PDA

View Full Version : is this sane???

10-31-2005, 05:33 PM
15 30 blinds i have around 2000 and folded around to me in CO+1, I limp w/ QJs then CO mini raises to 60 the bb and I call? No real reads yet, bb has a stack and is prob calling w/ [censored] (but it doesn't matter).

Flop: TJQ rainbow

I bet 150 into raiser and he mini-raises me, he has about 1000 left and i have about 1800. Do I flat call and wait for turn to make a move, reraise all in or something else like raise smaller, fold, whatever...

handsome
10-31-2005, 05:36 PM
What buyin? Up to 55's I push for value.

10-31-2005, 05:40 PM
10+1, what kinda hand range do you put him on???

My first thought was: TT+,AK,AQ,JT,QT,QJ with KK and AA being way up there ( i think thats a positive EV, based on the looks of it but i'm not 100% sure )

And you think opening QJs is justified at this stage in tournament and this situation??? Or should I just pass and wait for better premium hands sine theres not many players in?

pindawg
10-31-2005, 05:48 PM
I would have checked the flop. On the flop you're ahead of some hands:
K10, KJ, KQ, AQ, KK, AA
but, it gets tricky because of position. None of these hands are going to fold to your bet, and most will likely raise if you do bet. Check/calling the flop allows you to ditch cheaply if a 9, K or A comes on the turn.

Considering you did bet, he showed some strength and because of the stack sizes, just reraise allin on the flop and hope your hand holds up if you're called, or that you spiike a boat if he flopped the joint.

10-31-2005, 07:07 PM
What about a T on the turn? (thats what actually came)

FlyWf
10-31-2005, 07:19 PM
That hurts you bad, too. Now AA, KK, QT, KT, JT, and T9 are all beating you. You're running out of hands that are strong enough to call your bets/bet at you that you beat.

10-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Yea, well i was screwed either way. I ended up going all in he had TT and quaded up on the turn. I woulda check folded cuz i thought he had KK or AA if i only called. But who bets quads here? Then the river is a queen and i woulda lost all my chips anyway. But it was kinda depressing to see me improve when i was already dead. I was just wondering if a push had +EV on the flop and most of you think it did so i think i made the right play