PDA

View Full Version : How should I handle this

[censored]
10-31-2005, 05:10 PM
I banned Indiana at 1:56PM on 10/27/05.

At 2:17 10/27/05 MastaDeLePoque starts posting.

MastaDeLePoque PM's me asking to unban his friend Indiana. I look them both up and they have identical IP's. MasterDeLePoque again claims he is not Indiana.

Many times when a user contacts me himself I go ahead and unban him and instead work out an exile. However in all prior cases the user was upfront about who he is.

BoogerFace
10-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Why not post a poll and let OOT decide?

I'll leave the Indy bashing to others.

stabn
10-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Tell him indiana has to contact him. Wait a day. Ban the second account. When you are contacted by indiana admitting he is indiana tell him you will unban him in three more days to one more week.

DMBFan23
10-31-2005, 05:16 PM
could be a roommate?

would a dual exile work? I mean that might not be fair to his roommate if in fact that's the situation but hey if he's tight with Indiana then it was gonna happen eventually.

HopeydaFish
10-31-2005, 05:16 PM
I never had a problem with Indiana, so I don't really care if he comes back or not.

That being said, I think you should go with your gut on this one.

Vavavoom
10-31-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell him indiana has to contact him. Wait a day. Ban the second account. When you are contacted by indiana admitting he is indiana tell him you will unban him in three more days to one more week.

[/ QUOTE ]

This won't work now....U should have PM'd this message...

Why is INDY banned ??

LBJ
I agree. We should let OOT decide.

jackdaniels
Since you asked:

Unban Indiana, ask him to be upfront in the future and ignore any claims he may make to the contrary (he is just saving face now, knowing he got caught). If he does it again, well, you know what to do.

Indiana is a productive member of this forum, if I were in your shoes I would cut him some slack and let him post again.

[censored]
10-31-2005, 05:20 PM

trying2learn
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
the odds of it being a roommate are SO slim. i thought he was a troll from time to time, but he wasn't in a league with manybeers or anything.

at the end of the day however, i can't stand people who continue to avoid telling or evade the truth. if you have a strong feeling it's him, and he continues to tell you he isn't...tough to side with an unbanning.

sfer
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
The Daver thinks that banning people who like Indiana is a good idea.

sfer
10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is INDY banned ??

[/ QUOTE ]

For being himself.

Bluffoon
10-31-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes a lot of sense.

Soul Daddy
10-31-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
could be a roommate?

[/ QUOTE ]
The dude is married and has a MILLION DOLLAR HOME! He doesn't have a roommate.

BoogerFace
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stabn
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is INDY banned ??

[/ QUOTE ]

For being himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Also, rofl @thedaver.

TheNoodleMan
10-31-2005, 05:26 PM
While creating a second account seems bad, it might have been the only way he could think of to contact you. Your profile doesn't have an email address, and once you ban him he can't PM you to ask for a second chance.
I think it is possible that he would have emailed you if you had one listed.
Personally, I have enjoyed some of Indiana's posts other areas of 2+2 and I think it would be a shame for him to be banned. I like your method of working out an exile, bannishment just leads to new accounts.

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Poster formerly known as IndieMatty thinks that banning people who like Indiana is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's scared to talk to strippers.

[censored]
10-31-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While creating a second account seems bad, it might have been the only way he could think of to contact you. Your profile doesn't have an email address, and once you ban him he can't PM you to ask for a second chance.
Personally, I have enjoyed some of Indiana's posts other areas of 2+2 and I think it would be a shame for him to be banned. I like your method of working out an exile, bannishment just leads to new accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Creating the second account and PMing isnt the issue. I get that all the time. But I don't expect someone to try and trick me into unbanning him.

Soul Daddy
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's scared to talk to strippers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he's not a cool guy. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showprofile.php?Cat=0&User=45513&what=search&Searc hpage=1&topic=) Or is he?

trying2learn
10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
he asks about his banning in that thread too...he should have just started being MasterDeLaWhatever and left it alone.

responding as someone else in that thread, and asking [censored] to unban his, "friend" is grounds for permanent banning in my opinion.

then he can create yet another account, and hopefully learn from his mistakes.

