PDA

View Full Version : ***Official??*** comments/complaints/issues with new upgrade thread...

DcifrThs
10-30-2005, 02:15 PM
this is just so we can centralize the issues instead of having a million threads.

new thing i just noticed is the "rating" system. one post in mhl has 5 stars and a few have 1 star and it seems at first glance to be based on the # of replies. maybe its not though, haven't really looked into it.

if it is based on # replies, isn't the flame already for that. if not, then what is it based on?

Barron

AngryCola
10-30-2005, 02:17 PM
We already had a rating system. Pay attention!

It just wasn't displayed next to the thread listing before the upgrade. It was always shown at the bottom of an open thread.

I liked it better that way. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lloyd
10-30-2005, 02:19 PM
I think it's too late to centralize the problems. The rating is based on the average rating by people who elect to do so. If you open the thread, look at the bottom and you can see an option to rate it between 1 and 5 stars.

MrWookie47
10-30-2005, 02:29 PM
I had been posting all sorts of issues I dug up in my Signatures thread. I guess this thread is issuesthreads++.

citanul
10-30-2005, 02:31 PM
uh, no news yet on the ability to ban users, right?

with the re-instatement of signatures, the pokerprophecy douchebag who has a link in his sig should be banned, and well, impossible as of yet...

c

AngryCola
10-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Hmm... editing seems to bump threads and register as a new post.

EDIT -

And this post was placed inside the thread in a very odd way.

EDIT 2 -

I'll check back in a few hours. I suspect some of these issues will be fixed by then.

BUT!

I have a bad feeling we will be stuck with the "back" button clearing post data. That is not good, IMO.

Greg J
10-30-2005, 02:39 PM
I wish we had a similar system for posters. That would handle the whole color issue. (Semi off topic I know.)

Mike Haven
10-30-2005, 02:58 PM
What is the file icon on the left beside every Subject for? There seems to be no practical use for it to be there.

Lloyd
10-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Look on the bottom right of the page and you'll see what each of those graphics means. So they do mean something, although it's another unimportant upgrade for the problems that have been caused.

bobbyi
10-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah, apparently that file icon tells you if you the post is "new" based on its color. But you can already tell that based on the background color of the post/ thread, so it seems useless.

EDIT: Oh apparently the background color thing is now only when you are viewing the index for the forum. When you are reading the thread in theraded mode, it's not there anymore and you have to rely on this new file icon. I hate it.

Greg J
10-30-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the file icon on the left beside every Subject for? There seems to be no practical use for it to be there.

[/ QUOTE ]
That file thing is annoying the crap out of me!

Surfbullet
10-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I can't find the administrator section...

Also, where'd the green go?

And SPLIT HUSH!

That's about it.

Surf

Mat Sklansky
10-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I had bo idea chuck was doing this today. I enabled the censor, and i believe you guys can ban people now. I have to contact chuck with other stuff.

AngryCola
10-30-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has already been covered. Read first!

EDIT-

Well, I shouldn't have put it that way. It's already been pointed out, but no answers have been given to these questions.

Surfbullet
10-30-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has already been covered. Read first!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reading, I'm reading! Still can't find why the colors are gone? /images/graemlins/confused.gif And looks like the lack of mod powers is a temporary software issue..?

Surf

bobbyi
10-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I usually read in threaded mode. Now, if I click on the first post in a thread from the forum index, rather than bringing me to the post I clicked on it, it brings me to the first unread reply. This is really annoying. If I wanted that post, I would have clicked on it.

MrWookie47
10-30-2005, 03:36 PM
WHOA!

The new admin section is totally cool. Click on a user and edit them to see it. It's now easier than ever to ban someone, and there is a box for notes that are only visible to other mods and admins. THAT is a good feature - you can put a note if you ban someone, change their color, etc.

AngryCola
10-30-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHOA!

The new admin section is totally cool. Click on a user and edit them to see it. It's now easier than ever to ban someone, and there is a box for notes that are only visible to other mods and admins. THAT is a good feature - you can put a note if you ban someone, change their color, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very nice, and it is the first major improvement I've seen besides being able to start a poll inside a thread.

Surfbullet
10-30-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't know if anyone else uses this, but I add any interesting/relevant thread to my favorites list (mostly since they dissapear off of the front page of hush in no time flat). I go back and check the ones with the *New!* icon next to them.

Post-split, it displays the *New!* icon next to threads where I am the one who made the new post. This is really annoying /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Surf

AngryCola
10-30-2005, 10:13 PM
A very positive thing about the upgrade is the new smoothness of the forum.

So far, it's noticeably faster.

Mike Haven
10-31-2005, 06:20 AM
Minor issue:

I keep the "Show" at bottom left at "active in the last two days".

I have had to change it back from "from all dates", twice, so far.

DcifrThs
11-01-2005, 12:28 AM
the new upgrade makes it so that when you click on a thread's beginning post, it takes you to the latest post posted.

in mid/high, and other strategy forums, the latest post put up is occasionally the results post. i just opened a post i thought would be very interesting and the very first thing i see is the results.

WEAK.

Barron

AngryCola
11-01-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the new upgrade makes it so that when you click on a thread's beginning post, it takes you to the latest post posted.

in mid/high, and other strategy forums, the latest post put up is occasionally the results post. i just opened a post i thought would be very interesting and the very first thing i see is the results.

WEAK.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

It's apparently not the latest post, but the oldest unread post. This was covered in my recap thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3819969&an=0&page=0#Post 3819969), and I was informed that this has always been the default in flat mode.
It may not be working quite right at the moment, though.