PDA

View Full Version : I just thought this was funny

Homer
06-12-2003, 11:58 PM
The board is Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Player A bets.
Player B calls.
Player C raises.

What did Player C have? 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif. Homer laugh now.

-- Homer

JTG51
06-13-2003, 12:39 AM
You know, it's things like this that make me think I really have to start playing online again. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I bet the way Player C got to that river was also pretty funny.

yct
06-13-2003, 01:08 AM
Perhaps the guy is color blind? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

bernie
06-13-2003, 10:02 AM
what's really funny is when player C drags the pot.

b

Homer
06-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeah, that was funny too. I should have mentioned that.

-- Homer

Zag
06-13-2003, 11:46 AM
This reminded me, for no particular reason, of a funny action that someone did against me (to his detriment).

Playing $5/10 at Foxwoods, I had A5s on the button. Folded to me so I raise. SB calls.

Just as the flop of TT5 fell, the waitress arrived with my coffee. SB checked to me so I bet out. SB counted out enough chips to check-raise and reached forward with them, so I dropped my hand face-down, but not quite into the muck.

I assumed the dealer had moved on to the next hand, so I was busy getting cream and sugar, tipping the waitress, etc. when SB tugged at my arm and said "You're still in -- I only called. Check to you."

I looked down and saw that the board was now TT55. I quickly scooped my hand back up. In my distraction, I didn't think about the possiblity that he was trying to keep me in with quad tens or some such, so I bet out. He called.

River was a blank and he checked again. I finally wised up and checked behind him. I showed my hand and he mucked. I still can't figure out what was going through his head.