PDA

View Full Version : Do you play aggressive or "check it down"?

10-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Here is a situation I wasn't sure how to handle...
This was in a live tourny that paid 4 spots. It was 8 handed when this hand took place. (originally 22 players, Pays 200, 125, 80, 35).

(do multi-table SNG's belong in this forum? I think this situation might apply...if not, I'm sorry, and please move to Multi)

relavant stacks:
UTG 800
MP 3800
HERO 4200
BB 2300

Blinds are t300/600. Hero is SB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets 800 and is all in...2 folds...MP calls 800...2 folds...Hero calls 500...BB calls 200.

Pot is t2400
Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

As soon as the flop hit, the All-in UTG player makes it completely obvious to everyone that he has hit trip eights.

Do you check your top two pair and hope the other 2 players cooperate in trying to outdraw the All-in guy? Or bet into the dry side pot of Zero? Is it to my advantage to try to eliminate a player with cooperation, or get it heads-up?

gl,
Mike.

btw...Please comment on after the flop. I know I probably should've folded pre-flop, but I figured I'd be getting pretty good odds at almost 5:1.

Simplistic
10-31-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a situation I wasn't sure how to handle...
This was in a live tourny that paid 4 spots. It was 8 handed when this hand took place. (originally 22 players, Pays 200, 125, 80, 35).

(do multi-table SNG's belong in this forum? I think this situation might apply...if not, I'm sorry, and please move to Multi)

relavant stacks:
UTG 800
MP 3800
HERO 4200
BB 2300

Blinds are t300/600. Hero is SB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets 800 and is all in...2 folds...MP calls 800...2 folds...Hero calls 500...BB calls 200.

Pot is t2400
Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

As soon as the flop hit, the All-in UTG player makes it completely obvious to everyone that he has hit trip eights.

Do you check your top two pair and hope the other 2 players cooperate in trying to outdraw the All-in guy? Or bet into the dry side pot of Zero? Is it to my advantage to try to eliminate a player with cooperation, or get it heads-up?

gl,
Mike.

btw...Please comment on after the flop. I know I probably should've folded pre-flop, but I figured I'd be getting pretty good odds at almost 5:1.

[/ QUOTE ]check it down. if someone else bets, play some post flop poker