PDA

View Full Version : I play bad at A-5 triple draw lowball?

Notorious G.O.B.
10-31-2005, 04:22 AM
I'll start at the second draw:
SB (Hero) draws 2, BB draws 2, UTG draws 2, CO draws 2, Button draws 1. Hero holds A2458. Hero bets, only UTG folds, four players to river. Hero stands pat, assuming that the stub is pretty dry.

Quicksilvre
10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll start at the second draw:
SB (Hero) draws 2, BB draws 2, UTG draws 2, CO draws 2, Button draws 1. Hero holds A2458. Hero bets, only UTG folds, four players to river. Hero stands pat, assuming that the stub is pretty dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play much TD, but I'll chime in...

Why stand pat? You have a great draw--any three, six or seven improves you, and two chances to hit it. I'd break it and go for a better hand.

Notorious G.O.B.
10-31-2005, 05:33 PM
This is going into the third draw, sorry if I confused you. I certainly wouldn't keep the 8 on the second draw. It's quite possible that keeping the eight going into the last draw was a mistake as well, but I'm unsure.

randomstumbl
10-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Doing a quick estimate, 2/3 of your outs are dead. So, you have about 4 outs to improve.

Based on that, I'd stand and probably check fold the river. It's certainly a close decision though.

goofball
11-01-2005, 07:14 PM
standing pat and checkfolding th eriver sucks against an opponent with any degree of creativity.

randomstumbl
11-02-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
standing pat and checkfolding th eriver sucks against an opponent with any degree of creativity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just assumed this was a .5/1 or 1/2 A-5 table on UB. That pretty well means that your opponents aren't going to be creative.

I think this is one of the common situations in TD where you can have amazing pot odds and still fold occasionally on the end. Though, I think it's a fairly marginal decision either way.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-02-2005, 10:19 PM
in multiway pots in a-5 pat 8's going into the last draw is like standing pat with a 9 in 2-7. mathematically you're favored, but sucks to play the river. esp. out of position.