PDA

View Full Version : $400PL Omaha S/handed - Turn Decision - Simple?

ipp147
10-31-2005, 11:28 AM
I am MP with $550 or so and have both opponents covered. UTG has $160. He bought in short and has played aggressively in smallish pots picking them up on the flop. SB has $330 and has done nothing remarkable.

UTG Limps and I raise it to $10 with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Button Calls, SB, BB and limper call.

5 to the flop $47.50.

Flop 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, T /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB checks. UTG bets pot. I call (mistake?)button folds, SB calls and BB folds.

3 to the turn. Pot = $190

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB pots. UTG folds. I ???

On the flop if I make a pot raise I am pretty much committed to the hand and didn't really want do that with top 2 and my straight draw. I was happy to be up against just the short stack though as he had been aggressive in these situations. Should I have raised pot on the flop. Turn is an easy fold right?

Tilt
10-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Tough.

I like calling the flop. I don't want to go to war with top two in a 4 way flop without a read on SB and BB hands. If they are planning a c/r with a set, you don't want to have all that money out there already. On the other hand, I don't like folding here, and am probably willing to go to war against UTG's short stack with this hand.

Also, there is a real possiblity that you and UTG both have QT. A shove in war when SB has a strong draw would therefore be bad. But by just calling you have created a good opportunity on a blank turn. If UTG is scared by your call, he may check, you pot it, SB throws his draw away, and UTG now becomes convinced you have a set and mucks his QT. This is a potential benefit of position, which you throw away by reraising his short stack on the flop when your fold equity against a short stack may be small but increases by the turn.

The fold on the turn as the hand played is obvious.

RickyG
10-31-2005, 01:33 PM
At first i was going to disagree with this analysis, but after thinking about it a bit, tilt's advice seems pretty good. I knew there was a reason to read these forums.

The only other thing is that a raise on the flop might help to clear up some outs for you if all the SB has is a weak draw. It would also serve to clarify the BB's hand a bit. But this is a higher variance play, especially against more aggressive opponents.