PDA

View Full Version : I'm mad as hell!

jokerthief
10-31-2005, 11:18 AM
What the hell is this PM limit crap. BS! Super BS!

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly we needed another thread on this. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jokerthief
10-31-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly we needed another thread on this. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we do. Doesn't this piss you off jake?

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It did for about 2 seconds, then I deleted all 900 of my PMs and *poof* no problem. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

El Barto
10-31-2005, 11:24 AM
If you have a lot of PMs do they all show at once, or do you see something like 1-25 of 987?

If they only show the most recent ones, there should be no problem right?

jokerthief
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It did for about 2 seconds, then I deleted all 900 of my PMs and *poof* no problem. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now that is good to know. Clearing time. Much less pissed.

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have a lot of PMs do they all show at once, or do you see something like 1-25 of 987?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It shows them all. Why would this change the problem?

10-31-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you need to save more than 200 private messages? Use print-screen if you really need all your love letters.

El Barto
10-31-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It shows them all. Why would this change the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think they would not need a limit due to resource consumption if only recent PMs were shown. People rarely access their old PMs I would think.

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would think they would not need a limit due to resource consumption if only recent PMs were shown. People rarely access their old PMs I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine that it would take a bunch of resources to show PMs on a list. I'd guess it's more of a storage issue.

El Barto
10-31-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine that it would take a bunch of resources to show PMs on a list. I'd guess it's more of a storage issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the search restrictions, I think it is not a storage issue but rather everytime you access your PMs it has to search for them somehow.

In the future, save your old PMs on your PC and delete them on 2+2. The search function is the worst part of this upgrade.

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the search restrictions, I think it is not a storage issue but rather everytime you access your PMs it has to search for them somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The search restrictions aren't something set up by 2+2 to deal with a specific issue. Rather they're the default setting for this version of UBB.Threads, and for some reason they haven't changed the setting. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

diebitter
10-31-2005, 11:37 AM
Searching is not a big deal in any decent database, if properly indexed. I think it's storage, personally.

El Barto
10-31-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Searching is not a big deal in any decent database, if properly indexed. I think it's storage, personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

If searching is not a big deal, then it really needs to be fixed. It sucks big time right now.

AngryCola
10-31-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The search restrictions aren't something set up by 2+2 to deal with a specific issue. Rather they're the default setting for this version of UBB.Threads, and for some reason they haven't changed the setting. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I suspect this will get addressed soon enough.