PDA

View Full Version : Stars Chip Set or Jacket?

sammy_g
10-30-2005, 09:02 PM
I've been playing at Stars a lot since all this Party nonsense, and I finally have enough FPP for some of the nicer items in the store. Should I order the chip set or the wool jacket with leather sleeves or something else? How are the quality of these items?

Kablooie
10-30-2005, 09:10 PM
standard disclaimer that the FPP tournaments are probably a better way to spend your FPP's.

The jacket is really nice, very good quality - and will typically cause complete strangers to start asking you about online poker if my experiences are anything to go by. But you probably will never want to wear it to a house game...

GrannyMae
10-30-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing at Stars a lot since all this Party nonsense, and I finally have enough FPP for some of the nicer items in the store. Should I order the chip set or the wool jacket with leather sleeves or something else? How are the quality of these items?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars wool/leather jacket is stone cold nuts!
a GREAT garment by any standards.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/f/hump.gif

kdog
10-30-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stars wool/leather jacket is stone cold nuts!
a GREAT garment by any standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear this Granny. Ordered mine last night so now you won't be the only overweight middle aged guy wearing one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey...sigs are back

2+2 wannabe
10-30-2005, 10:41 PM
save them for the upcoming stars vip program

TheNoodleMan
10-31-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is probably good advice. Something tells me that if you can buy into WPT event with points (as Lee Jones implied) then they'll be quick to give you swag to wear at it for advertising reason.

augie00
10-31-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad advice simply because, if he doesn't have enough FPPs to buy 10 leather jackets and 10 chip sets, then he won't have enough to actually get something GOOD in the VIP program. Want a world series package? That will be 1 million FPPs please.

Rasputin
10-31-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad advice simply because, if he doesn't have enough FPPs to buy 10 leather jackets and 10 chip sets, then he won't have enough to actually get something GOOD in the VIP program. Want a world series package? That will be 1 million FPPs please.

[/ QUOTE ]

More to the point, there's no guarantees that FPP points are going to be involved in the VIP program.

MikeSmith
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
The stars wool jacket is ugly as sin but would have been great to go as moneymaker for halloween, now all you need are oakleys.

Big Bend
10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
I got the chip set.. it was pretty nice. Now I use my FPPs to enter 1000 pt satellites to the sunday big turneys. The big black parka is nice too.. duno bout the leather jacket.

L8r... BB

Bluffoon
10-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Seriously the Jacket blows. I am not mr style by any means and I wouldnt be caught dead in it. When I get around to it it is going in the goodwill box. The chips are usable but a little light. You can buy a way better set inexpensively. Use your FPP's for tourney buyins.

mbpoker
10-31-2005, 12:51 PM
>More to the point, there's no guarantees that FPP points are going to be involved in the VIP program.

That and it's unlikely old FPPs will be involved.

Wee Stinker
10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
The chip set: good quality apart from the box itself which is a bit fragile and can be easily damaged by young children and/or drunk people. The chips themselves are great which I suppose is the whole point huh?

The jacket: good quality garment but don't order an extra large unless you are
- really enormously hugely large or
- need a tent or
- want to work as a doorman at a bar or
- want to look three times as wide as you actually are.

Paint and bloodstains also don't come out easily but then they both add character.

lighterjobs
10-31-2005, 06:56 PM
i would order 500 fossilman posters.

sammy_g
11-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I sent a picture of the PokerStars letterman's jacket to a girl I'm interested in, and she said, "Yuck."

Guess I'm getting the chip set.

Homer
11-01-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sent a picture of the PokerStars letterman's jacket to a girl I'm interested in, and she said, "Yuck."

Guess I'm getting the chip set.

[/ QUOTE ]

<<Whip sound>>

sammy_g
11-01-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<<Whip sound>>

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

Nah, I just trust her fashion sense more than mine...

11-01-2005, 10:36 PM
The jacket looks like crap.