PDA

View Full Version : Got a $50 Gift Cert to Amazon.com. What should I get?

10-31-2005, 12:38 AM
Looking to get probably 2 more poker books. Here is what I have have read:

Super System 1 and 2
HoH 1 and 2
SSHE
Aces and Kings
One of a Kind
The Professor, Banker and Suidice King
The Making of a Poker Player
Caro's Book of Tells
WLLHE
The Psychology of Poker

I started out playing NL Holdem and got into Limit pretty hard about 8 months ago. Played that exclusively. Looking to move on to another game for a little while to expand my poker skills. Thinking about Omaha 8. What would be a good book for someone just learning Omaha 8? I was wanting to get 1 Omaha book and 1 general poker book. I really like the novel type entertainment reads but love the general poker strategy books (like ToP) too.

Thanks for the input.

Danny

cwsiggy
10-31-2005, 12:59 AM
Ray Zee - High-Low-Split Poker, Seven-Card Stud and Omaha Eight-or-better for Advanced Players - you already have SS2's Omaha 8 section, so even though it says advanced - just get this one. - $24

Poker Nation - Andy Bellin - $3.99!!

Both Amazon prices. - Use rest of dough to get a cd.

josh1122
10-31-2005, 02:12 AM
If you want to stick to hold'em get Weighing the Odds in Hold'em Poker by Yao and How Good is Your Limit Holdem by Jacobs and Brier.

I don't know much about books for other games other than the aforementioned Zee book.

Depalma
10-31-2005, 12:37 PM
I'll second cwsiggy's suggestion of Ray Zee's book for your Omaha8 selection and you also get 7 stud hi/lo as a bonus.

As for your general selection, I'd recommend Poker Essays I, II, and III.

11-01-2005, 01:21 AM
I just made the order on Amazon. Got the Zee book. Also got the 2 Ciaffone books (No Limit and Improve your poker). There was a deal on them and a friend recommended them.

Now, I should have enough to read for a least the next week. lol