PDA

View Full Version : Indiana has been banned. If you care, vote in OOT

TheNoodleMan
10-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Indiana, a frequent poster here in STT, has been banned for something in OOT.
The OOT Mod [censored] has a poll up asking if he should unban him.
OOT is ruthless, and Indiana is likely to stay banned if the vote is primarily the OOT crowd. If you have enjoyed Indiana's posts, you should vote (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3824166&page=0&vc=1) on his bahlf.
I just thought that some of you might like to know about this since this is where he posts the most.

Big Limpin'
10-31-2005, 05:45 PM
This ban, is it just OOT, or all of 2+2?
I think he was a sharp poster here.

splashpot
10-31-2005, 05:46 PM
What was he banned for?

TheNoodleMan
10-31-2005, 05:48 PM
all of 2+2.
That's why I posted it here. If there is going to be a poll on his fate, his home forum ought to know about it.

bawcerelli
10-31-2005, 05:48 PM
i think he's a dumb [censored] and i hope he stays banned. that's right i said it batch.

citanul
10-31-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think he's a dumb [censored] and i hope he stays banned. that's right i said it batch.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is your one and only warning not to personally insult other posters.

c

pergesu
wtf did he say/do?

TheNoodleMan
[ QUOTE ]
What was he banned for?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know, but it can't have been too serious if the Mod who banned him is willing to reconsider it.

kevkev60614
10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I. He's losing by a bunch, btw.

pooh74
10-31-2005, 06:05 PM
FWIW, I wasn't crazy about the guy...don't know what he did, but banning a username is pretty silly...voted to unban. It gets pretty childish in these forums sometimes.

TheNoodleMan
10-31-2005, 06:09 PM
as far as I can tell this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3794298&page=0&fpart=all &vc=1) is the thread that got him banned. I'm not positive about that, but it is his last OOT thread.

Freudian
10-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Anyone who is posting in OOT by free will has something wrong with them. The density of moronity in that subforum threatens to collapse the universe.

But I think he posts ok stuff here and shouldn't be banned from 2+2.

10-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Just a thought, but why is it such a big deal that he gets reinstated? My first account fell victim to a random and inappropriate banning by [censored], and it seems to be an obvious solution to just create a new account, unless you are married to your post count. That said, go vote for reinstatement.

10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Ok, let me say much appreciation to the : Much hoosier love my brother. I know Indy personally and I can say that he was wrongfully banned. He actually turned me on to this site. That said, he's an eccentric guy with some minor issues and he's also a WSOP bracelet winner and a GD heads up freakin genius. He outplayed IrieGuy (prolly the best HU on the net) just last week in the 2+2 HU challenge. He's an all around nice guy, but I have to say that because I'm his neighbor.

MDLP

Eric Draven
10-31-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

46/5/49 isn't THAT bad...

10-31-2005, 06:20 PM
By the way, his home forum was 1 table SNGs. And he was banned from there for a silly thread over here. I asked [censored] to reinstate him but he is unwilling.

MDLP

TheNoodleMan
10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

46/5/49 isn't THAT bad...

[/ QUOTE ]
it was like 10/2/35 or something when I started this thread. It has become a lot closer since due to the STT vote.

Hendricks433
10-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Stop acting like your his friend. Their pissed that you keep making accounts trying to promote Indiana as a good guy and trying to get him unbanned. PM Censored and talk to him. Man Up.

davehwm
10-31-2005, 07:00 PM
The statistician in me tells me that that is one hell of a biased poll.

skipperbob
10-31-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought, but why is it such a big deal that he gets reinstated? My first account fell victim to a random and inappropriate banning by [censored], and it seems to be an obvious solution to just create a new account, unless you are married to your post count. That said, go vote for reinstatement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this "Tree of Wisdom"? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TheNoodleMan
10-31-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
did TOW get banned? I guess I just assumed he went broke and quit posting.

MegaBet
10-31-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, let me say much appreciation to the : Much hoosier love my brother. I know Indy personally and I can say that he was wrongfully banned. He actually turned me on to this site. That said, he's an eccentric guy with some minor issues and he's also a WSOP bracelet winner and a GD heads up freakin genius. He outplayed IrieGuy (prolly the best HU on the net) just last week in the 2+2 HU challenge. He's an all around nice guy, but I have to say that because I'm his neighbor.

