PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with corduroy?

MarkSummers
10-30-2005, 12:56 PM
I wasn't aware that there was anything wrong with it. A few weeks ago I was looking for a fall jacket that didn't look too flashy and could be worn to class or the bar or whatever. I got a brown corduroy jacket from the Gap and I thought it looked reasonably good on me.

However when I showed my roomates, they made fun of me for buying a corduroy jacket. They didn't really tell me what was wrong with it except it made me look like a homeless person and corduroy was just plain "whack"

Anyway, does anyone know what's wrong with corduroy? I know people might say I'm weak for caring what other people think but I do and most people that say they don't are full of crap. Thanks OOT.

MrWookie47
10-30-2005, 01:01 PM
5 stars? WTF? Are people just going to start giving their own threads 5 stars at birth to get more attention? [censored].

(Yes, I typed that last [censored] by hand).

Lazymeatball
10-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I don't wear courduroy, but I've never heard of it being exceptionally unfashionable. When I was in highschool it was pretty popular with the alternative rock/punk crowd, especially the super wide courduroy. havn't paid much attention to it since. I would think a courduroy jacket would look pretty good in the college level english professor look, but not as much in the business world.

jakethebake
10-30-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
corduroy was just plain "whack"

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this good or bad? Sick is still good right?

MarkSummers
10-30-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I know, whack is bad. Sick can be good but sometimes it can be hard to tell from the context.

10-30-2005, 01:20 PM
hilarious. i got verbally assualted by a "metro" brit for wearing corduroy pants today. "are those corduroy trousers? i haven't seen those in years. legendary." i happen to be a fan of the cord. comfortable etc...

10-30-2005, 01:21 PM
swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish swish

Los Feliz Slim
10-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Did you hear about the new corduroy pillows?

They're making headlines!

MarkSummers
10-30-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you hear about the new corduroy pillows?

They're making headlines!

[/ QUOTE ]

This may have been posted a while back but.

What is helen keller's favorite color?

Corduroy

jakethebake
10-30-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Corduroy

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if it was posted before or not, but I first heard it about 25 years ago. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

diebitter
10-30-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Corduroy

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if it was posted before or not, but I first heard it about 25 years ago. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Jake, you above all should know the old ones are the best ones.

Brain
10-30-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Corduroy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

=

If you have to ask, you're too old. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10-30-2005, 02:42 PM
What do you get with a corduroy condom?

A groovy kind of love! Yes, I'll seriously consider killing myself now.

jakethebake
10-30-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jake, you above all should know the old ones are the best ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are not nearly enough hot young chicas that believe this. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blarg
10-30-2005, 04:46 PM
It's usually very comfy, but it has it's downsides, one of which is funny. You can always hear a guy in corduroys approaching, because the sides of your pants legs when wearing them make a weird noise when they rub together as you walk. I'd guess hearing that noise would make a woman self-conscious about fat legs, too.

Also, it stains and gets its finish damaged from normal use really easily. Then the pile of it goes down - the way the fabric normally stucks up -- in that certain stained or damaged spot, and it looks like when you have some big drag spot across a plush rug. Just off, like you should really be throwing it away. Like you're a bum.

If you can get by the squeaking whenever you walk, and how easy it is to destroy the look, then it does have a retro 70's appeal, if you're into that. And it is comfy. But I've owned plenty and wouldn't buy any more. I don't like getting one little thing on a shirt or a coat and having it look damaged from then on out.