PDA

View Full Version : Saw 2

Slow Play Ray
10-31-2005, 09:29 AM
I saw it this weekend - did anyone else?

It was better than I thought it would be, but definitely not as good as the first one.

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It was better than I thought it would be, but definitely not as good as the first one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone go see this after seeing the first one?

Slow Play Ray
10-31-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone go see this after seeing the first one?

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you didn't like the 1st one? I did.

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So then you didn't like the 1st one? I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a good idea, but very predictable and had more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

Slow Play Ray
10-31-2005, 09:49 AM
"voluntary suspension of disbelief"

Anyway - yeah, if it were me, I would have only cut my heel off. I will never understand why he cut his whole foot off.

10-31-2005, 09:53 AM
I heard the first one was one of the worst movies ever.

Slow Play Ray
10-31-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - this is useful information.

10-31-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If my post saved at least one person a small slice of their life and a small part of their wallet, it was worth it.

LALDAAS
10-31-2005, 10:26 AM
The first one was awsome.

I went to see the second one this weekend it was ok.

I do not want to give any spoilers so I wont say anything however there were a few parts that just did not work in the end.

All in all it was the worth it. I enjoyed it.

I look forward to the 3rd.

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 10:28 AM
Waaaiiitttt...The first one was awesome but the second one was less so because "there were a few parts that just did not work in the end"? You're saying the first one wasn't full of holes?

LALDAAS
10-31-2005, 10:34 AM
What parts are you refering to I was pretty stoned when i saw it.

I more then likely giving the first on more credit for an ending blowing me away.

joshman1204
10-31-2005, 10:35 AM
I for one loved the first one and even own the DVD. My wife and I both had a good time with the first one even though there are parts that just dont add up it was still a fun movie to watch in my opinion.

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What parts are you refering to I was pretty stoned when i saw it.

I more then likely giving the first on more credit for an ending blowing me away.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been awhile since I saw it so I don't remember all the holes that well. However, if you were stoned then Ray's "voluntary suspension of disbelief" is much easier.

Slow Play Ray
10-31-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If my post saved at least one person a small slice of their life and a small part of their wallet, it was worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't see the movie.

LALDAAS
10-31-2005, 10:45 AM
I usally can pick off a movies ending in the first 40 mins. Which pisses off my gf.

The first one was a jaw dropper for me.

Although I didnt see the end of the second one comming either but when it did end I was more like WTF, BS.

For any one who saw it.(With out trying to create any spoilers)

What ruined it for me was the scene where some one gets thrown in a hole to find something.

At the end of the movie I was like WTF!

Hope that isnt to vague.

Slow Play Ray
10-31-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What ruined it for me was the scene where some one gets thrown in a hole to find something.

At the end of the movie I was like WTF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto - we actually talked about this on the way home. But I mean, it's not like that person knew it was coming, ya know? The whole situation was a dangerous one from the get-go.

Obviously, neither of these movies are the least bit believable. But they are entertaining.

Big Business
10-31-2005, 11:07 AM
I actually liked it a bit better than the first one. The problem I had with the first movie was the very bad acting and Danny Glover's character.

Well, all of that was solved in this one. The acting was much better (still a tad cheesy) and I thought it was a smarter movie in general. I won't spoil it for anyone as far as the ending goes, but I really hope they don't make anymore sequels.

Jesse Kidd
10-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Can we spoiler the first one a bit? I'm curious as to what holes everyone found in the first movie. I really liked it (the idea itself...the acting was pretty rough). but it's been a while since I've seen it. It also invoked a lot of interesting conversation after we watched it.

CollinEstes
10-31-2005, 11:15 AM
I am with you Ray, it was better than I expected. I was expecting a bust like Ring 2 but it still had alittle bit left for the sequel. I agree with the guy that I liked it alot better without Danny Glover, though I am not sure Donny Walberg is much of an upgrade.

I hope you guys got to see that trailer too for that new Eli Roth/Tarrintino movie Hostel. That [censored] looked bad ass.

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 11:15 AM
ok. i might not remember this exactly right because it's been awhile since i saw the movie, but one of the holes as i recall was that the guy didn't try nearly hard enough to reach the gun at whatever point in the movie that was. he just tried to reach it with his hand and it wasn't that far out of reach. if'he'd tried to reach it using something else, even a piece of clothing he could have. he could've just shot the damn chain off.

also, as ray pointed out, the cutting off of the whole foot was just dumb.

i remember watching and coming up with like a half dozen ways they could've gotten out of there. but like ray said a voluntary suspension of belief was really necessary.

CollinEstes
10-31-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok. i might not remember this exactly right because it's been awhile since i saw the movie, but one of the holes as i recall was that the guy didn't try nearly hard enough to reach the gun at whatever point in the movie that was. he just tried to reach it with his hand and it wasn't that far out of reach. if'he'd tried to reach it using something else, even a piece of clothing he could have. he could've just shot the damn chain off.

also, as ray pointed out, the cutting off of the whole foot was just dumb.

i remember watching and coming up with like a half dozen ways they could've gotten out of there. but like ray said a voluntary suspension of belief was really necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you have to just go with it in order to enjoy a movie, like say Kill Bill.

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you have to just go with it in order to enjoy a movie, like say Kill Bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but these are clearly different kinds of movies.

CollinEstes
10-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah no doubt, but still I think Saw 1 & 2 are enjoyable for the premise if you can get past some of the things that make you go WTF, do this or that.

LALDAAS
10-31-2005, 11:19 AM
As for the holes in the first one (not that I recall any) I am sure this has to do with editing.They always do that. I have never seen the directors cut is there any extra footage?

I saw the trailer....Meh

Slow Play Ray
10-31-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but like ray said a voluntary suspension of disbelief was really necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP /images/graemlins/grin.gif

utmt40
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM
There was already a thread on this a few days back. Please try and understand the value of our search function...

WOW its like magic! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=38095 24&Searchpage=1&Main=3809524&Words=saw+&topic=&Sea rch=true#Post3809524)

10-31-2005, 02:20 PM
I have a credible source though /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yeti
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
What's so amusing is how easy it would have been for them all to survive if they'd used their brains for 30s.

10-31-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's so amusing is how easy it would have been for them all to survive if they'd used their brains for 30s.

[/ QUOTE ]

SAW 2 WRITER: I have an idea for a great sequel!

PRODUCER: Cool!

SAW 2 WRITER: We'll put all these folks in a house and tell them they are somehow linked and that their lives depend on figuring this link out.

PRODUCER: Awesome. So it will be a suspenseful thriller watching them try to piece this mystery together while having their personalities and perspectives (along with the evil mastermind) hinder the process.

SAW 2 WRITER: No. They'll just run around the house trying to kill each other for no apparent reason and we'll just explain the link at the end.

PRODUCER: Umm, okay.

istewart
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
This movie looked like [censored].

Yeti
10-31-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

SAW 2 WRITER: We'll put all these folks in a house and tell them they are somehow linked and that their lives depend on figuring this link out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, it wasn't even important to figure this out, either.

Nicholasp27
10-31-2005, 05:52 PM
i don't think there was a way to figure out the safe combination

spoiler:

<font color="white"> if they did figure out the safe combo, then the cop would never have 'made' jigsaw take him to the place and the son wouldn't have been in the safe the whole time...the house was just misdirection and used to tempt the cop to not 'follow the rules'...but jigsaw/protege didn't execute it perfectly, as psycho dude in the house woulda killed the son if the son hadn't killed him first...and the protege had no plan or method of stopping it...she wasn't packing or anything</font>

10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

spoiler:

<font color="white"> if they did figure out the safe combo, then the cop would never have 'made' jigsaw take him to the place and the son wouldn't have been in the safe the whole time...the house was just misdirection and used to tempt the cop to not 'follow the rules'...but jigsaw/protege didn't execute it perfectly, as psycho dude in the house woulda killed the son if the son hadn't killed him first...and the protege had no plan or method of stopping it...she wasn't packing or anything</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The flaws are almost endless since, as you say, she couldn't protect the son. So why intentionally enrage the people by revealing he is the son. Why even have these people in the house anyway -- what significance did they have if the goal is to "get the cop"? This movie just flat out stunk it up plot-wise, and probably will generate $180M.

JaBlue
10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
I liked this movie. It was suspenseful and got my heart beating despite its lack of believability, anticlimactic moments spoiler: when <font color="white"> the guy cuts off his neck skin then sticks it in his pocket LOL </font>, and general predictability. You just have to be in the right mood to watch something like this.

SoloAJ
10-31-2005, 06:43 PM
The worst part about this movie--as is the type with most mystery thrillers--was the audience. I had one of those idiotc girls behind me who just commentates throughout the movie. And ina terrible way. Either it is obvious stuff like "Don't crawl in there!" or "Oh that's blah blah blah" Well no sh*t sherlock, welcome to the movie. I tend to be pretty good about mystery thillers and I hate people that feel the need to incorrectly guess something different every 3 minutes.

Meh. The other thing I hate about this type of movie is the fact that people have a LOT of trouble understanding things about it. Everyone doesn't understand something simple and they want to talk about how stupid the characters are...Blah.

As an example.....: <font color="white"> The razors on the arms glass box contraption. First off, she was seconds from dying and delirious, so clearly logic is out the window but..."I would just stick my hand up in that same hole to push the razors up and get my hands out..she is stupid" Well, actually you wouldnt because there was a glass extension hanging down to about her elbows. It isnt like that cylinder would fit another hand.</font> Ugh. People suck sometimes.

Eihli
10-31-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So was that... and this.

Ogre
10-31-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As an example.....: <font color="white"> The razors on the arms glass box contraption. First off, she was seconds from dying and delirious, so clearly logic is out the window but..."I would just stick my hand up in that same hole to push the razors up and get my hands out..she is stupid" Well, actually you wouldnt because there was a glass extension hanging down to about her elbows. It isnt like that cylinder would fit another hand.</font> Ugh. People suck sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats what i thought at first too. <font color="white">I just thought why didnt they crack the glass open with the bat with nails. Then i saw that it tipped over and spilled. was it set up so you had to have both hands in there to get it out without spilling or was she just stupid? i dont remember.</font>

the other part i didnt like as much about the second one was <font color="white"> in the first saw there was an obvious reason why each of them were in the "game" and what they had to do to survive. saw 2 was more of a free for all.</font>

SoloAJ
11-01-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats what i thought at first too. <font color="white">I just thought why didnt they crack the glass open with the bat with nails. Then i saw that it tipped over and spilled. was it set up so you had to have both hands in there to get it out without spilling or was she just stupid? i dont remember.</font>

the other part i didnt like as much about the second one was <font color="white"> in the first saw there was an obvious reason why each of them were in the "game" and what they had to do to survive. saw 2 was more of a free for all....</font> ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Warik
11-01-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I had it figured out when <font color="white">I saw the first number on the first dead guy</font>.

Here it is:
<font color="white">
"You all possess pieces of the combination in the back of your mind." - The mind = in your head. Back of your head = hairy, so we'll look a little lower - your neck.

That's the key to getting all the numbers. What's the key to the order? "Over the rainbow." Rainbow - notice the fact that all the numbers on the necks were in different colors.

All colors of the rainbow. ROY G BIV. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

The order of the numbers are in the order of the colors of the rainbow.

It's perfect. It explains everything. There's no other possible solution. Too bad they didn't confirm this in the movie.</font>