PDA

View Full Version : 22: Reckless pushbot?

HighestCard
10-30-2005, 08:51 PM
The big blind has been the super LAG type, calling all continuation bets, betting every hand he sees a flop with, thinks top pair is the nuts, ect. Small blind is loose passive. Blinds go up in 4 hands. Good push or too early?

Seat 2: Aniello ($960 in chips)
Seat 3: danbes2_13 ($2,110 in chips)
Seat 5: DHB ($1,435 in chips)
Seat 6: HERO [ AH,8H ] ($1,170 in chips)
Seat 7: Rushtime ($3,610 in chips)
Seat 8: devilfish125 ($5,715 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
Rushtime posts blind ($50), devilfish125 posts blind ($100).

PRE-FLOP
Aniello folds, danbes2_13 folds, DHB folds, HERO bets $1,170 and is all-in

Thanks for the imput,

HC

tigerite
10-30-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm not a huge fan of this move, no.

Simplistic
10-30-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The big blind has been the super LAG type, calling all continuation bets, betting every hand he sees a flop with, thinks top pair is the nuts, ect. Small blind is loose passive. Blinds go up in 4 hands. Good push or too early?

Seat 2: Aniello ($960 in chips)
Seat 3: danbes2_13 ($2,110 in chips)
Seat 5: DHB ($1,435 in chips)
Seat 6: HERO [ AH,8H ] ($1,170 in chips)
Seat 7: Rushtime ($3,610 in chips)
Seat 8: devilfish125 ($5,715 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
Rushtime posts blind ($50), devilfish125 posts blind ($100).

PRE-FLOP
Aniello folds, danbes2_13 folds, DHB folds, HERO bets $1,170 and is all-in

Thanks for the imput,

HC

[/ QUOTE ]
with 10+BB i prefer a raise to 3x.

golfcchs
10-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Not a good push. With both blinds only calling 66+,ATs+,AJo+ you are only .03% by ICM and I bet their ranges are somewhat looser than this.

10-30-2005, 10:04 PM
I think you should tighten up your pushing hands cuz with a super lag player WITH chips at a table cuz

1. Your FE is lower
2. Give him time, and hell kill alot of the other players too.

10-30-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And one of the blinds will push over you a lot of the time here.

It's not a great pushing opportuniy at this stage, as another poster pointed out above. What he didn't mention was that there's effectively no range you can put them on which makes it an especially bad play, either. If they're tight enough you profit slightly from them folding, if they're loose enough what you lose by them calling you more you make up for by being ahead just often enough when it happens.

Given the chipstacks and your position, you're in a crappy spot unless a couple people get stupid soon. I'd probably push this at least some of the time depending on the immediate situation (if it's the first aggression I've shown, I'd be more likely to do it). If it doesn't work out, you move on to the next one. The fact that you're going to get hit with the next blind increase first might be a factor in the decision too, as is how much more likely you are to get away with pushing past the big stacks as opposed to into them.

Simplistic
10-30-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a great pushing opportuniy at this stage, as another poster pointed out above. What he didn't mention was that there's effectively no range you can put them on which makes it an especially bad play, either. If they're tight enough you profit slightly from them folding, if they're loose enough what you lose by them calling you more you make up for by being ahead just often enough when it happens.

Given the chipstacks and your position, you're in a crappy spot unless a couple people get stupid soon. I'd probably push this at least some of the time depending on the immediate situation (if it's the first aggression I've shown, I'd be more likely to do it). If it doesn't work out, you move on to the next one. The fact that you're going to get hit with the next blind increase first might be a factor in the decision too, as is how much more likely you are to get away with pushing past the big stacks as opposed to into them.

[/ QUOTE ]what levels are people playing back? at the 20s they sure as hell aren't.

tjh
10-30-2005, 10:25 PM
This is close enough that I would say depending on reads it would be correct to fold or push. Raising it up a little against the big stack is not a good plan.

If the big stacks are pushing around the little guys then perhaps you can wait.

If first aggression by you then add a few points FE to the move so perhaps you can push.

This one is close. Depends on the nature of the players I am playing with.

--
tjh

ChrisV
10-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Don't try to steal the blind of a known LAG with 6,000 chips when you don't even need it.

mlagoo
10-30-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]what levels are people playing back? at the 20s they sure as hell aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

the OPs read was that the BB was a "super LAG."

I think it stands to reason that a "super LAG" would come over your 3xBB raise a fair amount of the time, putting you to a tough decision. In fact the only real reason to raise 3x would be to induce a bluff, and I'm not really into the idea of inducing bluffs with a hand as marginal as A8s.

So, in this situation, it's really push or fold. I would probably fold here and look for opportunities to attack the blinds of someone tighter, or looking to find a hand (we aren't really in desperation mode yet) to double through the hyperLAG with.

Simplistic
10-30-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the OPs read was that the BB was a "super LAG."

I think it stands to reason that a "super LAG" would come over your 3xBB raise a fair amount of the time, putting you to a tough decision. In fact the only real reason to raise 3x would be to induce a bluff, and I'm not really into the idea of inducing bluffs with a hand as marginal as A8s.

So, in this situation, it's really push or fold. I would probably fold here and look for opportunities to attack the blinds of someone tighter, or looking to find a hand (we aren't really in desperation mode yet) to double through the hyperLAG with.

[/ QUOTE ]is a superlag who you predict is going to come over the top, what's his hand range then? any 2?

mlagoo
10-30-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is a superlag who you predict is going to come over the top, what's his hand range then? any 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think it stands to reason that a "super LAG" would come over your 3xBB raise a fair amount of the time, putting you to a tough decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, with a fair amount of hands. SCs, any pair, K8+, Ax, Q8+, J9+. something like that.

it's not a matter of whether this situation is +EV (and I'm not conceding that it is). it's whether we need to sacrifice all of our chips in a marginally +EV situation where we can likely find more +EV situations later (inasmuch as we still have plenty of chips, we can probably double through BB if we do find a hand, and others may well go out before us if we do not).

Simplistic
10-30-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is a superlag who you predict is going to come over the top, what's his hand range then? any 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think it stands to reason that a "super LAG" would come over your 3xBB raise a fair amount of the time, putting you to a tough decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, with a fair amount of hands. SCs, any pair, K8+, Ax, Q8+, J9+. something like that.

it's not a matter of whether this situation is +EV (and I'm not conceding that it is). it's whether we need to sacrifice all of our chips in a marginally +EV situation where we can likely find more +EV situations later (inasmuch as we still have plenty of chips, we can probably double through BB if we do find a hand, and others may well go out before us if we do not).

[/ QUOTE ]i agree with you however there's not many situations where i'm going to fold an ace with a mid kicker 5 handed with position.

HighestCard
10-31-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To put his calling range in perspective, he called a 1K chip stack's all in with 97 off suit from the small blind.

If he saw a flop he was betting it EVERY time. Raising is completly out of the question.