B Dids
10-31-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Didser thinks that banning people who like Indiana is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Benal
10-31-2005, 05:42 PM
"Friend" my a$$. I don't like being lied to. I'd ban him.

bawcerelli
10-31-2005, 05:50 PM
he's a [censored] loser. leave his punk ass banned.

Hendricks433
10-31-2005, 05:54 PM
He doesnt have a "roomate" he said in another post that hes married. So I assume its him and his wife and kids if they have em. What did he do that you banned him for?

mosuavea
10-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Maybe its the Russian skank from next door

Eric Draven
10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is INDY banned ??

[/ QUOTE ]

For being himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Also, rofl @thedaver.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was he doing being himself? I don't care too much, really depends on what exactly he did...

sublime
10-31-2005, 06:19 PM
the more bannings the better

Homer
10-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Why doesn't he just post as MastaWhatever? Are people really that attached to their forum name?

pokerdirty
10-31-2005, 06:20 PM
we miss you in the sports forum sublime /images/graemlins/heart.gif

sublime
10-31-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't he just post as MastaWhatever? Are people really that attached to their forum name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when your not liked under your old name.

runner4life7
10-31-2005, 06:21 PM
All this bitching about him and no one has said what he did? Until I see what he did that put sticks up all your asses I dont know why we are banning him. He has made good posts in STT that I think are worth keeping him. I know I'm not supposed to talk about poker here but that is why some people are on 2+2 and you are hurting them.

NLSoldier
10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vavavoom
10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreed with this !

sublime
10-31-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont miss any of you

WackityWhiz
10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
I say give him another chance... if he gets on your nerves again, ban his IP.

CardSharpCook
10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
I thought that the Russian wife thread was a classic. I'd have voted to unban him, but then he lied. Ban all liars. Chuddo too.

sublime
10-31-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that the Russian wife thread was a classic. I'd have voted to unban him, but then he lied. Ban all liars. Chuddo too.

[/ QUOTE ]

chuddo is a liar?

NLSoldier
10-31-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chuddo is a liar?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

stabn
10-31-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All this bitching about him and no one has said what he did? Until I see what he did that put sticks up all your asses I dont know why we are banning him. He has made good posts in STT that I think are worth keeping him. I know I'm not supposed to talk about poker here but that is why some people are on 2+2 and you are hurting them.

[/ QUOTE ]

No we aren't although you managed to accidentally bump into a good idea here.

[censored] lets just perma ban indy from oot and go ahead and unban his real account as soon as he admits the second account is his. He can't handle himself here in OOT but if he is making valuable contributions go the gimmick account (STT) forum they are more than welcome to keep him.

[censored]
10-31-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No we aren't although you managed to accidentally bump into a good idea here.

[censored] lets just perma ban indy from oot and go ahead and unban his real account as soon as he admits the second account is his. He can't handle himself here in OOT but if he is making valuable contributions go the gimmick account (STT) forum they are more than welcome to keep him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically this is whats going to happen. He will be free to post in non OOT forums as will the other account. All of his accounts are exiled from OOT and if this broken either by those accounts or future accounts all will again be banned.

pokerdirty
10-31-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont miss any of you

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? /images/graemlins/heart.gif

bwana devil
10-31-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How should I handle this

[/ QUOTE ]

how about by not making a spectacle of yourself and the way you mod.

bwana

B Dids
10-31-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How should I handle this

[/ QUOTE ]

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

You kinda don't get this whole thing, do you?

bwana devil
10-31-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How should I handle this

[/ QUOTE ]

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

You kinda don't get this whole thing, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. not one bit.

Voltron87
10-31-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont miss any of you

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10-31-2005, 08:55 PM
I don't think his lying should have anything to do with anything. As far as I'm concerned, he's a respected poster in STT, and I don't really care what he posted about in OOT.

stabn
10-31-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think his lying should have anything to do with anything. As far as I'm concerned, he's a respected poster in STT, and I don't really care what he posted about in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then please say in STT.

ChipWrecked
10-31-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The dude is married and has a MILLION DOLLAR HOME!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that means something in Indy. In California, it means dick.

Soul Daddy
10-31-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The dude is married and has a MILLION DOLLAR HOME!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that means something in Indy. In California, it means dick.

[/ QUOTE ]
You realize I'm clowning him, right?