PDA

View Full Version : Flopped quad aces... any way to get action?

dirty_dan
06-12-2003, 11:55 AM
I raise in EP with bullets, button and BB call.

FLOP: Ah Ac Qs rainbow
With that flop there's no way I'd bet out if it hit me, so I bet out and button calls.

TURN: Tc
Good... some draws. I bet button folds.

If theres no real action preflop, is there any way to get people to play with you when you flop quad aces?

Nottom
06-12-2003, 01:30 PM
I like the flop bet, but I think I would check the turn. He might put you on KK or JJ and try to steal. Quads Aces is definatly about the biggest action killer out there so feel happy you got a call on the flop. The only way you will see any real action is if your opponent happens to catch the boat to go with you here. I am pretty curious as to what he called the flop with.

Homer
06-12-2003, 01:40 PM
I agree with nottom....bet the flop, check the turn against most opponents. Against some opponents it is better to keep betting, though (especially those who will call you down with a Q/T or might raise you with a straight!).

-- Homer

dirty_dan
06-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Me too because I can't think of many hands he could have had. This guy didn't seem like a bad player, but then again he did horribly misread the board once and mucked A2 (he flashed the player to his left) after flopping two pair when the river brought a fourth heart. Unfortunately the heart was the deuce and he didn't even notice.

bdk3clash
06-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Dan:

I was at the same table as you last night. Given the lineup, I'm surprised you didn't get raised. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

By the way, is it me, or is the must-move table invariably a better game? When I was called to the main game, I cashed out. I probably should have gotten back on the must move list. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

dirty_dan
06-12-2003, 01:56 PM
I've found the must moves to be softer but less action. When I got pushed to the main game I sat to the left of a guy I've played with a couple times that'll cap it preflop with crap like 98o or 85s. I was salivating but couldn't get anything to isolate him with. He busted out and I finally picked up a hand and it ended up being capped 7-way preflop. Definitely more action in the main game.

I am Money
06-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Last night I watched a really similar hand with Quad K's.
Almost identical preflop and flop action but the guy with pocket Kings leaned out and started talking to the caller. I don't re-call the exact words that were used but it was basically just talking out the hand and asking questions about the action. The guys with pocket Kings continued to talk… think that was the key. (exactly what was said is not critical, so long as it doesn't make sense in total) Not one line but just saying stuff, all kinds of stuff. He used lots of "humms" and "umms". Like. "umms, Jack is trouble," "humm, calling with hearts" "Let's see. I bet you raise, umm, maybe a raise"...

I know that for Good players this kind of table talk is a dead give away that you have a huge hand. But what do you have to loose? Maybe the caller will be suspicious enough to call to the river. This is exactly what happened last night. Other guy called to the river with middle pair, big kicker.

dirty_dan
06-12-2003, 02:47 PM
I don't talk at all during my hands. I think it's too easy to involuntarily give something away if you're talking, whether it's about the hand or not.