PDA

View Full Version : Ironic Situations

Baseballer02
10-30-2005, 11:45 PM
I call my girlfriend of 10 months tonight. General conversation ensues and out of nowhere she comes out with "I don't know if I can do this anymore." I ask her what she means and she starts talking about how stressed she is about school, me and her arguing, and whatnot. She then says "I'm not sure if I wanna break up, I don't wanna do something I regret." I tell her to call me back when she gets her [censored] straight and hang up the phone. She calls me back about half an hour later and asks me, "Could we still be friends?" I respond with "Probably not." She's quiet for a minute then says "I can't be with you." I say "Alright. Well I love you, and goodbye." And hang up the phone...relationship over.

The ironic part is that for the past couple months I've really had no interest in this girl, but could never get the balls to go ahead and break up with her. But now rather than being joyous about now beind rid of her, I feel like [censored] that she's the one that broke up with me.

Thoughts?

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Get drunk and call her? What are you looking for here?

Eurotrash
this can't possibly end well for you, and I'm not even talking about the situation you describe in your post.

best of luck.

Weatherhead03
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like [censored] that she's the one that broke up with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like this when my girlfriend broke up with me in gr 7.

tonypaladino
get drunk, call her

edit: damnit patrick!

TheBlueMonster
10-30-2005, 11:48 PM
any time you end a relationship it's not gonna feel good. Part of the reason you feel crappy is that it wasn't on your terms; she caught you by suprise.

kipin
10-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Main Entry: iro·ny
Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler
1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony
2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

InchoateHand
10-31-2005, 12:03 AM
isn't that...

<font color="white"> No, its not. IT'S NOT [censored] IRONY YOU DUMB BITCH NOT [censored] IRONIC NOT [censored] IRONIC NOT [censored] IRONIC </font>

Los Feliz Slim
10-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Dont'cha think?

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Well now I feel like an ass for letting the irony thing go.

10-31-2005, 12:14 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I like your touch at the end "Alright. Well I love you, and goodbye"

So uncaring and straight forward, this is gold.

Klepton
10-31-2005, 01:11 AM
i wish all my relationships could end this fast and easy.

don't do anything stupid, she doesn't need to know that you were gonna break up with her anyway. this is all a power struggle. let it go.

mason55
10-31-2005, 04:30 AM
What's really ironic is I just got home and the 2p2 board software has changed and I am confused. Your thing is just a coincidence.

diebitter
10-31-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Her balls are bigger than yours.

I'm guessing you two argued because you wanted out, but were too chicken to kill it. She's killed it for you.

It's being dumped, not the fact SHE dumped you, that's bothering you. That and you don't like feeling such a chicken, too, maybe? (only you know for sure).

Under no circumstances reengage. It's your ego making you feel like this, not your heart.

Vavavoom
10-31-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The ironic part is that for the past couple months I've really had no interest in this girl, but could never get the balls to go ahead and break up with her. But now rather than being joyous about now beind rid of her, I feel like [censored] that she's the one that broke up with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't Irony....If u wanted to finish it - U would have....

U got dumped and now are bitter as a result...

mason55
10-31-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i wish all my relationships could end this fast and easy.

don't do anything stupid, she doesn't need to know that you were gonna break up with her anyway. this is all a power struggle. let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz what about your relationship with stolen bikes haha roflwtfbbq

eviljeff
10-31-2005, 03:09 PM
why would you tell her you love her right after breaking up and right before hanging up?

jakethebake
10-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Why the hell are you telling some girl you don't care about that you love her? This whole thing is very weird. You really wanted to get rid of her, but your ego is so big that you feel bad about getting dumped? Getting dumped can be a good thing. Move on.

edit: also, if you have no interest in her as a girlfriend, why not keep her as a friend? Unless you really just dislike her?