PDA

View Full Version : Forums been upgraded - can we split HUSH now?

Surfbullet
10-30-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm sure it's been tough just getting the forum software upgraded, but will it be possible to split HUSH into mid-high HUSH and small-stakes HUSH in the near future?

Thanks for the hard work, Mat.

Surf

Edit: HUSH has the highest traffic of any limit HE forum on the site, and is 2nd only to STT in terms of high volume in strategy forums.

MrWookie47
10-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Actually, HUSH is not the only forum that would like to see a HUSH split. The Microlimit forum would benefit too, I think. It has become sort of a de facto Small Stakes HUSH forum since HUSH proper isn't particularly receptive to hand posts that are below 5/10. A lot of the full ring players that frequent there don't like having to filter through all the 6 max posts. I play exclusively 6 max now (and below 5/10), so I'd like to see this as well.

BottlesOf
10-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Does this look awful to anyone else? Are we not green anymore? Do I need to make some changes to my settings?

Surfbullet
10-30-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this look awful to anyone else? Are we not green anymore? Do I need to make some changes to my settings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, where'd the green go?

Surf

MrWookie47
10-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Good question. I hadn't even noticed that yet. We still have our little M (or A, if you're Mat) flags in our home forums, though.

Surfbullet
11-02-2005, 08:14 PM
bump...

How's it coming along? Lots of anxious HUSHers are wondering.

Surf

stabn
11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bump...

How's it coming along? Lots of anxious HUSHers are wondering.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe check once a week? I know a lot of people are interested but this is a bit much (also HuSH traffic seems to be kinda slow right now anyway).

Surfbullet
11-02-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe check once a week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good call. Just trying to do my best - esp when I get daily questions from the regulars.

[ QUOTE ]
I know a lot of people are interested but this is a bit much (also HuSH traffic seems to be kinda slow right now anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

HUSH has the 2nd highest traffic (post-wise and thread-wise) of any strategy forum save STT(which is only slightly higher). Out of curiosity, what are you basing this on?(serious question)

Surf

MrWookie47
11-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Do we have access to those statistics since the upgrade? I don't know where to find them. It's just a curiosity, but I'm curious.

And just to reiterate, the Micro forum is also chomping at the bit for the split. As someone who plays exclusively small stakes 6 max, I'd really like to see it happen. If I could, I'd like to volunteer to moderate it should it happen. It'll probably be populated by a good chunk of folk from the micro forum anyway.

stabn
11-03-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe check once a week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good call. Just trying to do my best - esp when I get daily questions from the regulars.

[ QUOTE ]
I know a lot of people are interested but this is a bit much (also HuSH traffic seems to be kinda slow right now anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

HUSH has the 2nd highest traffic (post-wise and thread-wise) of any strategy forum save STT(which is only slightly higher). Out of curiosity, what are you basing this on?(serious question)

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

The last two days have been a bit slower than usual is all.

Surfbullet
11-03-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do we have access to those statistics since the upgrade? I don't know where to find them. It's just a curiosity, but I'm curious.

And just to reiterate, the Micro forum is also chomping at the bit for the split. As someone who plays exclusively small stakes 6 max, I'd really like to see it happen. If I could, I'd like to volunteer to moderate it should it happen. It'll probably be populated by a good chunk of folk from the micro forum anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd be a smart choice to moderate SShush... I'd prefer to moderate Mid-high HUSH, since I play 10/20 & 15/30 now, in the middle of progressing to 20/40 and 30/60, so I'd be spending most of my time in mid-high anyway.

Surf

Surfbullet
11-03-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The last two days have been a bit slower than usual is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha, just curious.

Surf

MrWookie47
11-03-2005, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

[ QUOTE ]
SShush... Mid-high HUSH

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though Ent's choice of names don't make a whole lot of sense, MUSH and LUSH just roll off the toungue so much easier...

Surfbullet
11-03-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Start posting in HUSH now maybe if you want the spot, because lots of HUSH regulars will probably come up for consideration.

Surf

DcifrThs
11-03-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
SShush... Mid-high HUSH

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though Ent's choice of names don't make a whole lot of sense, MUSH and LUSH just roll off the toungue so much easier...

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i dunno wtf you're talking about

MUSH and LUSH absolutely RULE!!!!

Barron

BottlesOf
11-03-2005, 11:15 AM
I like MUSH and SHUSH! (exclamation point optional)

Entity
11-03-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd be a smart choice to moderate SShush... I'd prefer to moderate Mid-high HUSH, since I play 10/20 & 15/30 now, in the middle of progressing to 20/40 and 30/60, so I'd be spending most of my time in mid-high anyway.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally running good? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

Surfbullet
11-03-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Finally running good? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, somewhat /images/graemlins/smile.gif I final-tabled two $11 rebuy tourneys on stars, and ran for 1.5 BB/100 through Oct...all that + rakeback = Surf is movin' up in the world!

Surf