two pair, Sevens and Fives

Thoughts?

Indy

MegaBet
11-01-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Victim #1 has fallen. Valenzuela played great, but Indy crushed him in 12 minutes. If he studies hard, he will get a rematch. Next up, skipperbob at 8pm ET Thurs. I will PM the details. Sunday afternoon its MegaBet.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, don't expect me to be a pushover. I want your A game so you don't have any excuses when you lose /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MegaBet
11-01-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but that doesnt mean 20 bux is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people on here think that $20 is the WORLD! Of course, naming no names. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Indiana
11-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Mega,

I like your style. I also like to talk some chit myself. But let's face it, you were the one making excuses last time I checked; complaining about how tired you were. That's why I wanna make it earlier British time.

Indy

Rduke55
11-01-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but that doesnt mean 20 bux is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people on here think that $20 is the WORLD! Of course, naming no names. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the principle of you welching. And you lying adds some to it.
And especially since $22 is nothing, why did't you pay me?

Indiana
11-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Currently, I've got skipperbob on the calendar for Thursday night at 8pm ET. I was planning on putting Mega on the chart but should I reconsider give that he has reneged on a bet? I truly do not want to show up for a heads up match and have him do a no-show or something silly like that.

Indy

Jbrochu
11-02-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was planning on putting Mega on the chart but should I reconsider give that he has reneged on a bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on what I've seen from Mega, you would be passing up on easy money... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I would like to get on your heads-up list. PM for any timeslot after 7 pm EST any night except for Monday's.

Indiana
11-02-2005, 02:37 PM
I will certaintly play you. I myself know Mega's game and it prolly wouldn't be a great challenge. I'm much more interested in skipper and would love to play Irie. Don't you find it funny that Irie is a regular $50 HU player on stars but he requires me to pay $500 to play him? I think he's afraid that I will talk lotsa chit if I win, but I won't. I know that a single match proves nothing.

Indy

Jbrochu
11-02-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure what Irie's regular games are, although I was under the impression that he multi-tabled Party $109's.

You sort of put the challenge to him in a public way (although I believe in a good natured manner) then suggested you probably have more $$$ than the average poster, so I don't blame Irie for naming a high price.

The Yugoslavian
11-02-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you find it funny that Irie is a regular $50 HU player on stars but he requires me to pay $500 to play him?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This isn't really correct unless you don't count the higher buyin HU STTs he plays.

[ QUOTE ]

I think he's afraid that I will talk lotsa chit if I win, but I won't. I know that a single match proves nothing.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither is this part.

Yugoslav

valenzuela
11-02-2005, 02:50 PM
I would like a rematch Indy( a rematch you offered btw) but once you play all your penidng matches of course.
Irie wins 8 dollar for every match he plays(this is a number i pulled out of nowehere)He feels the bet needs to be at least 500 dollars against you , to win at least 8 dollar.
What is wrong with that

Exitonly
11-02-2005, 03:07 PM
i'll play you, whenever you got the time.

Incase i miss it in this thread, if you schedule me in, PM me the time/date.

Anytime is fine for me.

MegaBet
11-02-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will certaintly play you. I myself know Mega's game and it prolly wouldn't be a great challenge. I'm much more interested in skipper and would love to play Irie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm a pushover...seriously. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3668127&page=&vc=1)

Notice where the "great" skipperbob finished.

It's ok, if you've had time to think and think it's a bad idea for you financially to play me, I'll just keep playing the other donks on Stars. I was going to show you some heads up tricks, but ah well. Fear is a strong emotion.

Indiana
11-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Mega,

I seriously want to play you, but you have to give me your word that you won't stand me up and do a no-show. I will assume that you still want a piece, or even the whole thing. I'll take you down Midieval stye. Valenzuela, you will get a rematch bro as I admire you as a player and I don't feel that a single loss proves anything.

Indy

citanul
11-02-2005, 05:11 PM
indy,

you will have to talk to mega through stars. he can't converse here now.

c

Indiana
11-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Well I guess that pretty much clears up Sunday for a new heads up match. I don't even remember his stars id.

Indy

Exitonly
11-02-2005, 05:17 PM
i'll take you on, on Suunday.

pick me~!

Indiana
11-02-2005, 05:19 PM
And if anybody thinks my HU matches are stupid, come show me up. At least I don't require people to pay 100K-500K to play me for promotional purposes. And yes, I am a loser who spends too much time on these forums. A loser with a big bankroll and a desire to develop his poker game. I'm too old to screw around with little girls or go clubbing, and besides, I'm a married guy with a real job and real responsibilities.

Indy

Indiana
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Exit,

I'd gladly play you. Didn't I beat you in that 2+2 HU trout match that I played a couple weeks ago? I remember that it only took like 5 min:) Seriously, let's do it.

Indy

Exitonly
11-02-2005, 05:24 PM
I duunno, i've won 2 of the last 3 HU trout i played in.

</shameless brag>

But seriously, i don't think i'm all that hot at heads up, but i'm up for some learnin'.

you have it created for Sunday already?

Indiana
11-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm referring to the match that Irie won by drawing me out. I remember you. I haven't set it up yet, as I am at work and don't have access. Let me finish Thurs match and I'll post Friday to set some up. A couple others here have asked before you so it could be next wk.

Indy

Indiana
11-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately, skipperbob had a conflict and we didnt get to play tonight. I assume that I will play MegaBet Sunday. I will set up next weeks schedule after the sunday match.

Indy

Indiana
11-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Megabet,

Can we play 12pm ET (noon) sunday? I want to stab at the stars $215 later.

Indy

citanul
11-04-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Megabet,

Can we play 12pm ET (noon) sunday? I want to stab at the stars $215 later.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

dude,

i banned megabet, i'm pretty sure. i'm tired and all, but i'm pretty sure i banned him. he will not be able to answer you in post form due to this.

if he still checks this message board (not that likely) then you might be able to communicate with him via like, esp or something, maybe smoke signals, if you have very good eyes or something, but i very much doubt it. otherwise it's like "what did the dumb guy say to his echo?" or something.

yeah

or something

citanul

Indiana
11-04-2005, 10:38 AM
But did you ban his new account? I think its NoVoteForCommodus.

Indy

durron597
11-04-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But did you ban his new account? I think its NoVoteForCommodus.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I banned that one.

Indiana
11-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Why man? Dam I wanted to take him down too. I already had a no-show and now this? And what gives with only 4 entries to the trout HU last night? I spoke with Mega and he still claims his innocence and that this guy is trying to milk him.

Indy

durron597
11-04-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why man? Dam I wanted to take him down too. I already had a no-show and now this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up deleting the thread, but he replied to a post by saying:

[ QUOTE ]
I called the number and it's a gay hotline. Explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even know it was MegaBet at the time, but that information will not inspire me to unban either account. If cit wants to unban the original account he can.

[ QUOTE ]
And what gives with only 4 entries to the trout HU last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

No clue

[ QUOTE ]
I spoke with Mega and he still claims his innocence and that this guy is trying to milk him.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Both citanul and I saw Rduke55's email account. I really don't think anyone would go through the trouble required to fake actual recieved emails from PokerStars for only $22.

Indiana
11-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Well, I have his email address so I'll just go that route.

Much respect for your decisions, at least you had reasons to ban him unlike that moderator over in OOT who just bans for personal taste.

Indy