Stars $6 turbo NL SNG

UTG: (820 in chips)
CO: (645 in chips)
SB: (5000 in chips)
BB: (3705 in chips)
UTG: (3330 in chips)

Blinds are 75/150

UTG raises to 450. All fold to BB. BB calls

Flop 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets 450. UTG goes all-in. BB calls.

UTG has 44
BB has 66

Rest of hand is irrelevant.

I am trying to determine where the mistakes were made in this hand and who played it worse out of the 2 participants.

ChrisV
10-31-2005, 09:05 AM
UTG's raise is pretty awful. He shouldn't tangle with the big stacks. But I think BB played the hand worst. He played very passively. If he's going to be loose enough to stack off on a flop like that, then he'd be better off reraising preflop or check raising allin on the flop. That halfpot bet out doesn't solve anything.

Actually, I don't mind basically any line for BB other than the one he took. If UTG is LAG, then coming over the top preflop or on the flop is ok. If UTG is a more careful player then he should have a solid hand here, so out of position you need to either fold preflop or play for set value and check fold the flop.

I think both players played too loosely, which when you look at the result (two players with 20BB both stacking off with small pairs when there are two 4-6 BB stacks) isn't surprising.

therock
10-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Post deleted by therock

ChrisV
10-31-2005, 10:09 AM
You're looking at the wrong UTG. The shallow stacked one at the top is UTG+1. This makes sense given the order of listing and also the fact that if the short stacked guy was UTG, him "raising allin" on the flop would be impossible - he'd be calling allin.

tigerite
10-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Yup I noticed this too Chris.. both played it like total donks, let's be fair.

kiemo
10-31-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're looking at the wrong UTG. The shallow stacked one at the top is UTG+1. This makes sense given the order of listing and also the fact that if the short stacked guy was UTG, him "raising allin" on the flop would be impossible - he'd be calling allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies for this, the short stack UTG was indeed UTG+1 and he was out preflop.