PDA

View Full Version : Skill Difference Question between the $11 and the $22

xGoreDudex
10-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Just wondering if the jump is substantially noticable in skill between these two levels? and when do you know you are ready to move up, besides BR requirement of course.

Thanks,

G,

Freudian
10-31-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if the jump is substantially noticable in skill between these two levels? and when do you know you are ready to move up, besides BR requirement of course.

Thanks,

G,

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your definition of substantially. It is harder to reach a 20% ROI at the 22s. If I was to make a guess a 20% ROI at the 11s translates to perhaps 15% in the 22s.

SammyKid11
10-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Yawn.

The 22's are harder than the 11's. You'll certainly encounter more 2+2'ers at the 22's, and that means less total donkeys to bleed their chips to you. That said, 22's aren't much harder, IMO.

You know you're ready to move up if you a) have the bankroll, and b) are consistently beating the 11's over a decent sample (~1000 tourneys should be adequate to know). OR...you know you're ready to move up when you feel you're ready to move up. Worst thing that can happen is you get crushed for a little bit, those of us here make more money, and you move back down.

Indiana
10-31-2005, 10:26 PM
If you are talking about pokerstars, I think the $10 is much harder than $20 because of the college students down there trying to build the roll carefully. Go a little higher and you've got lots of guys with plenty of cash playing for kicks.

Indy

10-31-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Depends on your definition of substantially. It is harder to reach a 20% ROI at the 22s. If I was to make a guess a 20% ROI at the 11s translates to perhaps 15% in the 22s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say that's about right.

I made a big deal about moving up but really it's been dead easy. They are definitely harder but if your a solid 11s player you'll have no problems beating them for a good roi.

pergesu
10-31-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm playing the 22s now...so that's an extra few grand of dead money every month

mlagoo
10-31-2005, 11:44 PM
i don't think the difference is substantial.

the only real thing i noticed after moving up was that i was investing around $100/set, which is a bit disconcerting at first ($215 players, hush).

fisherman112
10-31-2005, 11:54 PM
this has been covered many times. try searching the archives.
it's a been a while since i played the 800 chip tournaments, but the only differences i seem to remember from moving from 11s to 22s or 22s to 33s were a decrease in the number of first blind level all ins, fewer horrendous calldowns/bluffs and more people who have some idea of how to play the bubble.

SuitedSixes
11-01-2005, 01:45 AM
One or two more people left when it gets to push/fold time. Bubble play is the #1 skill necessary to understand when moving up from the $11s.

Sixes has spoken. Thread over.

11-01-2005, 03:01 AM
I can only speak about Ultimate Bet but I have to say the $22s are almost identical to the $11s. The only noticable difference comes from the $5s to the $33s. Otherwise, it almost feels like the same pool of idiots.

Every once in a while I'll be playing $55s all day and wonder what the hell is going on. Even at that level, I encounter a bunch of ridiculous plays.

Give the $22s a try and I'm sure you'll figure out quickly if moving up is appropriate. Surely it will go fine.

Melchiades
11-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Wrong.

Ixnert
11-01-2005, 12:38 PM
They're harder, but not enough to worry about. If you have the bankroll, move up. Just be willing to move down if you find you're getting crushed and you'll be fine. Much more likely is that you'll just have slightly less success at the 20s, which will be more than made up for by the higher buyin (in terms of profit).

11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

G,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish - I have a little of 20% ROI at the 11s, but got crushed at the 22s for a nice negative ROI (around 300 sngs)They really don't seem any tougher, but I have no idea why I do so bad.

handsome
11-01-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

G,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish - I have a little of 20% ROI at the 11s, but got crushed at the 22s for a nice negative ROI (around 300 sngs)They really don't seem any tougher, but I have no idea why I do so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, same thing happened to me when I moved up to 2/4. I had crushed .5/1, 1/2, 1/2 6-max, but at 2/4 I'm down about 500bb over 30k hands. Now I only play SNG's /images/graemlins/blush.gif

puzzlemoney
11-01-2005, 02:10 PM
I recently made this leap, and while the 22s are harder, they're more predictable.

You won't get as many people calling all-ins with KTo on the first hand, but you're also less likely to see somebody stand a small raise with Q8s (they're still there, though--just not as many).

I had to jump back down to the 11s for one night a couple weeks ago when Party was having server trouble, and it took a few minutes to readjust to the anarchy. It's profitable anarchy, of course, but it adds to your variance.

I moved up when my bankroll was ready and haven't found it to be anything close to a quantum leap as far as opponents' skill level.

Jbrochu
11-01-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are talking about pokerstars, I think the $10 is much harder than $20 because of the college students down there trying to build the roll carefully. Go a little higher and you've got lots of guys with plenty of cash playing for kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way are the $10's tougher than the $20's on Stars.

11-01-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so close to my situation it's scary. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

zambonidrivr
11-01-2005, 02:24 PM
if you are an effective push bot, you will build the roll to play $30's in no time.