PDA

View Full Version : Definition of Nut Peddling

DRKEVDC
10-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Could you guys help me out with the definition of nut peddling. I see this referenced all time and have no idea what it means. I assume that it means playing tight. Also is it considered a bad thing?

Thanks.

ipp147
10-31-2005, 06:36 PM
nut peddling basically means sitting back and playing tight and then putting in money post flop with the nuts.

At the lower levels it will win you money. I would say upto $100 PL Omaha at least.

At higher limits people will note that you are a nut peddler and you will make no money from your strong hands and you will get pushed out of pots when you are out of position etc.

DRKEVDC
10-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Nut flush draws, wrap draws, and sets are all things that I will play aggressively, is that considered nut peddling?

joewatch
11-01-2005, 01:49 AM
It ain't the nuts if you have a draw! So no...

stigmata
11-01-2005, 05:57 AM
So a "true nut-peddler" is very rarely betting on the come? Do you see these types at the mid-limits?

DRKEVDC
11-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Man now that I know I wish I was nut peddling last night -80BBs /images/graemlins/frown.gif all on draws that just didn't come in.

thekiller
11-13-2005, 06:41 PM
dont bet draws then.

Filip
11-14-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man now that I know I wish I was nut peddling last night -80BBs /images/graemlins/frown.gif all on draws that just didn't come in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope u forgot a zero and mean -800BBs otherwise......

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DRKEVDC
11-14-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dont bet draws then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will assume that you are not serious, however, are there you out there that won't bet draws? I would think that just nut peddling would:

A: be incredibly boring
B: After 2-3 orbits you would be so easy to read that, as a poster said earlier, you couldn't make any money

If 3-4 players are in in front of me and I have a wrap/nut flush draw, aren't I gettting the odds to take a card even with a pot bet?

11-17-2005, 05:01 PM
I always start with nut-peddling. When the table has figured me out I start stealing pots in position.

They'll fold anything except the nuts.

After about 3 or 4 steals they'll start calling again. So then it's back to nut-peddling. And then the Circle of Omaha continues.

At the lower limits this works like a charme. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif