PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Poker --worst site ever.

Maulik
10-31-2005, 02:17 PM
I've never said online poker is rigged, in my entire life.

I swear to god, this site is rigged. I've been playing online for years and never seen this many suckouts in 24hrs. The play is sooo passive. Is this the reason?
donks call in hopes they will turn a gutshot draw, constantly.

Maulik
10-31-2005, 02:22 PM
either this or i'm running as poorly as possible. one of those streaks where you question your ability and sanity as a poker player.

uncleshady
10-31-2005, 02:25 PM
If it makes you feel any better, Paradise is the only site (I play on 14) that Im a loser at over a 6 month period. I think it might be more due to my reliance on HUD than the play.

Eder
10-31-2005, 02:37 PM
It is different at times....a raise in EP+1 will often get 5-6 seeing the flop at 5/10 full...not nessesarily a bad thing at all...
Not sure if I like it yet though, only ~1k hands

BigBiceps
10-31-2005, 02:41 PM
I played there this weekend ....

I lost 6 straight times with AKo, 7 straight times with AKo, and 12 straight times with KQs (well one of them I folded preflop). Luckily my total loss was less than the bonus, but after I cleared it I withdrew. I should not be a loser over any 3000 game stretch.(at least it never happened before in my first 70k games)

I was 3 wins and 9 losses with KK ... and I only got AA once.

It was very strange and I lost (very unusual).

Also, for the icons in pokertracker, all people with >100 games who had the fish icon were winners and all that had the eagle icon were losers.

GrannyMae
10-31-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
either this or i'm running as poorly as possible. one of those streaks where you question your ability and sanity as a poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are just running bad. i can assure you all that paradise is dealing a fair game.

no question

NLfool
10-31-2005, 03:10 PM
it's the worst site in terms of going on really hot or cold streaks. And by cold I mean you'll get KK vs AA in NL or you'll have AA vs KK and lose. Also if there was ever site that had a cashout curse paradise would be it.

My roomates all online pros and none really believe in sites or cashout curses but if we run bad at paradise the running joke is that you cashed out or they flipped the switch on you. It's an inside joke said in jest but other guys that we talk to have actually experienced the same thing.

10-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Phew, I thought it was just me! The suckouts there are just incredible. Paradise was my first online site, but that place can make you feel like you don't know a thing about poker. I don't honestly think it's rigged, but it can sure make you think so sometimes.

puckboy
10-31-2005, 03:50 PM
At one time i thought this site was 100% rigged,(even made a dumb post suggesting it), but experience has shown me the reality of varience. I am still winning about 1.85bb/hr after 70k hands there. All the advertising on the WSOP telecast with the million dollar freeroll has made some nice fish flock there. In my humble experience and opinion, i would play here over party or empire any day. Especially the 5-10 games are loaded with LAGS..

Also if anyone doubts the legitimicy of the shuffle at paradise over other sites like party????? Paradise is the only site that openly publishes there external audit by a HUGE US accounting firm. Try asking party about the legitimacy of there shuffle or look for info on there website about it and good luck getting any kind of CLEAR answer. Not at all saying party is rigged(it' not), but just stating a personal observation.

GrannyMae
10-31-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's the worst site in terms of going on really hot or cold streaks

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement suggests that you think it is not totally random. if it is not totally random, then it is rigged. you have been around WAY too long to think this of Paradise, i would imagine.

fwiw, i have killed the site since day one, but can't get ahead at stars. however, i will defend stars deal (and have many times).

puckboy
10-31-2005, 04:00 PM
amen sister, 100% agreement

Homer
10-31-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's the worst site in terms of going on really hot or cold streaks. And by cold I mean you'll get KK vs AA in NL or you'll have AA vs KK and lose. Also if there was ever site that had a cashout curse paradise would be it.

My roomates all online pros and none really believe in sites or cashout curses but if we run bad at paradise the running joke is that you cashed out or they flipped the switch on you. It's an inside joke said in jest but other guys that we talk to have actually experienced the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is it rigged or not?

Aytumious
10-31-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played there this weekend ....

I lost 6 straight times with AKo, 7 straight times with AKo, and 12 straight times with KQs (well one of them I folded preflop). Luckily my total loss was less than the bonus, but after I cleared it I withdrew. I should not be a loser over any 3000 game stretch.(at least it never happened before in my first 70k games)

I was 3 wins and 9 losses with KK ... and I only got AA once.

It was very strange and I lost (very unusual).

Also, for the icons in pokertracker, all people with >100 games who had the fish icon were winners and all that had the eagle icon were losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are hilarious.

citanul
10-31-2005, 04:38 PM
maulik is running bad and venting. that's somewhat (but not really) excusable.

anyone else who chimes in in support of paradise rigged in any manner is an idiot.

c

SomethingClever
10-31-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I should not be a loser over any 3000 game stretch.(at least it never happened before in my first 70k games)

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.

10-31-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should not be a loser over any 3000 game stretch.(at least it never happened before in my first 70k games)

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

And coming from someone who's been here for over 1.5 years. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10-31-2005, 05:17 PM
This just in: the looser the site, the higher the variance. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif the players at Paradise. Unfortunately, every single other thing about Paradise blows goats. Their software needed an upgrade about five years ago, their support has no idea what question they're being asked at any given time, and their cashouts...well, I just got one within 24 hours, which constitutes a miracle.

I don't often play there, but it certainly isn't because of the quality of opponents.

GrannyMae
10-31-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Their software needed an upgrade about five years ago, their support has no idea what question they're being asked at any given time, and their cashouts...well, I just got one within 24 hours, which constitutes a miracle.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. imo, software is awesome and they have fixed the speed issue.

2. imo, support is second to none. right up there with stars

3. i have not had a cashout take more than 24 hours in 2 years. usually done in less than 12 hours.

we agree that the games are softer than ever tho.

10-31-2005, 05:33 PM
http://pechorin.fuckyouanddie.com/quit_whining.jpg

BigBiceps
10-31-2005, 05:36 PM
I only started online poker 2 months ago.

offTopic
10-31-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it makes you feel any better, Paradise is the only site (I play on 14) that Im a loser at over a 6 month period. I think it might be more due to my reliance on HUD than the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just commenting to my GF last night (while getting run over chasing this current Paradise bonus) that:

a) I've taken more money out of Paradise than any other site (recreational player with accounts at Paradise, Party, Stars, and UB).

b) Paradise is the only site at which I'm losing this calendar year.

In my case, I attribute it to the fact that they have had the least frequent bonuses, so I've played the fewest hours there this year (right around 50, 2-tabling mostly) so the fact that I'm down about $200 for the year isn't cause for alarm.

I'll grant that it's annoying, though. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ckmo
10-31-2005, 06:08 PM
only 36 more bonus to clear then i'm off. For some reason their software hurts my head.

checkmate36
10-31-2005, 06:10 PM
I played there last year and was dealt 2k hands and never was dealt AA once. I thought that was kind of weird and cashed out. I still have $40 pending in my bonus account.

I reloaded some loot into the site over the weekend, now I have $140 pending. I guess I have to go back but I don't want to. This post makes me wonder if my "paradise is weird" thoughts are valid. LOL

AcmeSalesRep
10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. Every time I think I have read the dumbest comment 2+2 could ever see, you prove me wrong...

Acme

mosquito
10-31-2005, 06:18 PM
Paradise just sucks.

I'm an overall winner there, plus bonus.

I have just left $70 of bonus to be cleared when it actually becomes worthwhile, compared to what else is out there.

The site frustrates the heck out of me, and that affects my game. Plus the bonus clears slowish at only 3 tables. I don't like having more than one client open, although I have started playing 6 tables recently.

There are some places, you just don't like to play. For me Paradise seems to be one of them.

punter11235
10-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Just out of couriosity, what's your paradise screenname and what stakes you currently play? Iam hard regular there and you sn info would help me to get better picture of the whole situation.

Best wishes

UATrewqaz
10-31-2005, 06:43 PM
I agree the "online poker is rigged" crowd is a bunch of losers/idiots/paranoid fools, etc.

WITH one small caveat... I see quads on Paradise... many many many many quads, many quads. That's all I'm saying... alot of quads.

vilemerchant
10-31-2005, 06:44 PM
One thing for sure the lobby software sure is strange. Keeps telling me waiting lists are full when they're clearly not, or i'll be clicking the waiting list of a 1/2 table but the table the waiting list box comes up for is a 10/20 table. This is happening to me as I type /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do however enjoy the clickity clackity chip sounds and the smoking chips when u get pushed a pot.

GrannyMae
10-31-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

WITH one small caveat... I see quads on Paradise... many many many many quads, many quads. That's all I'm saying... alot of quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh....

please show me actual versus expected data with a sufficient sample size to back up this inane claim.

if you don't have it, I do. quads come exactly as expected.

UATrewqaz
10-31-2005, 06:52 PM
I have no evidence at all, no math, no hand histories nothing, therefor I can make no statements.

I'm just saying that I have not played at Paradise much (i only play there to clear bonuses) however in my brief time playing there I see enough quads to make me personally uncomfortable.

I could be suffereing from selective memory, like maybe the idea crossed my mind and then a random group of quads happened soon after and I was all "AH HA!" or perhaps I just witnessed a weird streak of them fully within the bounds of statistical normalacy.

So I make no accusations of course because I have no proof and don't wanna sound like one of those "My AA got beat 3 times! This site is rigged to take my $25!" nuts.

This was discussed by a few people on this thread

Thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=probability&Number=326133 4&Searchpage=3&Main=3261334&Words=quads&topic=&Sea rch=true#Post3261334)

This thread offers no real proof of anything though of course.

ckmo
10-31-2005, 07:02 PM
all I know is I get angry inside more when a hand isn't raked then when I get beat.

OldYoda
10-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Paradise was the first site I tried 5 years ago and at that time it was "the" place to play - strictly Limit games and everyone played ABC poker. Over the years I've moved on to lots of other sites but Paradise always has been a favorite.

Just for kicks I deposited $400 there this morning to stack the bonus and played a little at the $2/$4 tables. The place hasn't changed a lot - it was a nice site then and it's a nice site now.

Oh yeah, and those of you implying "strange" doings are all idiots.

BigBiceps
10-31-2005, 07:09 PM
I do not have a sufficient sample size, but I got quads 3 times in 3000 hands which is 4 times the EV. I should only have got them .75 times.

I got quad tens with TT on the turn, quad threes with runner runner 3's, and quad jacks with KJ.

I also saw alot of other people getting alot of quads although that is ancedotal evidence. Also, we are not even counting the hands where I might have got quads that were not played to the river, or I did not see the flop.

uncleshady
10-31-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In my case, I attribute it to the fact that they have had the least frequent bonuses, so I've played the fewest hours there this year (right around 50, 2-tabling mostly) so the fact that I'm down about $200 for the year isn't cause for alarm.

I'll grant that it's annoying, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, neither of us think its rigged or anything, just odd that its nigh unbeatable. I agree with your reasoning, its my least played site as well due to the infrequent reloads.

augie00
10-31-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I do not have a sufficient sample size, but I got quads 3 times in 3000 hands which is 4 times the EV. I should only have got them .75 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what makes you think that in the next 40k hands you will get quads even once?

GrannyMae
10-31-2005, 07:45 PM
I do not have a sufficient sample size

this first sentence marks the point that your post becomes worthless, anecdotal evidence.

i have gotten quads a tad LESS than expected in over 310,000+ hands.

10-31-2005, 07:46 PM
The players are terrible there, and varience and bad beats goes up. Saying it is rigged is idiotic.

I played out my bonus there this weekend and beat up on the poor players and made off like a bandit.

There software sure does suck, and it keeps the better players away....hence the large number of bad players. If you can't win at Paradise either you aren't very good or were running badly.

SomethingClever
10-31-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I got quad tens with TT on the turn, quad threes with runner runner 3's, and quad jacks with KJ.

I also saw alot of other people getting alot of quads although that is ancedotal evidence. Also, we are not even counting the hands where I might have got quads that were not played to the river, or I did not see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you acknowledge that this is anecdotal, why bring it up?

It seriously boggles my mind that people can think this way!

gabyyyyy
10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's the worst site in terms of going on really hot or cold streaks

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement suggests that you think it is not totally random. if it is not totally random, then it is rigged. you have been around WAY too long to think this of Paradise, i would imagine.

fwiw, i have killed the site since day one, but can't get ahead at stars. however, i will defend stars deal (and have many times).

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell.. You defend Stars deal? Are those heart meds affecting your brain by any chance?

dibbs
10-31-2005, 09:29 PM
It shocks me that someone with your experience in online poker would even question if a site is really rigged or not.

The games are good, you aren't running well, that's variance.

J_B
10-31-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree the "online poker is rigged" crowd is a bunch of losers/idiots/paranoid fools, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

T've played at least 10k hands or so there. I've never seen quads once. You must've seen my share.

stripsqueez
10-31-2005, 10:06 PM
i play limit holdem, draw, omaha, SNG's, multi table tourneys, pineapple, 7 card stud, 5 card stud, and probably some other games i forgot to mention at paradise - i am not great at some of these games but i consistently win at all of them and have done for several years

in all the exchanges i have had with many on-line sites the only replies i have had that when it counts recognise me as a valued customer have come from paradise - i have never had a drama cashing out there

my kids complain when i play elsewhere because they like the chocolate coated strawberries

its an excellent site - you have no clue

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

radar5
10-31-2005, 10:22 PM
I had trips 3 times in one day, sucked out on the river by str8s and flushes. Yes, it was paradise and it was this weekend. Is the site rigged? No, just a bad spot. I have somehow pissed off the poker gods. This stuff happens everywhere, not just Paradise.

Jim Kuhn
11-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Gabyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................. Where you been?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BigF
11-01-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I flopped quad 4's my VERY FIRST real money hold'em hand. It means squat.

11-01-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. imo, software is awesome and they have fixed the speed issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Speed seems a tiny bit better - tables still disappear at random, though. (Either that or there are actually only two 1/2 LHE tables open right now.) And HHs still arrive unpredictably.

[ QUOTE ]
2. imo, support is second to none. right up there with stars

[/ QUOTE ]
Their reply to an e-mail titled "Hand Histories Broken?" was about how to qualify for another million-dollar freeroll.

[ QUOTE ]
3. i have not had a cashout take more than 24 hours in 2 years. usually done in less than 12 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Linky for you (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=inet&Number=3429177&Searc hpage=1&Main=3415598&Words=cashout+Ignignokt&topic =&Search=true#Post3429177)

BruinEric
11-01-2005, 03:30 AM
With 2900 posts, I'd assume you'd have been around long enough to know that posting "rigged" claptrap is poor form. It is also IMHO totally irresponsible -- we can get plenty of "rigged" whines in poker table chat windows, planting seeds so that new players freak out and stop playing when they hit a rough patch.

Let me help you: I have never seen one tiny drop of evidence that Paradise is rigged in any way. If you've read the information on Paradise's shuffling algorithm and RNG seed source, you'd be confident in the randomness of their cards.

I've written some articles on my just-started website about online shuffling algorithms, etc. Read the basic stuff, then go to the Paradise website and find their info.

Their cards are totally random. Their revenue model is this: rake pots. They don't care if you win or lose. They like to make money by raking pots.

Given the style of play there, what puny benefit could be gained by creating occasional "action hands" (a significant effort above/beyond a simple shuffling algorithm and rng) that would not be overwhelmed by simply improving the software to deal a few more hands per hour?

Its going to be a while before I cover all the "rigged" theories, so you'll have to be patient. My goal is that everytime I see a post with another "rigged" theory, I can quickly point to a list of articles which thoroughly address those worries.

Paradise went through a phase pre-SportingBet merger where the play was a bit tighter IMHO. Now, playing there is a real joy at low limits.

If you want to play at a site where top pair "wins more often" because there are rarely more than 3 to see a flop, go to the former party-skins, Prima during US evenings, and most Absolute .5/1 tables. That way, you can reduce your tilt-inducing "suckouts" and win 3 BB pots in happiness.

addickt
11-01-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. Every time I think I have read the dumbest comment 2+2 could ever see, you prove me wrong...

Acme

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have never lost over a 3k span you are can either see through the cards or you have a clover growing out your butthole.

Jimmy The Fish
11-01-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i have killed the site since day one, but can't get ahead at Party. however, i will defend Party's deal (and have many times).

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited for my own experience.

I've won 4.3 BB/100 at Paradise, and lost 2.2 BB/100 at Party, with nearly identical stats. Umm, which site is rigged again? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Variance is a cast-iron bitch.

Freudian
11-01-2005, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
maulik is running bad and venting. that's somewhat (but not really) excusable.

anyone else who chimes in in support of paradise rigged in any manner is an idiot.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

If a site was truly rigged how do you think it would manifest itself here on 2+2? My guess is that it would come in the form of posts where many claimed something felt wrong about the site and not someone doing an in depth statistical analysis of 100k hands.

Of course people claiming something feels off is not evidence of rigging. More like evidence of them running bad.

If a site is proven to be guilty of rigging at some point in the future a lot of people will look like idiots for having claimed it was not rigged. In fact they will look as dumb as the people who claim a site is rigged without evidence that it is. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

11-01-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The players are terrible there, and varience and bad beats goes up. Saying it is rigged is idiotic.

Would just to great to be true if people stopped using the "rigged" word.
THANKS

Overdrive
11-01-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never said online poker is rigged, in my entire life.

I swear to god, this site is rigged. I've been playing online for years and never seen this many suckouts in 24hrs. The play is sooo passive. Is this the reason?
donks call in hopes they will turn a gutshot draw, constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really have anything new to add in this post but I don't like it when people attack sites for basicly no reason at all. But like others have said, there has been an influx of some pretty wild players into Paradise since most of the 8 table playing 'pros' running their heads up software aids are playing on Party and other sites with RB.

At times it is honestly like playing at the play money tables over there, especially when they don't have a bonus going like they do now. This of course, like many others have said, will make your variance go crazy. Some people even claim that crazy games like this are 'unbeatable.' I had $300 dollars in old stacked up bonuses that I played off at Paradise last month playing 1-2 limit hold em. I'm not gonna tell you how I did overall, because a bragging post is just nonsense. But - I took down the biggest pot I ever have playing $1-2 limit which was exactly $94, which if it hadn't happened to me I wouldn't of believed it. I could also post about the times I got 'sucked out on' by a gutshot straight on the river or whatever else. But to blame the Paradise site is really juvenile and just wrong.

solucky
11-01-2005, 10:00 AM
in my opinion most fair site.

poorest stars, followed from party, paradise is great /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NLfool
11-01-2005, 10:57 AM
rigged is perhaps the wrong word. I do however think certain sites favor some sort of style of play or have a tendency. It probably is not malicious intent on their behalf but that's just the nature of programs. I mean how can a program be truely random. Lets say it takes a seed for the RNG well maybe it takes the number from a thermal reading from your CPU temp or CPU usage.

Well if you're running lots of tables, watching divx porn, and burning a DVD etc your CPU temp or usage is going to be sky high and the seed is usually going to be high. What that translates to who knows but definitely some people just have a lot better results at one site vs another.

No empirical evidence other than I cashout bigger amounts, more often at X than Y site playing the same thousands of hands (with a VPIP of 15 most of my play is on auto and differeniates little)

StellarWind
11-01-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If a site was truly rigged how do you think it would manifest itself here on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]
If properly done no one would notice the actual rigging. The site would attract the same number of wrong-headed complaints as any other about random variance events.

Pyromaniac
11-01-2005, 03:30 PM
I wonder if this hand:

[ QUOTE ]
quad threes with runner runner 3's

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't normally in this group:

[ QUOTE ]
Also, we are not even counting the hands where I might have got quads that were not played to the river, or I did not see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or put another way...I wonder if the type of play at the tables doesn't make this more likely. In other words...what were the preflop conditions that kept you in with 33, and then what were the postflop conditions that kept you in to see the turn with no set?

I guess that's a roundabout way of saying that, in other conditions, you'd've tossed the threes and never noticed the quads.

BigBiceps
11-01-2005, 04:51 PM
I was in late position with several callers, so I called preflop with 33.

The flop was checked around so I saw the turn for free.

wonderwes
11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Paradise has some good things and bad things going for it. When there is no network lag the software runs pretty smooth. I mean compared to party the interface is nicer.

I find people playing 1/2 and 2/4 limit omaha hi. Most sites I go around have very few omaha hi games and if so, they are always PL.

Their MTT structure has one of the better setups. I like the late registration option. Plus a good variety of MTT games.

They actually have really good customer service. Anytime I have contacted their support, I get a quick reply.

Cons against it, first off the $10 per 100 raked hands is crap. No matter what stakes you play, you need to see 100 hands for $10. Now if you play anything above 1/2 limit, isnt that just not a good deal. Say $100 bonus = 1000 hands. Sure you can unlock it quickly on the site, but thats not much of a benefit to long time play.

The players? It does vary, but I think paradise has a lot of passive play as others mentioned. It seems in higher limit games, people just wont fold, but call down trying to hit their draws. I think I have seen worse beats (in frequency) on Stars that Paradise or Party. SNG's seem to go very quick once the blinds hit 50/100+. At that point, it becomes who can steal blinds better.

Oh yeah, their BJ sucks too (shocking). Luckily I only waste $5-10 per month playing it. Just too hard to resist, when you see the 21 icon on every single table.

Seems real easy to make sportsbets using the transfer option for sportsbook.com

Its not the best, but it is probably better than a majority of sites used by 2+2 players.

And who doesn't love virtual drinks???

GrannyMae
11-01-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And who doesn't love virtual drinks???

[/ QUOTE ]

try the hotdogs. they are delish (except for sundays. i suspect they are using leftovers)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/chef.gif

Lestat
11-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Is there any way I can interpret what you're saying to mean that I can increase my bb/100 if I watch porn while I play?

I don't think that's what you're saying, but I'm trying to make it work!

Self Made
11-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced, at any type of business:
They let me do two sub-$50 cashouts. Then I found my cashier locked. Asked why. They said it's because I did sub-$50 cashouts. I asked them to re-enable the cashier. They said "only if you promise not to do sub-$50 cashouts." I did. They didn't re-enable it. I asked why. They said I needed to promise not to do sub-$50 cashouts (again). I declined to humiliate myself for them again and asked that my case be bumped up to a supervisor. The supervisor emailed me saying "I agree with the CS representative." Apparently she skipped the part of CS 101 where they explain that you greet customers with "how may I help you?"
I don't play there any more because I can't deposit. And because I'm furious with them.
They apparently think of customers as children or nuisances or people who can be repeatedly humiliated for their entertainment, rather than... customers.

Schwartzy61
11-01-2005, 08:55 PM
There's a menu option to turn the blackjack and sportsbook ads off if you want to save yourself the $5 to $10/month.

BruinEric
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean how can a program be truely random. Lets say it takes a seed for the RNG

[/ QUOTE ]

Why guess how Paradise uses entropy for their RNG when they explain it in detail on their website? You should read the whole thing to assuage your concerns about how your web-surfing habits might effect the shuffle in a way to make it not random.

Here is the bit on entropy collection for their RNG:

We have two main sources of these random bits. First, the rng on the server samples the low order bits of the CPU's time stamp counter (667MHz) at irregular parts of the program and when data is received from client connections, and uses it to add to the entropy in our large seed.

Secondly (and mainly) the client programs send their own 32-bits of entropy with every action they make and with several of the other packets they send to the server. The client's entropy is gathered from both mouse and keyboard movements, as well as the lower 32-bits of their CPU time stamp counters. With thousands of clients connected using all sorts of different hardware and moving their mice in different non-predictable ways, this is by far the biggest source of entropy and gets us far more than 17 new random bits per second. In fact, tests performed in February 2001 indicate that it typically yields over 7000 bits of new random data per second. We're using several sources of reliably random entropy; no single point of failure. Can you say overkill?

Let me add a little factiod I put on my blog from an interview with Dan Paymar -- those shuffling machines you see at the B&M? They use an RNG (gasp!).

UATrewqaz
11-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Not to beat a dead horse and once again this is no proof of anything but I played 300 hands there last night to begin clearing their latest Halloween reload and saw two quads in these hands.

One of them was me flopping quad queen's and the other guy ended up making a full house so I raked in massive action, so I didn't mind at all!

Once again, just wanted to note this... I'm up about 15 BB and have cleared 25% of the bonus so I really could care less about how they shuffle. I only bonus whore them and always take out more money that I deposit... which is really what its all about.

OldYoda
11-02-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to beat a dead horse and once again this is no proof of anything but .....

[/ QUOTE ]

You have over 800 posts, I don't want to beat a dead horse but you're an idiot.

wbrumfiel
11-02-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

this first sentence marks the point that your post becomes worthless, anecdotal evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let em go elsewhere Granny. The last thing I need right now is MORE tight bonus whores at my Paradise tables. PARADISE IS RIGGED!! PARADISE IS RIGGED!!

GrannyMae
11-02-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Let em go elsewhere Granny. The last thing I need right now is MORE tight bonus whores at my Paradise tables. PARADISE IS RIGGED!! PARADISE IS RIGGED!!

[/ QUOTE ]

gr8 point.

paradise it T-R-O-U-B-L-E !!

go away trouts.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/0/killthemall.gif