PDA

View Full Version : Fair Use Policy, OOT decides

d10
10-30-2005, 09:38 PM
In OOT tradition, the results of this poll will be binding.

I was out with this girl that I work with, and learned that she has family around where I grew up (DC area). She's going up there during Christmas/NY for a couple weeks. I'll also be up there during that time. She hasn't been there often and isn't familiar with the area, so I said we should get together and I'll show her around the city. She agrees that this is a great idea and gives me her number. But that's like 2 months away, so the question is, does having this information entitle me to call her whenever I want, or am I expected to only use it for the purpose it was given to me for?

Possibly an important factor to consider is that this girl currently has a bf, which I don't know too much about, but my initial impression is to rank this as a small obstacle. I'll need to get more information about that this week.

WDC
10-30-2005, 09:49 PM
talk to her at work

CardSharpCook
10-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Possibly an important factor to consider is that this girl currently has a bf, which I don't know too much about, but my initial impression is to rank this as a small obstacle.

Lame.

manpower
10-30-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
talk to her at work

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the answer. Feel out the situation a little more.

d10
10-30-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
talk to her at work

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be happening no matter what the results of the poll are. But the goal is to start a relationship outside of work. I think the natural next step would be making personal phone calls common and expected. I can think of reasons to wait until I got home for this, and also reasons to give it a try this week, so I'll let OOT decide which way it goes.

d10
10-30-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Possibly an important factor to consider is that this girl currently has a bf, which I don't know too much about, but my initial impression is to rank this as a small obstacle.

Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's certainly not the best situation, but I think it's manageable.

joshman1204
10-30-2005, 11:11 PM
you havent given us enough info to make a devent decision. you need to feel this out a little more at work to see what the actual situation is with her and the current boyfriend.

d10
10-30-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you havent given us enough info to make a devent decision. you need to feel this out a little more at work to see what the actual situation is with her and the current boyfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, which is what makes leaving the decision up to an OOT poll all the more fun.

woodguy
10-30-2005, 11:21 PM
When a girl shows interest, regardless of circumstance, it is a big green light.

Proceed.

Regards,
Woodguy

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Quit trying to steal girls away from their boyfriends, douchebag.

MINETZ
10-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Get drunk, then call her.

SackUp
10-30-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quit trying to steal girls away from their boyfriends, and just make it fcking happen and report back when she posts everything about it on her blog!

[/ QUOTE ]

slickpoppa
10-30-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Have some fvcking decency. And any girl that would cheat on her boyfriend isnt worth it anyway.

d10
10-30-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Have some fvcking decency. And any girl that would cheat on her boyfriend isnt worth it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about her cheating on her boyfriend? If my read is any good, and it probably is, she's looking to get rid of him. If I'm right this will happen no matter what I do, so it's not even stealing on my part either.

d10
11-02-2005, 08:30 PM
It was a close vote, but OOT decided 45-34 to call her. And now I have a date this weekend. Congratulations, OOT, you've done well. Whoever says this is the worst place on the internet to turn to for dating advice obviously does not know what they are talking about. Now I just need to find something to do in Enterprise, AL that isn't painfully boring, and a restaurant nicer than Applebees.