PDA

View Full Version : blind steal PP 100nl

10-30-2005, 03:07 PM
So ive been having a bit of a rough day so im just checking if im not being retarted with my play.(At least in this hand anyway)
I get dealt 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the cutoff and raise to 4 against some tightist blind with standard size stacks (~100) and i cover. One folds but big blind calls.

(~9) flop 2 5 6 rainbow

i bet pot he check raises to 25 and i.......

Hattifnatt
10-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Was it a diamond on the flop? Doesn't matter veeery much but...

...I call the c/r and take it from there, you might have 14 outs.

10-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Anyone think a push is justified here??? I can see 1010 and jj being in the big blind hand ranges and play this way or even maybe 99s or 88s all of which fold to a push the majority of the time here.

Macquarie
10-30-2005, 06:06 PM
I think this is push or fold. You can't just call this - you then have a $60 pot and are likely to get forced out on a blank turn, and I'd say you don't have odds to draw to your straight (and overcards? unlikely). You don't want to invest a chunk of your stack on a draw here.

Push looks OK - you draw out maybe 3 in 10 and he probably folds low overpairs enough of the time here to make it just +EV.

gol4pro
10-30-2005, 06:53 PM
He's got at least an overpair here 100% of the time, UNLESS hes the special type of donk that can do this without an overpair... but you should know who those guys are anyway.

That said, call, and try to stack him on the turn. If you hit your straight, his stack is yours. If you miss, then play pot odds on turn.

Hattifnatt
11-01-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's got at least an overpair here 100% of the time, UNLESS hes the special type of donk that can do this without an overpair... but you should know who those guys are anyway.

That said, call, and try to stack him on the turn. If you hit your straight, his stack is yours. If you miss, then play pot odds on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally agree with this. A straightdraw is much harder for the opponent to see when it hits than a flushdraw.

I'm more happy to push here on a flushdraw with 2 overs than the straightdraw, especially with position.

xorbie
11-01-2005, 05:42 AM
There's almost nothing wrong you can do here. Pushing is an option, but I think most hands that fold to your push will also check the turn to you.