PDA

View Full Version : Poker Joke

istewart
10-31-2005, 02:56 PM
What happened to Hellmuth after Paul Darden knocked him out of the Main Event?

White: <font color="white"> He suffered from postDarden depression. </font>

10-31-2005, 03:12 PM
I actually laughed because it was so bad.

EDIT: 1

istewart
10-31-2005, 03:13 PM
This forum is going straight to hell.

transmitt
10-31-2005, 03:41 PM
I winced.

Brock Landers
10-31-2005, 03:42 PM
MAYBE the worst joke I have ever heard. DEFINITELY the worst poker joke I have ever heard.

Rasputin
10-31-2005, 03:45 PM
I laughed, so I gave it a 2 but it really sucked.

But I haven't heard any better poker jokes.

Saddlepoint
10-31-2005, 03:50 PM
I really feel like you guys don't get it. Allow me to explain.

The joke cleverly supplants the last name of poker pro Paul Darden for the term "partum" in "postpartum depression." Since, in the hypothetical scenario of the joke, Darden was the cause of the protagonist's misery, it follows that he (the protagonist) would suffer from "postDarden depression." Also, in order to understand the joke, you must understand that postpartum depression is a real condition that affects millions of women a year.

Those who are curious can read more about postpartum depression here (http://healthyminds.org/postpartumdepression.cfm).

10-31-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The joke cleverly supplants the last name of poker pro Paul Darden for the term "partum" in "postpartum depression." Since, in the hypothetical scenario of the joke, Darden was the cause of the protagonist's misery, it follows that he (the protagonist) would suffer from "postDarden depression." Also, in order to understand the joke, you must understand that postpartum depression is a real condition that affects millions of women a year.

Those who are curious can read more about postpartum depression here (http://healthyminds.org/postpartumdepression.cfm).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, that was funnier than the original joke.

transmitt
10-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I don't think Brooke Shields would like this joke Mr. Know it All.

10-31-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUHHHHH. It just wasn't funny.

WhiskyRiver
10-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Does anyone actually know of any GOOD poker jokes?

Only one I can remember hearing, that I actually like:
How do you kill a bad poker player?
Throw a gutshot over a cliff.

Favorite Joke as of late (semi-tasteless):

A serial killer was dragging his latest victim through the woods, and she was understandly crying and upset. The killer asked her what her problem was, and she said "I'm scared." To which he replied, "YOU'RE scared? I'm the one who has to walk back alone."
Ba-dum-ching.

istewart
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
These jokes are not that great.

WhiskyRiver
10-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Your dog is ugly.

evil_twin
10-31-2005, 06:51 PM
I got it fine. I gave it a 1. I laughed at your joke though.

MonkeeMan
10-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Is 10 good or bad? (I ask because in the movie "10" Bo Derek was a 10 (good), but in Nam if a coke girl said "GI number 10" that was bad.)

TimTimSalabim
10-31-2005, 09:17 PM
Question: What do they call a 65-year-old guy at the Omaha table?

Answer: <font color="white"> "Junior" </font>

imported_CaseClosed326
10-31-2005, 09:19 PM
It appears that you guys have 1 being the highest. Because this is a quality joke.

B Dids
11-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Clearly a 10.

Easy E
11-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Somewhat clever, but not really funny. Didn't rate strongly enough on the Groaner scale to move it up

Easy E
11-01-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ba-dum-ching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give this one a 4.5 (the OP got 3.0) since you get a delay before the answer hits you.

I like it, though it's not hilarious. More of an insider's "wry acknowledgement" jibe.

Saddlepoint
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ba-dum-ching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give this one a 4.5 (the OP got 3.0) since you get a delay before the answer hits you.

I like it, though it's not hilarious. More of an insider's "wry acknowledgement" jibe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You kill funny.

Dominic
11-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Puns are the lowest form of humor - unless you thought of it yourself.

SheetWise
11-01-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you "feel" like we didn't get it? It's just a dumb joke that doesn't require any explanation. You must be a lot of fun at the Mensa meetings.

SheetWise
11-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Grubby had a funny line about the Hammer, "The great thing about playing 7-2o is that all of your outs are still in the deck."

XxGodJrxX
11-01-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a comical genius sir, I laughed at this for like ten minutes straight. OP's joke? Not so much.