PDA

View Full Version : Does the quality of 2001fp depreciate?

dacubbie
10-30-2005, 06:58 PM
So I bought a second 2001fp. I have them side by side, one hooked up to my laptop and one to my desktop until I can get my dual display videocard working. Now the new one appears to be much brighter and crisper than my old one (only around 6 months old). What would cause this? Age? Just wondering, as there's quite a bit of difference. Btw, they are both hooked up through the VGA port, so it's not due to one being DVI. Thanks.

OrcaDK
10-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Most TFT's do become more dim over time. Same situation with my 2001FP's.

10-30-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most TFT's do become more dim over time. Same situation with my 2001FP's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely one of the downsides of LCD screens at the moment. I suppose the only solution is to get x monitors at the same time, if you have the scratch.

dacubbie
10-30-2005, 07:10 PM
The quality goes down that quickly? My old one is only like 6 months old!

10-30-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The quality goes down that quickly? My old one is only like 6 months old!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any experience with this brand of monitor, but extensive usage will cause the screen to dim faster. Perhaps the backlight quality is poor hence the great price on this particular model. I don't know. Now I sound like a conspiracy theorist. Oh yeah, poker in general is rigged.

dacubbie
10-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Hmmm.. What's the best way to extend the quality of life..? Shut it off everytime not using it.. Using the power save method, or what?

10-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Shutting it off probably helps, but I think it's one of those things you'll just have to live with. It's not like the monitor is junk after the backlight dies; it can be fixed and replaced.

Maybe Dell has a repair option for it under it's warranty or something. I wouldn't think that dimming would be cause for a free repair, but if it dies you might be able to get it fixed...hopefully cheaper than the cost of buying a new one.

I'm sure it's annoying, but you'll probably get used to it.

ANY2CARDZ
10-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Mines dim too, and ive hardly used. It is there a way to brighten it with the settings?

sammy_g
10-30-2005, 09:06 PM
I've had some serious problems with screen burn in on one of my 2001fps. Make sure you use a screensaver.

Just to state the obvious... It's possible your monitors have different brightness/contrast settings. You might check that.

blendedsuit
10-31-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had some serious problems with screen burn in on one of my 2001fps. Make sure you use a screensaver.

Just to state the obvious... It's possible your monitors have different brightness/contrast settings. You might check that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Using DVI, I am currently unable to lower the brightness level on my 1905FP. It is way too bright. Changing the amount with the monitor buttons does not affect the brightness. I currently have it set at 0%. How can I lower this? I was able to slightly lower the brightness in XP within display properties, but it is still way too bright. Thanks,