PDA

View Full Version : book for limit HE tourneys?

Tyler Durden
06-12-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm starting to play limit hold 'em multi-table tourneys and I'm wondering which book would most help me with this?

My guess is 2+2 book Tournament Poker for Advanced Players.
Any thoughts? thanks.

mrbaseball
06-12-2003, 12:28 PM
I think HFAP and ToP are the best books for limit tourneys. Limit tourneys are won with good solid poker play. The kind you learn in HFAP and ToP.

A knowledge of stack sizes and desperation plays is good too. A feel for when to get aggressive and when to lay in the weeds. But mostly solid poker. As much as I like 2+2 and the writings of David and Mason I got next to nothing out of Tournament Poker for AP. I got no revelations at all. It did have some info I considered common knowledge but I found nothing earth shattering or revolutionary. In fact there were a few things I outright disagree with.

Experience is the best tournament teacher I think.

Al Mirpuri
06-13-2003, 06:31 AM
Poker Tournament Strategies published by Two Plus Two Publishing LLC is devoted primarily to limit Hold'em tournaments of various types. This book predates Tournament Poker For Advanced Players by a number of years. It is written by Sylvester Suzuki (a pen name).

Poker Tournament Strategies has a rating of 8 from Mason Malmuth. I own a copy but have found it difficult to evaluate its worth as limit tournaments are difficult to find in England.

However, Poker Tournament Strategies has advice for some very specific limit Hold'em structures. It just might hit the nail on its exact head. For instance, it gives advice on rebuys, and TPFAP refers readers, who are playing in rebuy tournaments, to it.

If you are going to play limit Hold'em tournaments then you should purchase this book.