PDA

View Full Version : Somebody call me when they fix the forum.

Guthrie
10-30-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm bouncing around all over the place. Every click brings a new post or response at random.

AngryCola
10-30-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm bouncing around all over the place. Every click brings a new post or response at random.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try flat mode instead.

10-30-2005, 10:18 PM
it brings up the most recent post.

handsome
10-30-2005, 11:40 PM
The upgrade severely limits searches. Now newbies actually have an excuse for posting newb-like threads. What's up with that..

JohnnyHumongous
10-30-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a way to revert back to the old system of showing the original post?

J_B
10-30-2005, 11:59 PM
<font color="white"> Nothing here. </font>

Guthrie
10-31-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did Matt farm the programming out to Party Poker?

Photoc
10-31-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did Matt farm the programming out to Party Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I just got a 2+2 beanie for having 1500 posts.

yellowjack
10-31-2005, 04:27 AM
Instead of clicking a topic that has multiple pages, click on the "1" so you're taken to the top of the first page. Problem solved.

AngryCola
10-31-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Instead of clicking a topic that has multiple pages, click on the "1" so you're taken to the top of the first page. Problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, you can't do that in threaded mode.

SlowStroke
10-31-2005, 09:50 AM
I hope they can undo this update.

The changes make the forum harder to read and use.

ChristinaB
10-31-2005, 09:52 AM
Fix the Search function. Allow multiple searches without being blocked.

tigerite
10-31-2005, 09:59 AM
And remove the ridiculous PM limit.

10-31-2005, 10:56 AM
This fix is unconsciously horrible. 2+2 is hardly even readable at this point.

Why would they fix something that isn't broken?

AngryCola
10-31-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And remove the ridiculous PM limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this stays, but it will probably be raised a bit.

MelK
10-31-2005, 02:11 PM
So, you're not Angry anymore?

AngryCola
10-31-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This fix is unconsciously horrible. 2+2 is hardly even readable at this point.

Why would they fix something that isn't broken?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's plenty readable. Threaded mode is actaully better this way. Still, it will undoubtedly take some getting used to. If you don't like it, flat mode still works just the same as it did before, as far as I know.

The only thing that I think should be changed is how unread posts are no longer highlighted inside threads when viewing in threaded mode. The new icons are not as good as the highlights for this purpose.

mattw
10-31-2005, 02:26 PM
i dislike opening a thread and having the most recent post being shown. now i have to click on the OP to understand what is going on. was this intentional and what is the logic? i also find it hard to distingish between what i have read and what are new posts. can we get more attention focused on the near useless search funciton?

AngryCola
10-31-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
can we get more attention focused on the near useless search funciton?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you guys find this hard to believe, but the search issue has already been pointed out to Chuck and Mat many times.Just be patient and give Chuck a few days to sort through all the new features and settings.

[ QUOTE ]
i dislike opening a thread and having the most recent post being shown.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually the most recent unread post. This was always the default for flat mode before the upgrade, so the only change is for threaded mode users. I've already mentioned this gripe to the big wigs, so we'll see how things go.

Pokeraddict
10-31-2005, 02:40 PM
When I do a few searches I get "You can run another search at this time" and the screen width does not fit on my laptop either. It runs over when threads become long. Maybe we need a "classic" version like Windows has.

AngryCola
10-31-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I do a few searches I get "You can run another search at this time"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We know.

[ QUOTE ]
the screen width does not fit on my laptop either. It runs over when threads become long. Maybe we need a "classic" version like Windows has.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like an issue with your machine, as I've not heard this problem from anyone else.

Pokeraddict
10-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Also you cant click on the forum title to go back to page 1 anymore. You have to scroll down to bottom and click 1. Not a big deal but it was a nice feature.

AngryCola
10-31-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also you cant click on the forum title to go back to page 1 anymore. You have to scroll down to bottom and click 1. Not a big deal but it was a nice feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I understand what you are getting at, but that's a very minor issue. I'm pretty sure people can live with it.