PDA

View Full Version : (LC) Insignificant movie observation

bluefeet
10-31-2005, 03:46 AM
[Watching the first 15min of "Jack" on HBO today, before the start of the Lions game...]

Had you ever noticed that in every movie or TV show, where a character finds him/herself to be a new student in a school - said student ALWAYS has the added awkwardness of arriving, what appears to be, mid-lesson? The interruption at the teacher's door, the "presentation" before the students, the looooooooooong walk to an available seat....

I would hope in real life, parents would do their best to get the poor chap into his first class before the 1st bell.

NLSoldier
10-31-2005, 03:47 AM
I dont think OOT posts require the (LC) warning.

nubs
10-31-2005, 03:59 AM
Has this ever happened to anyone in real life? OOT is a large sample, is this just hollywood bs?

Escape
10-31-2005, 04:02 AM
If you want reality TV check out MTV.

captZEEbo1
10-31-2005, 04:04 AM
I witnessed this sort of thing in middle school before. I'm pretty sure the student arrived on time, but him and his parents were doing stuff with the principal...general talking and taking a tour maybe? Not really sure, but some sort of welcoming thing then.

theredwave
10-31-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has this ever happened to anyone in real life? OOT is a large sample, is this just hollywood bs?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how it happened to me, was sometime in middle school so I can't remember all that well. I was dropped off on time but I still had to pick up a class schedule and get assigned a locker and some other junk. After this somebody showed me to my first class, which was already half way over, and I was introduced by the teacher and had to say where I was from.

10-31-2005, 04:07 AM
Along the same lines, did anyone acutally have bullies in their high school like they depict in a lot of movies? I have never seen some jock call a kid "wimp" or "dork" and have certainly never seen someone hit a kids books out of his hands.

Tron
10-31-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Along the same lines, did anyone acutally have bullies in their high school like they depict in a lot of movies? I have never seen some jock call a kid "wimp" or "dork" and have certainly never seen someone hit a kids books out of his hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this was over by high school, but during middle school EVERYONE knocked everyone else's books out of their hands all the time. Man... Middle school sucked.

Blarg
10-31-2005, 04:22 AM
I saw this about ten million times all through school until college came around. It's worse in places with racial tension, where some guys are just spoiling for a confrontation every second of their lives.

theredwave
10-31-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw this about ten million times all through school until college came around. It's worse in places with racial tension, where some guys are just spoiling for a confrontation every second of their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, I saw two kids get stabbed and there was one shooting while I went to a school in Tampa. Confrotations were of course race related.