PDA

View Full Version : WILD shorthanded 2-4

DiamondDave
06-12-2003, 03:12 PM
4-handed 2-4 game. Tight solid on my left, wild aggressive across from me, slightly loose aggressive on my right. SLA folds, I raise on the button with AQo, TS folds, WA reraises from the BB.

This guy has been betting and raising any two cards for the last two dozen hands. We've played a few hundred hours together, and I can see that the Animal Spirits have taken him. Again.

I can't let him get the best of it by always betting or raising when the action is to him, I've folded to him the last umpteen times in a row, my hand looks like it might just win without improvement, looks like I'm going to the river with this one, so I just call so I don't give away my hand.

Flop comes 8c5c8s. Ick. There is no way to put this guy on a hand, and I know he is going to bet no matter what.

He bets. (I still have cards.)
I raise. (You don't have $**t.)
He makes it three bets. (I really wish you'd fold.)
I call. (Whatever. See you on the river.)

The turn is a red three.
He bets. (This should scare him.)
I raise. (You give this kind of action with any two cards.)
He three bets. (I'm going to represent the nuts.)
I make it four bets. (You've been representing the nuts every hand for the last half hour, and many times you've had no pairs.)
He makes it 5 bets. (F*** you, Dave.)
I make it 6. (When you see this hand at the showdown, you'll know that I know that you bet like this with nothing.)
He makes it seven bets. (I am going to be in charge no matter what you do.)
I call. (I don't really want to bet that much. I'm just making a point.)

The river is a very friendly red ace.
I bet. (I have a pair now.)
He raises. (You're representing a hand, eh? Well, I've got one!)
I call. (I am genuinely curious.)

He shows down A9o like BOOM! I GOTCHA! I flip the winning hand and start stacking chips. - /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

CMangano
06-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Man, my maniac stories never seem to end like this, but I am glad yours did.

lefty rosen
06-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Where was this game played? I'm guessing pokerroom?

DiamondDave
06-12-2003, 05:38 PM
BTW, just so you guys don't think I'm a maniac, lemme tell ya about a hand I played at a local card club last weekend.

3/6 hold'em, full table, loose and passive. Two new players in the game. They're both middle-aged men. They were both in early position, and neither had shown down a hand yet. I had the button.

UTG limps, new player #1 raises, new player #2 makes it three bets. A couple of people call. Sweet! Action!

I look down, see A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif, hesitate for a second, and muck.

One of the blinds cap it. Six to the flop for three bets each. It's a ragged rainbow that contains an ace.

Checks around. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Hmmm. Maybe these new players like to check the flop and raise the turn.

The turn is a red three. I sit back and prepare to enjoy the fireworks. Checks around. WTF?!? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

The river is another brick, new player #1 bets out, gets called, and shows down A7o, and takes the pot with a lone pair.

I went on to win 77 BBs in 7 hours that day.