PDA

View Full Version : I hate this situation

Huskiez
10-30-2005, 09:31 PM
I am trying to figure out the best way to play this type of hand and could use some help. It comes up pretty often.

Effective stack size is $420.

2-4 NL Party 10 handed

Preflop: Hero is UTG and raises to 12 with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP1, MP2, Button, and BB call. 5 to the flop.

Flop ($62): T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks. Hero bets 45. MP1 calls. Rest fold.

Turn ($152): 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

What is your plan for both the turn and river? 365 behind for Hero.

ryanghall
10-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Does raising KJs 3x BB UTG work out well for you often?

creedofhubris
10-31-2005, 01:47 AM
Something with a check in it, I think.

Check/call, check/raise and fold to allin (since you have no redraws).

10-31-2005, 01:49 AM
I don't think you have enough to fold. I either push, or try and check/push depending on players.

creedofhubris
10-31-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you have enough to fold. I either push, or try and check/push depending on players.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

Hero has 2.5x the pot behind, of course he can fold.

Chaostracize
10-31-2005, 02:18 AM
What amount are you check raising to that would allow a fold??

Edit: I think I misread. You need work with comma usage. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chaostracize
10-31-2005, 02:22 AM
This is moot, but bet full pot on the flop. I don't hate check-raising a field this large either.

On the turn I think I just half pot it. I don't like check-calling at all. Too many questions on the river, and a fourth club would be 100% gag worthy. Do you bet the river for value on a non club?

I vote for bet-fold here.

Lucky
10-31-2005, 03:33 AM
fold PF. As it it, bet pot on flop.

On turn, I probably bet half pot and fold to raise. Maybe I check and fold to 2/3 pot or more bet.

kagame
10-31-2005, 04:08 AM
betting less than the same % of the pot on the turn as he bet on the flop is just ASKING a good aggressive player to take this pot away with whatever they may have

also, betting half the pot gives a lone club or a set decent odds, and youll have a hard time folding the river if the board pairs

check or nearly pot it, dont do this silly less than half the pot nonsense, you wont get anything approaching reliable information and dont protect your hand

Huskiez
11-01-2005, 01:36 PM
After reading the responses, it seems there is no real consensus as to a best play yet.

As kagame said, I wouldn't want to bet half pot on turn because it shows weakness and I think a decent player would raise or call with the intention of taking the pot away from me on the river.

I did check on the turn and Villain bet 125. He is pretty much making me play my stack with this bet. I think it's a pretty easy hand to play if Villain checks behind, as I can block the river.

However when he does bet, I have a difficult decision. Raise or fold? I don't really like calling as that puts all the controls in his hand for the river. My thought process at the time was that he would bet that card because it is probably one I did not want to see. And also, what are the chances he really holds the flush, considering he could have called that flop bet with a wide variety of holdings?

So I decided to push. But I will lose my whole stack here if he does have a flush.

Maybe bet-fold is better, as it takes some balls to push over the top or stay in the hand without a flush on that board. But what if he pushes all in with A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q or A /images/graemlins/club.gif J and I incorrectly fold? And if he calls, I pretty much assume he has the flush, when he could have just the A /images/graemlins/club.gif and take it away from me on the river.

Any more thoughts?

Huskiez
11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
He had A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif.