PDA

View Full Version : *Official Preseason NCAA Basketball Thread*

MEbenhoe
10-30-2005, 09:12 PM
college basketball season is right around the corner and its time to start talking smack, making ridiculous claims, and calling other teams crap.

As a Duke fan, this is quite an exciting year for me, as I believe this is the strongest team they've had since their last national championship, and I'm hoping another championship season is in the works.

so lets hear it college bball fans. also, throw out some random wagers, i'm willing to take a few bets from 2+2ers on duke, but likely will only take them from people i recognize.

Voltron87
10-30-2005, 09:22 PM
it never gets old to me that you are a duke and yankee fan. and are from the midwest. whats wrong with your schools basketball team?

also, dead needs to come back to this forum.

MEbenhoe
10-30-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it never gets old to me that you are a duke and yankee fan. and are from the midwest. whats wrong with your schools basketball team?

[/ QUOTE ]

i cheer for marquette too, and occasionally the badgers, but theres not as much to be excited about with marquette this year.

Clarkmeister
10-30-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i cheer for marquette too, and occasionally the badgers, but theres not as much to be excited about with marquette this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the very definition of "I'm a bandwagoner". /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MEbenhoe
10-30-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the very definition of "I'm a bandwagoner". /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

if anything i'd be a bandwagon marquette fan as i've been a duke fan longer....

Vince Young
10-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Texas for the trifecta!

mmbt0ne
10-30-2005, 09:59 PM
GT not looking too strong this year, will hopefully make the tournament. BTW, them not getting a single vote in the ESPN/USA Today poll is bogus.

UK is going to be something serious though.

pokerdirty
10-30-2005, 10:01 PM
NCAAB? *yawn*

let me know when march comes around.

MEbenhoe
10-30-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh

Duke >>>>>>UK

Aytumious
10-31-2005, 12:49 AM
How can you not be a fan of the team with the best coach in college basketball, Bo Ryan?

Clarkmeister
10-31-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you not be a fan of the team with the best coach in college basketball, Bo Ryan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, they are only worth rooting for "some of the time". /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kyro
10-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Go Penn State. Let's try to finish with a .333 record this year!

rwesty
10-31-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, they are only worth rooting for "some of the time". /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing it's usually when they have a good chance of winning. You wouldn't want to be cheering for a team that might lose. That would be embarrassing.

kschellenger
10-31-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen Wisconsin's schedule? Only 2 non-conference road games. Granted it is Wake Forest and Pitt, I hope Bo schedules a little tougher teams in the next years.

hoyaboy1
10-31-2005, 02:14 AM
Hoyas with a very good shot at the NCAAs this year

Aytumious
10-31-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen Wisconsin's schedule? Only 2 non-conference road games. Granted it is Wake Forest and Pitt, I hope Bo schedules a little tougher teams in the next years.

[/ QUOTE ]

The non-conference schedule is weak. I think it is a good thing this year since we will be relying on many young players to step up. I'm excited to see the best recruiting class in the Big Ten in action.

MEbenhoe
10-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Are you guys really this obsessed that you have to turn every thread i ever post in related to sports in anyways into this type of stupidity.

Voltron: i'm pretty sure you've never even said what team you cheer for.

Clark: just curious how are you an Illinois fan?

i'm sick of you stupid [censored] telling me that because you dont like it i cant be a fan of teams i've been a fan of since i was 4 years old. if i were possibly to abandon them now would that not make me the worst fan ever?

so whatever you retards say, i'm going to enjoy this basketball season a lot, and when Duke wins the national championship they'll have accomplished something Clark's stupid little Illinois team last year didn't.

mmbt0ne
10-31-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh

Duke >>>>>>UK

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I'm not saying otherwise. But my grandfather taught there, was Dean of the Athletic Dorms there, had lunch with Adolph Rupp and Bear Bryant there, and my mom's side of the family all went there. So I'm allowed to cheer for them. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bugstud
10-31-2005, 12:15 PM
I imagine clark going to college at illinois is probably part of the reason /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MEbenhoe
10-31-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I imagine clark going to college at illinois is probably part of the reason /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats what i was curious to know, i wasnt trying to say that he wasnt a true fan or anything, just wondering.

Clarkmeister
10-31-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clark: just curious how are you an Illinois fan?

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon. Your memory isn't *that* bad.

[ QUOTE ]
something Clark's stupid little Illinois team last year didn't

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, when you take a tone like that, I know I've already won whatever the heck we were arguing about. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eurotrash
11-01-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it never gets old to me that you are a duke and yankee fan. and are from the midwest.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, never gets old for me either. but let's not forget that he also liked the Bulls back in the early/mid 90s /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

having gotten the requisite MEbenhoe bandwagon comment out of the way, I'll say that I'm also ready for college basketball to start.

MEbenhoe
11-01-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it never gets old to me that you are a duke and yankee fan. and are from the midwest.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, never gets old for me either. but let's not forget that he also liked the Bulls back in the early/mid 90s /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is completely untrue /images/graemlins/frown.gif i've never been a fan of an nba team other than the bucks.

flatline
11-01-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
NCAAB? *yawn*

let me know when march comes around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with ya, this is the most meaningless regular season in sports.