PDA

View Full Version : Is 2 off the button a trouble spot for PLO?

10-31-2005, 02:57 AM
Does anyone else notice that they make far less money 2 positions before the button than either 1 or 3? This funny little blip in my stats persists, and it's not due to a single big loss. I find that this tendency bleeds a little into my CO stats as well.

I've won only 5% of my hands in this postion (vs. 8% on either side). I've also only won 15% of the time I've seen the flop here (vs. 22-25% for Button, 1 off, 3 off and 4 off). My Won $ at SD % for 2 off the button is also abysmal (worse than BB in fact).

If it's helpful, my VP$IP generally increases smoothly as I approach the button. The only exception is a light decrease at this 2 off the button position.

Interestingly enough, I also have a smaller such blip at UTG+1. I'm wondering if I've figured oput how to play the blinds, early, middle and late well but not the transistions.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?

Tilt
10-31-2005, 11:17 AM
You need to buy position preflop more often. You don't have to be 2 off the button, if you crank up a raise preflop with a good hand you can chase away one or two behind you.

jhall23
10-31-2005, 02:41 PM
How many hands is this? It could easily be sample size issues. I just checked both my databases (nothing crazy like 12,000 hands). CO-1 is one of my biggest winners, 2nd best. C0 is #1 and Button #3.

My VPIP/PFR generally increases as I get to the button as well. I'm at about 30/9 in CO-1.

LA_Price
10-31-2005, 03:25 PM
the later your position the more you should make. raise more and play more.

Spellmen
10-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Over 70k CO-1 is my biggest winner as well

10-31-2005, 07:11 PM
It's based on about 23K with 8 or more players. With 5 to 7 players I actually do quite well in this position. This makes no sense to me since this position becomes stronger as more players are added.

My pre-flop stats for this postion are close to an average of my stats for positions 1 and 3 off, so I don't think I'm not raising enough (at least not compared to my play in other positions).

The problem must be my post flop play because this is where my stats are all wrong (low Won $ WSF %, low BB/100, low Went to SD, and low Won $ at SD %). The really wierd thing is that I have both a low see SD AND win at SD percentage here.

Maybe it's just a statistical anomaly, but I first noticed it over a month ago and it won't go away.

kipin
10-31-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just a statistical anomaly

[/ QUOTE ]

These were my thoughts as soon as I opened this post. Good to see this is what you now think is occurring.