PDA

View Full Version : Bring me down to earth please

10-31-2005, 02:39 AM
OK, I'm currently on my best roll ever for PLO. Over the last 4000 hands at the .10/25 level I'm up 1000 BB (that's Big Bets). My previous streaks have been like this:

first 2000 hands => +700 BB (I'm thinking I've figured this money train out)
next 5000 hands => +100 BB (I'm wondering if I had deluded myself)
next 2000 hands => +500 BB (OK, now I've figured this out)
12000 hands => +300 BB (WTF happened? Maybe I should change my account)
last 4000 hands => +1000 BB (Starting to feel I'm a $25 God)

This pretty much sums up my entire Omaha experience going back to early August when I started taking PLO rather seriously (it's also when I started posting here).

Does this sound like typical progress to you? By that I mean the cycle of hot and cool and their relative lengths.

joewatch
10-31-2005, 04:10 AM
1000bb/4000 hands = 25 bb/100. That's pretty good (not outrageous at all.) Probably not sustainable for the long term though.

Tilt
10-31-2005, 11:15 AM
So you are hitting ~ 10BB/100? That's decent. My theory is that your last 4000 btw are probably up because the fish factor at stars is high now due to the bonus and WSOP.

I have played with you, and have an observation based on seeing you a handful of times. Thats not a huge sample size, so correct me if I am off the mark....But I think you are primarily nut peddling. Thats generally appropriate for this level. But I also think 10BB/100 is all you are going to get for that.

To increase your winrate or to move up you need to strategically increase your aggression in manner that gets you paid off on your big hands. At this level it doesn't take much to convince a table that you are a bluffer. Their natural instinct is to call, so if you give them any reason to believe that you might be bluffing they will do so. Taking a few noticeable gambles that are not necessarily -EV but are of a more uncertain EV will help get their attention.

Or, you can continue to nut peddle and play more tables. I have recently started doing 8 tables of 25 and 50 PLO at a few sites now and am surprised by how much more manageable this is than I thought it would be.