PDA

View Full Version : WPT: Mike Sexton + Vince Van Patton Credentials

gte910h
06-12-2003, 01:33 PM
I just saw the Party Poker Million on the WPT, and Mike Sexton appeared to actually make intelligent comments for once. I was wondering if the reason for that was he was a Limit pro or what.

Anyone on here have the skivvy on these two announcers?

Vehn
06-12-2003, 01:37 PM
I thought the announcing last night was the worst yet. And that's saying a lot.

gte910h
06-12-2003, 01:50 PM
But he didn't continually call players "Brilliant" then go on about it for 5 minutes when they made a call with a slightly better hand in NLHE. I don't say he's that much beter, just he wasn't totally inane last night. I did want to shoot him everytime he called a 16K or 32K bet a "Great Big Bet" or a "Huge Bet".

If I could do casting for WPT, I think I'd try to get Andy Glazier or someone else not continually given to hyperbole. I'd love to start a letter writing campaign to that effect even.

I'd also make sure I DON'T get the announcers on tape if they are going to act like they are announcing it live like they currently do.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Glazier not given to hyperbole??? You obviously haven't read his intro to Hellmuth's book.

OK, that being said, here's my regular plug for getting Gabe Kaplan to replace VVP.

dirty_dan
06-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Gabe would be much better than Vince. However he needs to sound more upbeat when he does his commentary. A corpse would be more lively.

bigfishead
06-13-2003, 12:43 PM
so very true. BTW Gabe is very nice at the table. Never seen him whine or snivel.