PDA

View Full Version : why is aceten mad at me?

03-17-2002, 09:40 AM
all i did was add a fact to the discussion of the child killer mom, namely that she was on a bunch of mild altering medication.

thats it. that and the fact that a lot of these types of things involve these mind altering chemicals.

personally i think you need the death penalty for that, sure.

but the bigger picture is all these people running around nutty as a fruitcake because some doctor figured hed just throw powerful drugs at them and see what happened.

so why does that make me a jerk?

brad

03-17-2002, 09:56 AM

03-17-2002, 01:17 PM
It's pretty simple. It was the lack of medication that caused problems for this woman.

03-17-2002, 05:26 PM
uh, that was *my* point.

i made the point was that her medical care was botched. i was the guy who posted links establishing facts i remembered hearing about her mis-medication.

are you guys just playing with me here?

brad

03-17-2002, 05:52 PM
well, now that i think about it i guess youre being facetious or ironic or whatever in your post.

but the fact is that these drugs have *known* side effects including suicidal/homicidal thoughts/behavior, and that anywhere from a lot to every single one of these modern day 'i cant believe it thats so horrible' modern killers has been on these mind altering substances.

i mean, death penalty, sure, but i think the underlying pharmacy needs to be addressed.

the fact is doctors (and sometimes not even doctors) are giving out medication with known side effects like 'you may experience suicidal/homicidal thoughts/behaviors'.

agree or disagree with the above?

brad

03-17-2002, 06:53 PM
and the fact is that some people are just plain evil. Blame it on drugs, blame it on an abusive childhood, blame it on everyone and everything.

Doesnt bring back five little angels that took forever to die...thrashing and pleading for mercy from a heartless monster they called "mom".

03-17-2002, 07:12 PM
gee wiz, i said i hope she gets the death penalty.

the question is, how many of these crazy killers does it take before somebody say, hey, guess what, these people were taking medication with *known side effects* of suicidal/homicidal thoughts/acts.

do you even read my posts?

brad

03-17-2002, 10:44 PM
Brad,

I do not wish the death penalty on anyone. I think sitting in prison for the rest of one's life without any chance of parole is a fate far worse than an early, quick and painless death.

03-18-2002, 03:54 AM
Here is you quote:"but the bigger picture is all these people running around nutty as a fruitcake because some doctor figured hed just throw powerful drugs at them and see what happened.

so why does that make me a jerk?"

Maybe you need medication?

03-18-2002, 05:07 AM
do you dispute anything ive said?

03-18-2002, 02:44 PM
Brad I suggest you don't even bother arguing with most of these people. They have come to conclusions based on preconceived notions of "liberal vs. conservative" and don't wish to engage in anything other than name calling.

On the other hand, you have to realize that Psychiatric drugs, particularly the anti-psychotics overall make schizophrenics and others suffering from psychosis LESS VIOLENT rather than more VIOLENT. While it may be true that anti psychotics in some rare instances may make the patient more violent, these cases are rare and far and away in the minority. However, since it is possible for such things to occur, it's important for the physician to be extremely vigilant when prescribing these types of drugs.

03-18-2002, 08:59 PM
well,

1) no one responds to my 20/40 he posts

and

2) youre right but you know that these drugs are way overprescribed; kind of the housewife valium of the 90s 00s.

brad

03-19-2002, 09:57 AM
damn brad...where do you live? Stepford, USA or what?

Most drugs prescribed for psychosis are prescribed to men, for your information. So maybe you statements should not be so sexist, backwards, left wing, non-sensical and based on absolutely nothing but a biased and warped way of thinking.

03-19-2002, 04:09 PM
'So maybe you statements should not be so sexist, backwards, left wing, non-sensical '

im detecting a pattern here. sometimes im left wing, sometimes right wing, but always non-sensical.

of course men are way at both ends of spectrum and so any nut is like 10 times at least more likely to be a man.

i was just referencing that in the 50s or 60s valium was way overprescribed, the stereotype being the housewife who gets it for no reason.

start a thread about something we can argue about by adding information that each other probably doesnt know about.

brad

'i love life, not because im used to living, but because im used to loving.' -

03-20-2002, 07:34 AM
You are just an idiot.

03-20-2002, 06:55 PM
care to provide some links?

brad