PDA

View Full Version : Closing My PartyPoker Account

Cassidy
10-31-2005, 09:31 AM
I recently sent an email to PartyPoker asking them to close my account.

They promptly replied telling me that my account had been closed as requested.

I checked that my account had been closed by trying to login to PartyPoker. When I did this I received a message saying that my account was "Temporarily Frozen".

I sent another email to PartyPoker querying this. They replied saying that my account had been closed and that the "temporarily frozen" message was the message I would see if my account was indeed closed.

Sounds a little odd to me. Has anyone else closed a PartyPoker account and experienced the same?

Homer
10-31-2005, 09:36 AM
They probably only lock it because often a player will ask to have his account closed after a bad night, only to come crawling back the next day.

Cassidy
10-31-2005, 01:43 PM
That makes sense although I wonder how long the account will be designated as "temporarily frozen" before it is deemed closed, a week? a month? forever?

4thstreetpete
10-31-2005, 01:57 PM
does closing your account work for everyone? I tried closing my party account a long time ago and then reopened it with an affiliate but party says I have an account already, even though I closed it months prior. /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Wondering if it's different now.

10-31-2005, 03:22 PM
I just opened a new account without closing the old one. I deposited with the same Neteller account I used on my other Party account. Party called a few minutes later, asked which account I wanted closed and verified my new account over the phone.

I've deposited again and made a withdrawal with the same Neteller account. No problems. I opened the new account ~10 days ago.

Cassidy
10-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Mysteryfan, what happens if you try to login to your old account as a matter of interest?

PartySNGer
10-31-2005, 04:04 PM
They freeze both accounts. Then you have to contact them and tell them you want the old one closed. At this point you no longer have access to the old account and can't log in.

10-31-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mysteryfan, what happens if you try to login to your old account as a matter of interest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I really don't want to know. I'm going to leave well enough alone.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif