PDA

View Full Version : Bluff bluff bluff

haakee
06-12-2003, 10:27 PM
7-handed 9-18 game with about 3 loose players, but it's usually 3-way on the flop for a raise. I believe I have a tight table image. An unknown who appears to play well limps in MP. Loose player limps in the cutoff. I raise on the button with K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . Loose big blind calls, limpers call. 4 to the flop for 4BB.

Flop comes 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . BB checks, MP bets, LP mucks, I raise. BB cold-calls and MP calls. 3 to the turn for 7BB.

Turn is A /forums/images/icons/club.gif (8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ). Checked to me and I bet to represent an ace or high pocket pair. Both players call. Pot is 10BB.

River is Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif (A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ). Checked to me and I bet.

Berate my play.

ender
06-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Berate my play. OKAY!

Preflop: I like your raise, assuming you know the players and they are bad, tight, or bad and tight. If you don't know the players, this is certainly a bad play, button or not.

Flop: Are you kidding me? I occasionally make this raise with AK or AQ. But with your hand, even if you hit, you might be dominated. This is certainly a losing play, even considering the size of the pot. Fold - you tried before the flop, but got bet into.

Turn: I would never be in this spot, so it's hard for me to figure out what to do. I guess betting is okay if you think the likelyhood of them folding justifies it. You state this is a loose game, however.

River: They both called the turn where there were no draws. They are not going to fold now. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. Check and save the BB.

You need to make adjustments for loose games. Image might not even be a factor in this game. You need to think about the board and what the other players have. Aggressive play might win, but not in this game. And most importantly, KJo is a piece of crap.

bad beetz
06-13-2003, 03:35 AM
Sometimes you have a problem of bluffing too much against really loose people who call with any pair. With that bullshit flop and three callers, there are pairs.

I guess there's some crazy permutation of cards where everyone is on a draw, but I think you're getting called on the turn and river.

I guess once you bet the turn you have to be the river to try and squeeze out anybody trying to hit their kicker, but it just seems hopeless. I hope they all folded, I'm sure that would be satisfying. you might want to show, and then never, never do this again at that table.
this is an icky hand, I'm glad I wasn't in it.

haakee
06-13-2003, 03:42 AM
BB folded and MP didn't think too much before calling. Turns out my read on him as being decent was wrong. He turned over J8o for flopped top pair after I showed my bluff. Oh well, no more bluffing for the evening. Somebody commented on his river call and he said he just had an instinct to call me down.