PDA

View Full Version : How should I invest 7 grand that isn't mine?

10-30-2005, 07:38 PM
After a series of political manuevers and thrusts, some which quite frankly would make Stalin blush, I have taken the throne of power at one of my college's undergrad societies (now I know what youre thinking, and the answer is No, there was no dick sucking involved)

This society has 7 g's which is sitting in a checking account earning 0.000001ish interest yearly.

Where do you think it belongs?

(embezzlement/laundering will be addressed at a later time, obviously)

10-30-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After a series of political manuevers and thrusts, some which quite frankly would make Stalin blush, I have taken the throne of power at one of my college's undergrad societies (now I know what youre thinking, and the answer is No, there was no dick sucking involved)

This society has 7 g's which is sitting in a checking account earning 0.000001ish interest yearly.

Where do you think it belongs?

(embezzlement/laundering will be addressed at a later time, obviously)

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy some coke, resell it. OR try looking at Emigrant direct, 4% interest, and its liquid.

nomadtla
10-30-2005, 07:46 PM
I can PM you my Stars account name if you'd like /images/graemlins/smile.gif

blendedsuit
10-30-2005, 07:48 PM
I recommend QTWW traded on nasdaq. This is Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Currently it is trading at low levels and is a value buy. The company has a modest price/sales ratio of 1.7 and is ready for a bounce. You could easily double your money in a month or so. Feel free to send any questions my way.

manpower
10-30-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recommend QTWW traded on nasdaq. This is Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Currently it is trading at low levels and is a value buy. The company has a modest price/sales ratio of 1.7 and is ready for a bounce. You could easily double your money in a month or so. Feel free to send any questions my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't recommend investing it all in one stock, although some sort of portfolio might not be too bad. It's only 7k though, I just call a bank and have them set up a better account.

10-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Yep, buying 7k of cocaine and selling it would roughly double your money.

BCPVP
10-30-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm sure you could finish up goal number three if you slip the girl a grand or two...

MrTrik
10-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Given that it's a small amount, and given that it isn't your money, your options are very limited. I'd probably see if you can participate in TBills or some other low risk deal or just break down and do a CD. Investing this in any single security like stocks or bonds, or even a mutual fund in this environment seems too risky since it's not your money.

The real answer in this situation is get a finance guy and he'll figure it out and be answerable if things don't go well. But with $7K, that doesn't even make sense.

I'm just a guy with an opinion. Seek advice from a professional.

Another option is keg parties. That amound of money can BR you for a long time and my experience tells me there is good money in college parties if you are smart about it.

The Yugoslavian
10-30-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hookers and blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

-- Rojoh

Yugoslav

jnalpak
10-30-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you could finish up goal number three if you slip the girl a grand or two...

[/ QUOTE ]