PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker is it legit?

10-30-2005, 06:08 PM
There seems to be a disproportionate amount of bad beats. Is there something up with there card generator software? Are there sites that seem to run better? Thanks

ChuckyB
10-30-2005, 06:10 PM
The bad beats are the same as in your home game/B&M game. You're playing way more hands so there are more beats than in live poker. Plus the players are way worse, so they are playing longer with bad hands, thus more bad beats.

MyTurn2Raise
10-30-2005, 06:11 PM
but I get aces 5% less than I should after 50k hands /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Yup, party poker is rigged. There has been alot of discussion on this topic, and the top players have all reached the same agreement: Party Poker is most certainly rigged in favour of the bad players.

There is a way to get around this though. Play at the lower limits for about a week and play as bad and loose as you possibly can, Party will flag you as a "bad player" and the odds will be swayed in your favour for about a week. Repeat process after a week, move up significantly in stakes, profit greatly.

Oh and btw, no its not rigged, the site would have been long gone and sued to death if it was :-(

OrcaDK
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There seems to be a disproportionate amount of bad beats. Is there something up with there card generator software? Are there sites that seem to run better? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Happy now?

BruinEric
10-30-2005, 07:31 PM
First off, the FAQ here should address some of your questions in a compact and direct fashion.

Also, I've started a website with articles aimed at the player who is new to online poker on these very topics. I have a currently going series on shuffling, RNG's and the like.

The target audience is not the typical 2+2 player who has online poker experience.

I'm hoping to create a site where people can point their friends who have the same questions most players have at the beginning.

After a few months of writing, I should have a fairly comprehensive set of articles on these topics.

Bottom line: Major sites are dealing a fair game and 'bad beats' are a part of the game. Loose games are typically more profitable, but also have players calling down and catching cards too.

Add the fact that often when you WIN, your opponents cards are mucked or he folds to a river bet, so you don't see that he called you down with bottom pair hoping to catch a second pair or a 2-outer set. But when you lose the hand, you see the beat.

Good luck to you. If you're enjoying online poker, I recommend reading material such as "Small Stakes Hold 'Em," "Internet Texas Hold 'Em," or "Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em"

BigBiceps
10-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Full Tilt and Ultimate Bet seem legit.

10-30-2005, 08:48 PM
It's as legit as my pattern map.

10-30-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yup, party poker is rigged. There has been alot of discussion on this topic, and the top players have all reached the same agreement: Party Poker is most certainly rigged in favour of the bad players.

There is a way to get around this though. Play at the lower limits for about a week and play as bad and loose as you possibly can, Party will flag you as a "bad player" and the odds will be swayed in your favour for about a week. Repeat process after a week, move up significantly in stakes, profit greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I've done, and I've made tens of thousands of dollars. The important thing is to play any 2 cards, and see them all the way through to the river, calling all bets along the way. All 2+2ers do this at partypoker, it is the secret to big, big, big money.

jmgurgeh
10-30-2005, 09:55 PM
You need to adjust to the game. And by adjusting to the game, you need to understand that bad hands win disproporitonately there, so you should play them more. 72o isn't called "The Hammer" for nothing. Call any bet preflop and then bet and raise the whole way through if you hit any part of the flop. All the best guides to beating Party Poker mention this, so look for some online. They're usually standard MS Word documents.

J_B
10-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Party is sdo cleverly rigged, that ecen with a few million hands worth of statistics it still can't be proven to be rigged. Therefore, if you can't prove it to be rigged it MUST be rigged.

siccjay
10-31-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is serious too.

dibbs
10-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Archive search: "Pattern Maps"

Beavis68
10-31-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do engineer bad beats, but they distribute them randomly.

10-31-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: "I'm on a good streak and my sh!tty play hasn't caught up to me yet."

10-31-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party software has a screen-name based algorithm. If you have "Nutz", "69", "420", "KGB", "PoKeRGoD", or "Masta" in your name, then your inside straight draw odds are tripled, your flush draw odds are doubled, etc. Just adjust and check-fold to other players with these names drawing against you.

jman220
10-31-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party software has a screen-name based algorithm. If you have "Nutz", "69", "420", "KGB", "PoKeRGoD", or "Masta" in your name, then your inside straight draw odds are tripled, your flush draw odds are doubled, etc. Just adjust and check-fold to other players with these names drawing against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, the most ironic screen name I ever saw on party was a guy with the name "FishDevourer." Talk about cannibalism.

gabyyyyy
10-31-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh and btw, no its not rigged, the site would have been long gone and sued to death if it was :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Sued by who? They cannot be touched.

jman220
10-31-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sued by who? They cannot be touched.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. They cannot easily be touched. Don't forget also that they are now a publicly traded company on the UK stock exchange.