PDA

View Full Version : OT: Can someone identify my problem?

Landon_McFly
10-31-2005, 12:51 AM
Here's the deal. I was pretty good at SNG's (or so I thought) then I bought SNG PT with the thinking that it would only make me BETTER at SNG's.

Since I purchased SNG PT I've dropped about 20 buy-ins and after EVERy SNG I take a look at my pushes, and they seem to be ALMOST ALWAYS +EV.

I'm fully aware this could be variance, but I was wondering if anyone else seemed to have the same problems when they first got SNG PT (not that SNG PT is rigged, lol) but I think SNG PT makes me play much more aggressive on the bubble.

Just wonderin if anyone else expierenced this

bones
10-31-2005, 12:53 AM
You can't seriously be asking this question with that signature.

rbear
10-31-2005, 12:55 AM
most likely variance... but I'd be sure to check my game for leaks. This happened to me recently. I had been playing a ton of MTT's, came back to STT'ing, and took a pretty substantial drop. I found that I was bluffing too much early game (which isn't really +ev in STT's). After adjusting, I still dropped a few buy ins, but everything has balanced out. I'd check for leaks, review hand histories, etc.
Hope everything turns out for you.

ilya
10-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Most likely your sample size is too small. However you might be using incorrect calling ranges for your opponents.

rbear
10-31-2005, 01:00 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooh74
10-31-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't seriously be asking this question with that signature.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

10-31-2005, 01:04 AM
Are you putting correct calling ranges? At low stakes, calling ranges frequently include some very interesting hands.

pooh74
10-31-2005, 01:05 AM
seriously not enough games for any question...but if it continues post some hands, with background and what ranges u used.

Landon_McFly
10-31-2005, 01:19 AM
I always use maniac.

At first I had them on tight, but I noticed that it didn't really matter once I changed it to maniac. It was the same recommendation. Out of the 50-100 hands I've looked at, MAYBE 5 told me to do something different when I changed it from Tight to maniac.

I've chalked it up to variance, but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced something like it.

Also, I would like to try to tune up my game and get rid of some leaks. What are some of the most common ones?

splashpot
10-31-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I would like to try to tune up my game and get rid of some leaks. What are some of the most common ones?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sucking.

SlackerMcFly
10-31-2005, 02:12 AM
Simple.

Change your signature to: "Luck is the residue of preparation"

Variation problems solved. Happy Halloween!

eastbay
10-31-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always use maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really isn't sufficient. At all.

10-31-2005, 03:14 AM
I find that it's often instructive to use SNGPT to determine after the fact what they should be calling with based on putting you on a hand range. For instance, assume they'll call correctly based on you pushing any two, and see what they're range should be, then use that as their actual range when looking at what you should be pushing.

For clarity, I'm not suggesting this exact method for every situation, but it's helpful in identifying times when villain's range will be much larger than maniac.