PDA

View Full Version : The Writing's On The Wall

Jeffage
10-30-2005, 08:22 PM
50-100 online. I have K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB. 6 handed game. Folded to button, a typical aggro, but not nuts player who raises. I reraise. BB now caps (don't know him). Button calls. I call. Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I check, BB bets, button raises, I reraise, BB drops and button calls. Turn is the 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, button raises, I puke and call. The turn is the 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check, he bets.

Now what? What about the turn?

Thanks,
Jeff

10-30-2005, 08:42 PM
I prolly drop to turn raise. He's not calling a cap pf with a weaker K than mine so he either has AK , maybe KQ or split but more likly a flush or set. Given his action I think I'm way behind. His call of your 3-bet on flop and raise turn is strong hand and he wouldn't involve himself so deeply in a 3-way capped pot without a hand that beats yours on the turn in my mind.

mc1023
10-30-2005, 08:52 PM
You gotta call this river imo, pot's too big.

if your going fold this river, fold the turn.

charlieD
10-30-2005, 09:04 PM
with the flop action i would read your opponent for either a good made hand thats probably ahead of you, or a strong draw. with that turn card coming off and your opponent raising, i'm struggling to invent hands that you can beat.
i fold to the turn raise. but after you called the turn i think you have to call the river.

Jeffage
10-30-2005, 09:23 PM
What about something like Ac7x that made a bad call preflop when it got back to him and then played his hand aggressively postflop? KQ (same hand as me)? AQ with Ace clubs that was trying to push me out on the flop?

Obviously, it is more likely I'm in very bad shape here. But is this an automatic turn fold in these aggressive online games? I'm getting pretty good odds on calling the turn (12.5-1) but of course I could be in very bad shape.

Jeff

mscags
10-30-2005, 09:49 PM
I think it is very close Jeff, but I think you need to let it go on the turn. That card helps a ton of hands that the button could open with. Not to mention you don't have a club, which doesn't help at all. There aren't a lot of hands that I like your chances against. Even agaisnt two pair you only have 4 clean outs at max not to mention the strong chance you're drawing dead already.

Victor
10-30-2005, 09:51 PM
i call down but i am paranoid and i like to yell at the screen and bitch at my opponent for playing k10 or 89c.

SA125
10-31-2005, 02:20 AM
He'd play KQo with the Qc the same way.

psyduck
10-31-2005, 05:26 AM
Drop it on the turn raise or call the river.

charlieD
10-31-2005, 08:27 AM
personally if i make a button steal with A7o or something like that and it gets capped back to me i'm passing. on the other hand if i'm stealing with 89s or something similar and it's capped back to me i'm seeing the flop.

Jeffage
10-31-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone. I feel I should have folded to the turn raise but didn't b/c the pot was large, game was short and aggro. But, it was a bad call I think. Anyway...my opponent had K-10, so I lost. More responses welcome.

Jeff