PDA

View Full Version : Need analysis of my overall game

10-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I have always been a ring game player and MTT player, just decided to take a crack at the so called cash cow at the Party SNG's, I have only about 80 games so far so the sample is small I know, but my results are odd enough I think that perhaps some analysis is in order. I suppose the most relevant statistics are these:

1st: 15%
2nd: 5%
3rd: 0%
4th: 12%
5th: 19%

Clearly, this is not going to make me a living anytime soon if it's the best I can do. I just think it's really odd that I almost always get first when I do place, and that I bust out in 5th almost as often as I make the money. Does this indicate I am too aggressive on the bubble area?

My basic strategy is the super tight only play QQ KK AA and AK for raises early on, just limp my PP's, never call more than 1/15th my stack with them looking for sets, then on the bubble I open raise all in with the top 50% of hands.

I notice, though, that i'm very very regularly super short stacked on the bubble as a result of that strategy. So, is any advice available on this little information or do I just assume i'm playing right and it's just variance? Not having any prior success at the SNG's, i'm pretty paranoid that i'm going about it all wrong and need to alter my game drastically in some way.

pooh74
10-30-2005, 03:58 PM
The only thing I, or anyone else here could probably tell you is that 80 is an insignificant sample...

You might be doing something wrong, you might not...if this were over 800 games, I'd quit. Try and post some hands where you are busting 5th and we'll let you know if they look decent or not.

applejuicekid
10-30-2005, 04:02 PM
come on guy there is a post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3811548&an=0&page=0#Post 3811548) on the first page addressing threads like this. Post hands, read and study more.

bawcerelli
10-30-2005, 04:14 PM
my eyes aren't workingright today. is that bullethead or bonehead?

pooh74
10-30-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not very "gentlemanly" of you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

splashpot
10-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Cool. I think this is the first time one of my posts has been linked to.

bawcerelli
10-30-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. you know when i happen to be running my mouth at a table and someone shoots back with "you're not a gentleman" my standard response is "do you believe everything you read on the internet?". heh

pooh74
10-30-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. you know when i happen to be running my mouth at a table and someone shoots back with "you're not a gentleman" my standard response is "do you believe everything you read on the internet?". heh

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I cant see you talking smack at the tables! You're just well behaved when I'm there?

BTW, hijack alert, watcha think of my QQ on first hand last night? Donkish?

bawcerelli
10-30-2005, 04:46 PM
when someone says the wrong this ( i don't care who it's directed at) i generally lay the smack down. i can't do it live, i'd intimidate the hell out of people, so i have to take advantage of it online.

anyhow, i didn't actually see most of that play. i happened to look as you two were already all in on the flop and the turn and river were being dealt. i assume you raised preflop. his call with 34s was either FPS or just overvaluing his hand. the flop was pretty coordinated obviously had a 3 and a 4, a 7 too i think and it had two of a suit, think spades. not sure how the flop betting went, but more often than not you're ahead there. even behind, his bottom two was vulnerable. with no reads and considering how bad some people play within the first few hands i don't see how you can fold it.

pooh74
10-30-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when someone says the wrong this ( i don't care who it's directed at) i generally lay the smack down. i can't do it live, i'd intimidate the hell out of people, so i have to take advantage of it online.

anyhow, i didn't actually see most of that play. i happened to look as you two were already all in on the flop and the turn and river were being dealt. i assume you raised preflop. his call with 34s was either FPS or just overvaluing his hand. the flop was pretty coordinated obviously had a 3 and a 4, a 7 too i think and it had two of a suit, think spades. not sure how the flop betting went, but more often than not you're ahead there. even behind, his bottom two was vulnerable. with no reads and considering how bad some people play within the first few hands i don't see how you can fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't you do it live? too big?

Anyway, the hand was special to me cas I raised 10 bbs PF after two limpers. I wasnt going away on that flop (543) when he could have 66-JJ. But I felt pretty stupid regardless.

bawcerelli
10-30-2005, 04:58 PM
well it's pretty simple. people that will call 10xbb raises with 34s with also go all in on that same flop when they have AJo. just a loose calling station that got lucky, no need to fret about it.

p.s. 6'5" 250, goatee sportin beanie wearing hoodlum lookin mofo. it's just not ethical to intimidate people live. /images/graemlins/smile.gif