PDA

View Full Version : Will this work?

10-31-2005, 09:59 PM
K. Im an experienced nl ring player, but Im new to bonuses, and I need them because of a shortened br. Im at paradise, clearing $40 more bonus dollars and my br is around $235.

It's moving too slow at 25nl, so I was thinking... why dont I just pop 75 into 3 100nl full ring games and just nutpeddle.

That way, almost every hand counts, and I'll clear in no time, plus I'll only play premium hands.

My only concern is that I might end up losing money, as blinds eat me up, since with my shortie br, I wont be playing every hand I normall would.

What do yall think?

Niediam
10-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Ed Miller covers this stratigy in Getting Started in Hold'em.

10-31-2005, 10:09 PM
oh, is that the small stack system?

Im only asking this in the realm of clearing a bonus, not playing strategy in general.

Nick-Zack
11-01-2005, 12:04 AM
There is a huge chance that you will get broke way before you get the bonus cleared.

boose_bagina
11-01-2005, 12:13 AM
You should be ok. Just don't fall out of line and start playing anything but the premiums. I used to do this and had to remind myself often that I'm more in it for the bonus then I am for whats in the pot.

Just play mindless, nutpeddling poker and you should be ok.

11-01-2005, 12:15 AM
yeah, I mean, 100nl is my usual play. And I can play mindless.

Let's see what happens!

Nick-Zack
11-01-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should be ok. Just don't fall out of line and start playing anything but the premiums. I used to do this and had to remind myself often that I'm more in it for the bonus then I am for whats in the pot.

Just play mindless, nutpeddling poker and you should be ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a good thing that when you play mindless, nutpeddling poker and get your entire bankroll in with AA preflop - that you win everytime. Good luck with this strategy.

NZ

uaw420rook
11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
There is a good chance you could go broke. There is also a chance you could run good and triple up. Its poker and its a game of chance. If you arent willing to take risks, why even play.

People_Mover
11-01-2005, 05:31 PM
managing your bankroll is a big part of success or failure in poker.