MDLP

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this post made up my decision very easily...

10-31-2005, 07:25 PM
hes a bracelet winner? varkonyi......? he just needs to stay out of OOT, and he spends all day on 2+2, and the kids all hate him in there, if he gets banned, his own fault for still posting where everybody including the mods hate him

TomHimself
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WSOP bracelet winner

[/ QUOTE ] ??? what year, and event? thks

MegaBet
10-31-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WSOP bracelet winner

[/ QUOTE ] ??? what year, and event? thks

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you don't really believe him do you??

Voltron87
10-31-2005, 08:36 PM
he is only banned from OOT. he is not technically banned right now but if he posts in OOT again he will be banned banned. he still can post in the strategy forums right now.

skipperbob
10-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Couldn't find the Poll /images/graemlins/frown.gif

10-31-2005, 08:46 PM
just another case of the man trying to keep ya down

pooh74
10-31-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...priceless

good memory for an old dude...

Indiana
10-31-2005, 10:36 PM
I could create another account, but how do I mask the IP address? Indy knows poker, not computers.

Indy

valenzuela
10-31-2005, 10:42 PM
Indy is ahead on the poll( once again sng pwns ooters, bwhahaha)

bawcerelli
10-31-2005, 10:43 PM
anonymous proxy?? pretty simple stuff, you never can really be banned from here. there are free ones, and if that seemed like a bad idea use neighbor's unencrypted wireless router. no, you couldn't really ever be banned from this place.

pooh74
10-31-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could create another account, but how do I mask the IP address? Indy knows poker, not computers.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

roam from internet cafe to internet cafe, throw in an occasional library...takes a lot of travel, but its worth it just to post in OOT...blah

11-01-2005, 01:15 AM
FWIW, and based on my sometimes not-so-great-memory:

When you log on your ISP assigns you a number. They keep a record of who, when, etc., for info to catch perps and pervs. The numbers used to be random, so when you logged off your number went back into the "pool."

If you have DSL and an ISP but never turn off your computer, your number stays the same. If you shut down and then power up again, you get a new number.

If you have a direct line (T100?) your number never changes, ever.

There are a few places on the net where you can verify your ID number. I think the sites offering Firewalls offer to check your system and in the process they show you your number as part of their pitch. If you want to check into your number(s), you might visit a couple of these at different times for verification.

Hope this helped.

pergesu
11-01-2005, 01:26 AM
www.whatismyip.com (http://www.whatismyip.com)

microbet
11-01-2005, 01:29 AM
You could google "IP spoofing" or "anonymous web surfing."

Don't do anything bad with this knowledge anyone.

gumpzilla
11-01-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who is posting in OOT by free will has something wrong with them. The density of moronity in that subforum threatens to collapse the universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

While there is a lot of that, there's also a fair amount of entertaining stuff from a lot of the more enjoyable posters here. The ring game forums (maybe not small stakes) tend to actually use OOT and the like as their off-topic forums, whereas here nobody bothers.

I haven't been reading STT as much recently, so I haven't really seen any Indiana posts here, but based on his OOT content and [censored]'s recent stand, I'm not surprised at all that he's up for banning.

11-01-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
www.whatismyip.com (http://www.whatismyip.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

And now it's easier/faster than ever. ty

btw, how was my memory? I'm asking because you seem a lot more current than me.

pergesu
11-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Depends on what kind of connection you have. Dial-up your IP address is going to change pretty much every time you connect. Your ISP has a pool of IP addresses that, in general, get randomly assigned. Cable connections are leased (not in a payment sense, but in a technical sense), so you'll have your IP address for a certain period of time (days/weeks/months) before it gets released and you're assigned a new one. My cable provider generally just renews my IP, so it hasn't changed in the past 6 months or so. This is all behind the scenes stuff that you don't even have to think about really.

If your IP is banned, getting to 2+2 is as simple as using a proxy, or anonymizer in cool-speak. This place is so big there's nothing they could really do to stop that unless they have a huge grudge against the offender. Considering that [censored] reconsidered the ban in the first place, that grudge almost certainly isn't there. Looks like Indy got back anyway so it's all moot.

11-01-2005, 02:09 AM
again, ty