PDA

View Full Version : Sin City - DVD extras? (and Alba pics)

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-30-2005, 10:04 PM
So I got Sin City from Netflix and I'm ripping it to my laptop to watch while I travel this week (so I'm not spooling the DVD the whole time and burning my battery). I typically just take the main movie to save on disc space, but are there any extras worth ripping as well?

Oh yeah, and here's a couple pics for you:

http://www.desktopexchange.com/gallery/albums/Jessica-Alba-wallpaper/Jessica_Alba_5.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/173/3313/1024/Jessica-Alba.jpg

PokerCat69
10-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Shes so [censored] hot. Too bad she is only in the movie for like 5 minutes at the end.

Evan
10-30-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shes so [censored] hot. Too bad she is only in the movie for like 5 minutes at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I was really disappointed w/ the limited Alba action in that movie.

10-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks! I have been looking for a new wallpaper!

-Skeme-
10-30-2005, 10:21 PM
How do you watch DVDs on your computer? I can put the files on my computer via drag and drop, but I don't know how to play the .VOB type of files.

KneeCo
10-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Don't even bother burning it, wait for the Extended version coming around the holidays.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-30-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you watch DVDs on your computer? I can put the files on my computer via drag and drop, but I don't know how to play the .VOB type of files.

[/ QUOTE ]
Use DVD Shrink (file:///c:/Program%20Files/DVD%20Shrink/DVDShrink%20DVD%20Shrink%20freeware%20download.htm ) to rip an ISO and Daemon Tools (file:///c:/Program%20Files/DVD%20Shrink/DVDShrink%20DVD%20Shrink%20freeware%20download.htm ) to mount the ISO as a drive so you can watch it.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-30-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't even bother burning it, wait for the Extended version coming around the holidays.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no intention of burning it. I'm just ripping it to my laptop for convenience while travelling. This way, my battery lasts much longer and I can have a bunch of movies on my hard drive instead of dicking around with all the actual DVDs on the plane.

NLSoldier
10-30-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no intention of burning it. I'm just ripping it to my laptop for convenience while travelling. This way, my battery lasts much longer and I can have a bunch of movies on my hard drive instead of dicking around with all the actual DVDs on the plane.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a great idea.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-30-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a great idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I intend some day to have a hard drive large enough to hold a very significant number of movies and then just rip until it's full.

Jack of Arcades
10-30-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Use <a href="file:///c:/Program%20Files/DVD%20Shrink/DVDShrink%20DVD%20Shrink%20freeware%20download.htm" target="_blank">DVD Shrink</a> to rip an ISO and <a href="file:///c:/Program%20Files/DVD%20Shrink/DVDShrink%20DVD%20Shrink%20freeware%20download.htm" target="_blank">Daemon Tools</a> to mount the ISO as a drive so you can watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use DVD Decrypter (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/DVD-Decrypter.shtml) to rip the files in IFO mode and then Auto GK (http://www.autogk.me.uk/) to encode the file into avi format.

Overdrive
10-31-2005, 03:13 AM
There is a new recut version with more 'extras' of Sin City coming out on Dec. 3. It will be the one to have when it comes out.