PDA

View Full Version : 2/5 live NL

Eric P
10-31-2005, 04:48 PM
I observed this hand last night, that my brother was playing, we weren't sure what was the right move but he had just sat down. His stack is about 300 and he is covered by the villan

Hero is UTG and dealt Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif calls (7 handed game). four limpers see the flop.

T /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero bets 30, 1 fold, Raise to 130, folded back to Hero. Hero thinks for a long time , he has 265 left, and it's 100 to call. What is the play?

ThaHero
10-31-2005, 04:56 PM
I think I'd call and see what he does on turn. Only hand I could see not raising preflop is TT or 89. But even then you have a decent redraw to a higher full house, or redraw to tie the board straight. I think AK raises preflop, and I think AQ may raise as well. 10J isn't out of the range of hands either, or KQ. I don't think I'd be mad at a push in this situation either.

10-31-2005, 05:05 PM
Push. Preflop AK would have raised most likely... and thats the only hand you really have to worry about. Top 2 is big with 4 outs to the ultimate nuts.

89... eh... could happen. But even still - hero has outs.

Percula
10-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Push the only hands that are beating you are likely to have RR PF. AK and TT from a weak/tight player will get a flat call and you have decent redraws to the boat if that is the case.

10-31-2005, 05:31 PM
I would push. Like other posters said you have outs to the boat. Hero is probably not looking at A-K because there was no pre-flop raise. If he's looking at K-9 he has to hope for the draw out. Depending on the villian, he might get 8-9 to fold by pushing. (But I wouldn't bank on that at the Trump /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

GL

Proofrock
10-31-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I observed this hand last night, that my brother was playing, we weren't sure what was the right move but he had just sat down. His stack is about 300 and he is covered by the villan

Hero is UTG and dealt Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif calls (7 handed game). four limpers see the flop.

T /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero bets 30, 1 fold, Raise to 130, folded back to Hero. Hero thinks for a long time , he has 265 left, and it's 100 to call. What is the play?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't like pushing here, i fold.

You're ahead of Q10, J10, and KQ (but just barely ahead of KQ). You're behind AK, K9, 89, 10-10, JJ, QQ. I don't see any other likely holding here.

You can't discount AK just because there was no preflop raise -- it's not terribly uncommon to see AK limp, even with a bunch of limpers.

If it was a set, then it'd be an easy push. Top two on that board i dump.

Ed S.
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm curious as to what happened?

Ed S.