PDA

View Full Version : A real hand for Tommy

Duke
06-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Commerce 30-60... couple very good players, and a few very bad players, and then there was me.

One limper in MP, CO who is posting raises, and I call with 33, because I think I have the best hand right now. Suits won't matter. The other 3 people with money already out there also call.

Flop 952 with 2 spades. Checked around. Turn is a 4r. Now I have a hand! Checked to me, and I bet. They all call.

River is the ten of stars. Checked to me, and I table my 33.

Muck, muck, muck, muck. I win.

Anyone see a value bet here?

~D

Clarkmeister
06-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Yes

bad beetz
06-13-2003, 04:05 PM
I think you have to bet the flop and the turn. They very likely have no piece of that flop and you're as vulnerable as can be. The river bet doubles as a value bet and a bluff.

Josh W
06-13-2003, 05:29 PM
With only a 90% chance I'm wrong, I thought the flop went like...

Cutoff bet, you raised, two or three cold called, and the cutoff called. On the turn, you bet, everybody called, and a few who previously mucked threw out 6 chips to call, also.

If (and this is a big IF) this is how it went, I'd be a lot less likely to bet the river, as hands like 98, A5 etc are out there.

That's just his fella's thoughts, tho.

Josh

Duke
06-13-2003, 07:58 PM
You're probably right. I was starting to get a bit tired.

I asked that other tall white guy what he thought of the play, and he said he missed it. All he said he saw was me flipping up 33, and 4 people mucking.

~D

bad beetz
06-13-2003, 08:48 PM
[i]Our fellow 2+2'er Dan S introduced me yesterday to the shizzolator. I have shizzolated your post with www.asksnoop.com (http://www.asksnoop.com) for your enjoyment:[i]

Commerce 30-60... couple hella gravy players, 'n a few hella bad players, 'n then there wuz me n' [censored].

One limper in MP, CO who is posting raises, 'n I call wit 33, because I think I has da best hand right now, know what I'm sayin'? Suits won't matter n' [censored]. The other 3 muthas wit paper already out there also call."

Flop 952 wit 2 spades." Checked around." Turn is a 4r, know what I'm sayin'? Now I has a hand! Checked me, 'n I bet, know what I'm sayin'? They izzall call, know what I'm sayin'?

River is da ten of stars." Checked me, 'n I table my 33.

Muck, muck, muck, muck n' [censored]. I win n' [censored].

Anyone see a value bet here?

Your Mom
06-13-2003, 11:53 PM
is a star a diamond?

mike l.
06-14-2003, 04:21 AM
"couple very good players, and a few very bad players, and then there was me."

the stone cold expert!

"River is the ten of stars."

anyone else agree that ever since they added that new "stars" suit the games have been juicier?

"Anyone see a value bet here?"

yeah on the flop. it's called the value of not letting them catch up w/ overcards.

Tommy Angelo
06-14-2003, 11:33 AM
"River is the ten of stars."

"anyone else agree that ever since they added that new "stars" suit the games have been juicier?"
-----------

I was thinking spacier, but it all adds up the same.

Tommy